So I tried out d/d ele again today..

in Elementalist

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Nopeee. Nope nope nope. Needless to say, it didn’t work out. I couldn’t even actively contribute to team fights. The only time where I could even remotely shine was to either

1. Bait my opponents into chasing me so my bunker can cap and we can hold the cap
2. Lightning flash a fire burst on a low target and proceed to safestomp with mistform
3. Try to go for backcaps with my mobility
4. Hold one of their supports on a contested point since he would be better in a team fight than i would be so it’s a good trade for me

Otherwise, the amount of cc and condi (especially chill) would rekt me. I felt like a thief instead of an ele.

To get straight to the point, I’m debunking claims that d/d ele still works in this meta. The power creep is so insane even a top build in the previous meta couldn’t compete.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Towren.1745

Towren.1745

I agree.

I had more success running full beserker staff elly than I did D/D since meteor shower at least did something before I died in 2 seconds. D/D and Celestial Staff are just dead in ranked.

And I’m finding Aura Mancer incredibly boring atm.

Recipe for Disaster
Guild Leader
[EU] Desolation

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Yep, the bruiser D/D cele Ele no longer works. After the nerf, it doesn’t have the damage to kill a new HoT bunker (Mesmer/Druid). And it doesn’t have the sustain to survive Rev/DH/Reaper.

Even the amount of boons it gives to the team is subpar to a Rev. I still play D/D Ele sometimes just because I miss the active playstyle, but I have to admit only noob would die to a cele D/D Ele now.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Haven’t tried a d/d since the update. But with my glass staff build (not tempest) I don’t usually die even once in a game. The new meta has a lot of close range pressure, but if you position properly there are few meta builds that can properly pressure you. With less thieves around, I am often uncontested. It still doesn’t work too well due to the fact that I can’t really go on point, and the team I’m on is often only winning at whichever point I’m at and losing the other two points. The damage pressure of a arc/air/fire staff ele with zerker amulet is crazy. Glad the current meta can barely deal with it. I do miss downing a whole team on a point, but that meta has passed, everyone is tanky enough to get off point or die.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I don’t find it possible to realistically play dmg Maurauder staff anymore against good teams. Mesmer, Engis and Guards will just melt you faster than you can cast a fireball. Yeah it’s possible but I wouldn’t call it viable.

It was the only thing I played before HoT, and it took a huge drop when the new meta came.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Haven’t tried a d/d since the update. But with my glass staff build (not tempest) I don’t usually die even once in a game. The new meta has a lot of close range pressure, but if you position properly there are few meta builds that can properly pressure you. With less thieves around, I am often uncontested. It still doesn’t work too well due to the fact that I can’t really go on point, and the team I’m on is often only winning at whichever point I’m at and losing the other two points. The damage pressure of a arc/air/fire staff ele with zerker amulet is crazy. Glad the current meta can barely deal with it. I do miss downing a whole team on a point, but that meta has passed, everyone is tanky enough to get off point or die.

I played glass staff a lot too. What funny is that the opponents usually just ignore me. Some even runs pass me without attacking since they think I’m a bunker Tempest. Nevertheless, as soon as you face a decent Rev with his 5s 1200 range teleport + chill, you’re over.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I don’t know, I agree a glass rev sticking to you is almost as tough as thief. I still find that with my build I can pressure them pretty well. Again, its about positioning, there are spots that sword 3 bugs, and spots that teleports fail. Knowing this really hurts revs trying to chase you down. I agree that I can often go most games without much focus on me, when someone tries to get me, I can usually get away.

Don’t get me wrong, its not a strong build in the current meta, but the current meta doesn’t have many easy ways to down a 12k hp ele funny enough. I crit my meteor shower for 5k on blue lord, I’m not sure how much armor he has, and I don’t spend time looking at my damage against players due to being so busy hustling around, but that is a lot of damage. I find only a mesmer can stay on a point for over 10 seconds. If they try and stay for too long and no one chases me down, I’ll down them within 20 seconds. Again though, the current counter is just to walk off the point, and back on when needed. I can’t go on the point with the build (except maybe a quick decap). However it can be a fun build when you have a good team that knows how to stay on the points. As I said, often, my team gravitates to sticking with me, cause when they do they feel very powerful. But then, the enemy easily takes the rest of the map.

fireball might look like kitten now, but it still hits really hard with lava font, meteors and 25 might. (my build always has 25 might when attacking a point) It just hurts, and I go most games with 1-2 deaths only.

I still win most of my games as a d/f tempest and lost a lot as a glass staff. Holding a point and having some presence is just so important in this meta where the enemies can stick on a point for so long, even against super hard burst builds.

I held for almost 30 seconds against a maurader scrapper and dh, until help got there on my tempest build. The sustain of some builds is crazy. You really need to go full damage to hurt other players, but then you lose point presence. Hopefully they nerf some of the sustain of this meta. I’ve always enjoyed damage builds more. When everyone is a bunker with small damage or a condi class that can just be cleansed (rev/reaper) the fights can last a while.

Also, lol to anyone who has issues with dh. I feel bad for them, they can only kill inexperienced and bad players.