So Ele was nerfed into trash tier?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

No it’s jack of one trade and you’re a spell casting Paragon from guild wars 1 lol!

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

This is how i see it ele is no longer a jack of all trades class at any point in the game you can at best only build one way all in support for pvp/wvw and all in dmg for pve/wvw. I am not sure why ele was pushed to this but most other classes seem to be able to do good if not great dmg and support very well and tank well too.
I think eng/scraper is a good point of what a jack of all trades class should look like. Ele as a class lacks major tools that eng has stealth or evasion skill more then 2 types of condition dmg and the abitly to give others and them self powerful boons.
Yes ele is very viable as highly specialized builds but that not the ideal behind ele and it seems that not the way its been buffed / nerfed. Ele is no longer a jack of all tirades class and to try to play as if it is your going to be a “trash” tier set up.

It’s a symptom of being responsible for points. Elementalists and thieves generally need to stay mobile due to low base HP pools.

Also celestial amulet is gone.

I think scrappers (and elite specs in general, such as reaper, DH , druid , and to a lesser extent daredevil and chrono) are slightly overtuned but that’s a separate topic.

But in no way are eles “trash tier” unlike the sensationalist thread title would have you believe.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer