So does ANET still hate Ele's?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

I’ve been gone for a week and I’m wondering if anet still hates us. Oh, I see that fresh air was already nerfed. Looks like “Yes”.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Apparently “What they lack in physical toughness, they make up in versatility and the ability to inflict massive damage in a single attack.” got translated wrongly.

“Roll a Thief” was the original terminology.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

How Anet ever hated ele? From my experience since beta was even released to the rest of the public, the elementalist have been great at every aspect of the game. I strongly believe the issues that some players post on the forums originate by how the users play and not from the profession.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

ARM.3912

Yes, how dare users want to play in WvW.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

What’s stopping you? I still roam and zerg in wvw with my ele and I do it way better than when I go with my mesmer, warrior and ranger.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Is that all we can do? Roam in Zerg….Sad…

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Pessimists galore , everywhere i tell you..EVERYWHERE.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Do you mean to imply actually contributing meaningful progression of the map with the ability to take points as part of a larger group (let alone our continued solid role in said groups) should somehow be looked down upon compared to solo roaming and contributing absolutely nothing except to the number of kitten waving videos on youtube?

Somewhere in a cubicle at Anet a tear is rolling down the cheek of a developer in empathy of your plight.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Do you mean to imply actually contributing meaningful progression of the map with the ability to take points as part of a larger group (let alone our continued solid role in said groups) should somehow be looked down upon compared to solo roaming and contributing absolutely nothing except to the number of kitten waving videos on youtube?

For balancing, absolutely. Zerging is mindless facemashing and balance means absolutely nothing there since no one is playing even remotely close to well and victory is determined by numbers rather than skill. That’s why people can zerg with upleveled characters and do perfectly fine, whereas in an even numbered fight with lower numbers they would get immediately destroyed and cause their group to lose (assuming equal skill levels).

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’ve been gone for a week and I’m wondering if anet still hates us. Oh, I see that fresh air was already nerfed. Looks like “Yes”.

It wasn’t nerfed. It was fixed to do what the tooltip said it did.

For balancing, absolutely. Zerging is mindless facemashing and balance means absolutely nothing there since no one is playing even remotely close to well and victory is determined by numbers rather than skill. That’s why people can zerg with upleveled characters and do perfectly fine, whereas in an even numbered fight with lower numbers they would get immediately destroyed and cause their group to lose (assuming equal skill levels).

This is not entirely true. I’ve been in zerg fights against lower-ranked servers where we won fights against superior numbers (or simply held out for a ridiculously long time) simply because we had better players.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

(edited by Blaine Tog.8304)

in Elementalist

Stealth.9324

What I means is we has been reduced from an excellent roamer to a class that is dependent large in group. In short, we can not do anything on our own.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Not entirely true . If you are in a zerg with great pvpers, you could encounter a scenario where your zerg beats the opposite zergs that have at least 2 times more players. Even on zerg, individual skills and build greatly matter.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demon.5082

Demon.5082

Posts like these make me glad I stopped gw2 for a year.

I totally missed the Ele d/d godmode since I never played then.
I just started the game again 3 months back and see only equal numbers of nerfs and buffs :-)

Do not get me wrong. I want a LOT of things changed and fixed with our class but I do not deny that we are pretty powerful right now.

Cevinian (elementalist), Gesmia Romirr (mesmer), Zerkarr (warrior) Devona’s Rest – US.
Breakdown of class roles in tpvp
Suggestions for improving/fixing elementalists

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

I strongly believe the issues that some players post on the forums originate by how the users play and not from the profession.

I still roam and zerg in wvw with my ele and I do it way better than when I go with my mesmer, warrior and ranger.

That’s the idea.

My mesmer is much better in a 1v1 fight then my ele.
My thief a lot faster in roaming then my ele, it’s also a lot saver mainly because of the “I-win” or better yet the “I-don’t-lose” mechanic.
My guardian is way more effective and useful in zergs.

But my guardian sucks in roaming and small fights. My mesmer is really slow (out of combat) and can’t be effective in zergs and my thief has major problems fighting in zergs or against skilled opponents in 1v1.

All the while my ele can roam pretty fast, I can have around 70% swiftness uptime. It’s doing well in small fights, even in 1v1 I can handle myself. And in zergs I can use my staff and still be moderately useful.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chimaster.8165

Chimaster.8165

Just so you know, there are 2 types of zerging, mindless and strategic. Staff eles happen to be good in both. Zerging does get boring after a while which is why people like to roam.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

I don’t know why pve’ers/wvw cry about ele nerfs. Hardly any of the ele nerfs exist out of spvp. I have put my ele on hold in spvp because sor was over nerfed (I don’t like glyph heal) but it wasnt touched in wvw/pve. Healing ripple and Evasive Arcana nerfs as well were just in spvp. My ele in WvW and PvE is kitten good and Im not even in ascended gear yet. Are you crying about not having 3 stun breakers? That’s just a l2p problem.

(edited by Nikkle.4013)

in Elementalist

ARM.3912

I don’t know why pve’ers/wvw cry about ele nerfs. Hardly any of the ele nerfs exist out of spvp. I have put my ele on hold in spvp because sor was over nerfed (I don’t like glyph heal) but it wasnt touched in wvw/pve. Healing ripple and Evasive Arcana nerfs as well were just in spvp. My ele in WvW and PvE is kitten good and Im not even in ascended gear yet. Are you crying about not having 3 stun breakers? That’s just a l2p problem.

Right… No one has ever been effected in WvW by moving 4 times slower. Clearly a l2p issue for those people that can no longer outrun zergs or catch up to their targets.

Please share your masterful wisdom oh yee of great PvE power. Teach us mortals how you WvW so well from divinity’s reach.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Right… No one has ever been effected in WvW by moving 4 times slower. Clearly a l2p issue for those people that can no longer outrun zergs or catch up to their targets.

Please share your masterful wisdom oh yee of great PvE power. Teach us mortals how you WvW so well from divinity’s reach.

If you are playing d/d you still have very good mobility, stop the qq. S/D got hit hard by the rtl nerf but that effects your ability to run not your in-combat effectivness. So we get owned by zergs, so do a lot of other classes. Reroll thief then. That auto-seeking #2 is probably better suited for someone like you. I appreciate your exaggeration, ele’s can’t move they can only rtl point to point!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Erm, how the hell did RTL nerf hit S/D more then D/D?

With S/D you can still hit players from range, with D/D you`re stuck at melee only, hence D/D got hit most from that dumb nerf.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Just gonna throw this out there: I played spvp for two hours last night and I did not see one single other ele the whole time. No exaggerating. And I was looking for eles the whole time because I just need to kill one ele in spvp to complete my pvp monthly, but there are so few of them out there. I’m not sure what this says about the ele, but it says something.

Lots of us eles in WvW though. And I feel strong as an ele in WvW.

It could mean varies things. Maybe it was late at night where most spvp players were sleeping, or those eles went to WvW or pve during that time. Finally it could simply means there are more eles getting completely bored of spvp and started preferring solo roaming in WvW instead just like me. You can’t really draw any conclusion from mere 2 hours of playing at a single night.

in Elementalist

ARM.3912

It is a l2p issue if you believe we are unable to outrun a zerg as Ele. We still have a lot of mobility with rtl not getting affected by cripple or chill and the 1200 range along with fgs, swiftness and lightning flash to escape from zerg or catch up even thieves. If fgs mobility gets nerf then it will hurt all eles that are not from the norm race in term of mobility.

I think it is soooo cute that you claim to play this game and also claim that an ele can catch theives! Trolling is bad, stop it.

With S/D you can still hit players from range, with D/D you`re stuck at melee only, hence D/D got hit most from that dumb nerf.

This^ And when in melee range what does an ele need to survive? Mobility!
Plus everyone knows S/D is garbage. The only difference now is that so is D/D so people act like S/D is worth playing… it isn’t.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

^I’ll admit scepter does need some work, but it’s far from garbage. But the ele in general needs a lot of work so there’s no point in arguing which of our weapons suck the most. They’ve done a pretty good job of bringing everything down to the same level of mediocrity.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mesiphidon.8324

Mesiphidon.8324

It is a l2p issue if you believe we are unable to outrun a zerg as Ele. We still have a lot of mobility with rtl not getting affected by cripple or chill and the 1200 range along with fgs, swiftness and lightning flash to escape from zerg or catch up even thieves. If fgs mobility gets nerf then it will hurt all eles that are not from the norm race in term of mobility.

I think it is soooo cute that you claim to play this game and also claim that an ele can catch theives! Trolling is bad, stop it.

Plus everyone knows S/D is garbage. The only difference now is that so is D/D so people act like S/D is worth playing… it isn’t.

Why are you here? Why do you still play Elementalist if you hate it so much? At this point it’s pretty clear you can’t adapt, have short sighted ideals about the class and are very likely bad at it. Your posts seriously make me question the mental capabilities of a lot of elementalist players.

Sure Elementalist still need a bit of work, and yes the RTL nerf is extreme and too much. But the class is still very playable, it’s still a staple in tpvp, staff eles are MANDATORY in organized large group 15+ WvW play. DD and S/D eles can roam still especially if you pair up with a thief. Yes solo roaming took a hit, get over it or go roll a thief.

also if you seriously think S/D is weak, then sorry dude you’re just bad at it. It’s a l2p issue there. But somehow I don’t see that happening, instead of rolling another class since it’s clear you refuse to adapt and hate your elementalist you’ll waste all our time kittening about how much Anet ‘hates’ ele.

and in case you didn’t read all that, the tldr version: kitten and reroll already

in Elementalist

ARM.3912

Why are you here? Why do you still play Elementalist if you hate it so much? At this point it’s pretty clear you can’t adapt, have short sighted ideals about the class and are very likely bad at it. Your posts seriously make me question the mental capabilities of a lot of elementalist players.

Sure Elementalist still need a bit of work, and yes the RTL nerf is extreme and too much. But the class is still very playable, it’s still a staple in tpvp, staff eles are MANDATORY in organized large group 15+ WvW play. DD and S/D eles can roam still especially if you pair up with a thief. Yes solo roaming took a hit, get over it or go roll a thief.

also if you seriously think S/D is weak, then sorry dude you’re just bad at it. It’s a l2p issue there. But somehow I don’t see that happening, instead of rolling another class since it’s clear you refuse to adapt and hate your elementalist you’ll waste all our time kittening about how much Anet ‘hates’ ele.

and in case you didn’t read all that, the tldr version: kitten and reroll already

So you are going to post a video of your d/d or s/d ele CURRENTLY winning some fights then eh? Didn’t think so.

in Elementalist

Mesiphidon.8324

So you are going to post a video of your d/d or s/d ele CURRENTLY winning some fights then eh? Didn’t think so.

I win fights all the time, 1v1 2v1 ect. Last night my guardian friend and I won a 6v2 in WvW while doing our daily. And I stream frequently, everything from Spvp to GvG. Why don’t you watch the Xunleashed video if you demand something right now? It’s a pretty good showcase of a skilled elementalist.

Oh and go re-roll already. You’re obviously not happy with the class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ian Kennedy.4563

Ian Kennedy.4563

l2p l2p l2p l2p l2p l2p l2p l2p l2p
at least one of those is: Learn To Program
i’m talking to you ArenaNet

the reason elems complain so much, is because mmo’s should be a modern version of chess
there are different roles on the board, each significant in its own right.. and formidable when paired up with other pieces.. this obviously isn’t the game ArenaNet is constructing

the game is rather unbalanced. if it were a person, you would send it to therapy
constructive criticism is completely warranted, but most of the complaining lacks depth.
much of the gw2 forum base can’t even grasp the fundamental differences between 0p, nerf, and tweaking skills. it Has led to some completely redundant patch notes…

i’m doubtful the game will rise to the occasion at this point
it seems to have degenerated into a feeding ground for trolls, sheep, and lemmings
enjoy the scraps, while they last
the rest of us aren’t amused

While i agree with the chess analogy it is mildly inaccurate as you have several pieces that A) Circumvent the general rules (Knights) B ) Are more powerful than the rest (Queen) and C) Are weaker than the rest (King & Pawns).

• I do recognize that all these can be defeated by less (or more) powerful pieces, however an intelligent player with a powerful piece will be nigh invincible compared to the lesser pieces.

in Elementalist

Ian Kennedy.4563

sigh, i thought the point was pretty clear
  *similar to chess
happy?

Very, merely pointing out that not all pieces are the same power level.

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

I win fights all the time, 1v1 2v1 ect. Last night my guardian friend and I won a 6v2 in WvW while doing our daily. And I stream frequently, everything from Spvp to GvG. Why don’t you watch the Xunleashed video if you demand something right now? It’s a pretty good showcase of a skilled elementalist.

Guys like him never reroll. They sit around on forums complaining about the class thinking that will somehow get things changed. He’ll eventually realize that all his efforts will change absolutely nothing and he’ll eventually reroll or just move on.

Changes almost never occur because of forum “feedback.” Most changes in these kinds of games happen due to game data that’s being collected. How many elementalists are being used in PvP. What’s their K/D? What’s their traits? What’s their utility? I’m sure that’s just the tip of the iceberg of what stats they can pull.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Stealth.9324

You are Xunleased…0-0..OMG, if you are, I am a big fan of yours..Can I get your signatures please :<3. Joking aside, can I please duel you when you are free? I would love to test my skill against yours. Send me an in-game mail to Kaane Moka when you are on, please. Big thank in advance.

in Elementalist

Mesiphidon.8324

You are Xunleased…0-0..OMG, if you are, I am a big fan of yours..Can I get your signatures please :<3. Joking aside, can I please duel you when you are free? I would love to test my skill against yours. Send me an in-game mail to Kaane Moka when you are on, please. Big thank in advance.

Haha no I’m not Xunleashed. I wouldn’t place myself on that level of play but I am fairly confident in my ability as a player. I was just pointing ARM to that video as I’ve watched it a few times now and he’s an exceptional elementalist. And he’s showcasing what is possible besides the boring as sin D/D bunker build. I enjoy D/D, but I refused to play it bunker, just ugh.

It’s enjoyable watching other skilled players of all the classes because you can actually learn a lot and adapt it to your play style. And I actually ended up giving Xunleashed’s glyph set up a try in my S/D fresh air build and have been impressed by it. I swapped one of my cantrips out for Arcane Shield after the latest balance patch, but honestly after messing around with it I feel GoEP is actually quite under rated. (at least with the proper traits) The amount of uptime on regen/swiftness protection you can maintain with that set up is actually quite decent. And it actually helps you apply more pressure once you’ve broken the stun which gives you time to recover.

Kodiak.3281:

Guys like him never reroll. They sit around on forums complaining about the class thinking that will somehow get things changed. He’ll eventually realize that all his efforts will change absolutely nothing and he’ll eventually reroll or just move on.

Changes almost never occur because of forum “feedback.” Most changes in these kinds of games happen due to game data that’s being collected. How many elementalists are being used in PvP. What’s their K/D? What’s their traits? What’s their utility? I’m sure that’s just the tip of the iceberg of what stats they can pull.

Either way, all the doom and gloom is just annoying to read all the time and ARM is one of the biggest whiners. It’s no wonder this forum is so dead. It has a horrible atmosphere. And I usually try to avoid posting in forums like this, but just the incessant kittening has annoyed me beyond belief. Ele’s need work yeah but they are not unplayable by any means.

(edited by Mesiphidon.8324)

in Elementalist

ARM.3912

Uh-huh sure you do. What’s the name of the mob you are “owning”?

Fraps of WvW or it didn’t happen.

in Elementalist

Ian Kennedy.4563

Are you serious right now? So what if it happened or not? The point is that it is possible as demonstrated by the Xunleashed video. This is a stupid argument. The nerfs happened, no one who plays an ele with any regularity is happy. There is nothing that fighting with each other will accomplish except to prove that you’re a bigger idiot than the other guy. Whether Anet hates the ele or not is irrelevant, if you don’t like the way the game is designed then don’t play it. No one wants to here about your boohoos over the nerfs.

*I have a level 80 ele before anyone accuses me otherwise.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xunleashed.5271

Xunleashed.5271

I’m not gonna say that ele is fine the way it is now, but Ele is the class that scales most with player skill. When you meet an ele in wvw it can be the esiest kill ever or a nightmare. DD didn’t lost his figthing power, maybe lost some of his roaming mobility, but brings so much support, disruption, cc, and nice damage on a fight. And is still one of the hardest challenge on 1v1. S/D is a new way to play it, loses some of the dd boon based survivability, giving more dps and versatility with his hybrid range. Staff is on a good way now, still needs some love yes, I’m trying it these days and I’m starting to like it, maybe I will do a vid with it later… Focus, still don’t fit in any build to me, needs rework.
At the end, saying that ele is unplayable is ridicolous, saying it is underpowered, I don’t think, ele is just hard to master: there is no easy-win-button, easy combo or easy mechanic to use (like stealth). But this is why I like it
We need work on weapon sets (new ones), utility spells and traits to make new builds available.

Xunleashed [BT] – Elementalist
WvW Videos Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/XunleashedGW2

in Elementalist

ARM.3912

Are you serious right now? So what if it happened or not? The point is that it is possible as demonstrated by the Xunleashed video. This is a stupid argument. The nerfs happened, no one who plays an ele with any regularity is happy. There is nothing that fighting with each other will accomplish except to prove that you’re a bigger idiot than the other guy. Whether Anet hates the ele or not is irrelevant, if you don’t like the way the game is designed then don’t play it. No one wants to here about your boohoos over the nerfs.

*I have a level 80 ele before anyone accuses me otherwise.

Are YOU serious right now? Of course it matters if claims are real or not. Referencing a video from months ago does not prove a thing about the current class. It only proves that there is NO ONE currently doing well on an elementalist in WvW.

You can continue to make all the crazy claims you want, but the reality is you can’t show a post nerf video of an ele doing well because the class was destroyed.

in Elementalist

ARM.3912

I don’t understand why people are still trying to convince ARM that he is incorrect. He is a very close minded individual. ARM makes up theories that best fit to whatever he believes is correct. Telling or showing him otherwise is pointless. Any decent player perfectly knows that individual player skills within combat is what makes a profession powerful and better than other players even if they have the same build/gears etc. Some players improve in pvp as they play more and more within this setting while others like ARM just get stuck at amateur lvl and never become better.

Says the guy who still hasnt shown a video. /Yawn

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Oh, oh, I know this one!

Because these forums are all about how poor Elementalists are in this game and there is very little content here relevant to new players (like myself, to the class anyway). This in turns makes the game more frustrating to people who are either not great with making builds or like to discuss them…and they get turned away from the class. Therefore, harming the playerbase and increasing the ratio of forum whiners to forum helpers.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

Either way, all the doom and gloom is just annoying to read all the time and ARM is one of the biggest whiners. It’s no wonder this forum is so dead. It has a horrible atmosphere. And I usually try to avoid posting in forums like this, but just the incessant kittening has annoyed me beyond belief. Ele’s need work yeah but they are not unplayable by any means.

Just be glad it isn’t F2P or there’d be another 100 people like him and for every one of them that realizes they’re wasting their time and everyone elses there’s always someone new just trying out the game to replace them lol…

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Mesiphidon.8324

Are YOU serious right now? Of course it matters if claims are real or not. Referencing a video from months ago does not prove a thing about the current class. It only proves that there is NO ONE currently doing well on an elementalist in WvW.

You can continue to make all the crazy claims you want, but the reality is you can’t show a post nerf video of an ele doing well because the class was destroyed.

It’s obvious you didn’t watch the video. He’s using a Fresh Air S/D build. Which means …hey it’s after the latest balance patch. It’s a couple weeks old. Read two. Try again.

Here I’ll even post a link for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGwIM2ZPW_Q

But I’m going to take Lightnings advice here and just ignore you. Clearly you have no interest in reality other then your own imagined one.

Kodiak.3281:

Just be glad it isn’t F2P or there’d be another 100 people like him and for every one of them that realizes they’re wasting their time and everyone elses there’s always someone new just trying out the game to replace them lol…

And I thank god for that. That’s half of why I stopped playing Neverwinter Online. Which is fun, but not a long term game.

Mainly I’d like to see the forums be a place of actual discussion, people helping others with builds and questions. Some more real discussion on things that could be done to actually improve the class. I’m aware forum talks and ideas are never likely to end up within the design changes. But actual thought out organized discussion is much better for them to read through and get a feel of the class from the players view. And good ideas may not be implemented directly but can serve as inspiration.

We might even have more dev interaction here if the incessant whining stopped and people tried to have real discussions. If I was a developer I’d avoid this forum like the plague too. It’s all Anet hate, and any time a Dev does post they get jumped on and berated by the community for their imagined slights.

(edited by Mesiphidon.8324)

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

So sad it is because I bet you the biggest elementalist complainers will tell you they love the class like its their own child. Which is probably true that they appeal to elementalist more then any other class. They want it to be perfect in their vision of the class and they want that vision achieved yesterday. While they strive to seek justice for their beloved class they derail many threads in the process repeating the same slogan they always sing. It’s ok war has to have casualties it’s them vs the devs!! Threads are the casualties.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kingkiller.9645

Kingkiller.9645

Non-ele players think that Anet hates us, but we’re actually one of the most OP professions in the game. Unless you’re a button-masher.

I’m not a hero. Heroes are not meant to survive, and I’ve lived far too long for that.

in Elementalist

ARM.3912

Non-ele players think that Anet hates us, but we’re actually one of the most OP professions in the game. Unless you’re a button-masher.

Spoken like someone who played in beta, and who has since been living in a cave on the moon with his eyes closed and his fingers in his ears.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Robyn Yew.6072

Robyn Yew.6072

*I don’t have a lvl 80 ele.
*I play WvW for 90 Percent of my time on guild wars
*I main Ranger

Ive had multiple experiences where DD eles in groups are still very viable. I main Ranger and go Mix of some toughness with alot of crit dmg and chance. I will try and try and try to focus them down but id say they are STILL one of the toughest classes to down/catch. Not like GOD mode before as a skilled 2-5 people will be able to lock them down and kill them but i have seen them escape noobs and myself still equally. The only other class to equal the escape power would be a run away warrior. Theifs and mesmers dont trick me that often as my raid fire tracks them so that is why im saying that. Stealth doesnt work if they are tracked. Boons and slowing enemies attacks works way better even if they know you are using it.

I think Eles do have a high skill cap, and I just don’t want to be bothered with switching attunments all the time and a well played ele (in my opinion with state of game) is already better than 80% (my estimate based on experience in WvW) of the Rangers, even if the Rangers are good themselves.

If eles didnt have that attunment swap i would have already gotten a lvl 80 ele as they offer alot to group play in wvw. From defending, sieging, and roaming in groups or zergs. I can say they do a hella lot more than Rangers can in any of those categories. And yes I have tried to come up with viable builds for Ranger, They dont match to what the ele can offer. MAYBE they can roam equally but thats it(doubt it).

}|{Rhbyn Yew}|{ Sylvari Ranger 80
born to Isle Of Janthir

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

*I don’t have a lvl 80 ele.
*I play WvW for 90 Percent of my time on guild wars
*I main Ranger

Ive had multiple experiences where DD eles in groups are still very viable

Not like GOD mode before as a skilled 2-5 people will be able to lock them down and kill them but i have seen them escape noobs and myself still equally.

And once again a player that read somehow ELE D/D was OP in pvp and automatically thougt the same was true for WWW.

And again i m here to answer for the 10.000 time that ele D/D never been considered anything more than average by any mean in WWW even by devs. (and they were generous because D/D ele has lot of issues in WWW most of wich is lacking versatility in range).

That invalidates alone your Whole post; also you can find vids of 1VSXXX in WWW for each professions…mostly due to the fact that www players have different skill/build for different purposes.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

I think Elementalists are wonderful and great.

Now if you excuse me I have stuff to do on my Warrior and Necro.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Lol deleted posts.

in Elementalist

ARM.3912

yes, elementalists are practically perfect in every way
also, ArenaNet cares about its customers and develops accordingly
furthermore, this is a fair and transparent forum

LOL. It is funny (in the ironic way, not the haha way) that in order to post truth on this forum you have to lace everything you say with sarcasm.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

What’s stopping you? I still roam and zerg in wvw with my ele and I do it way better than when I go with my mesmer, warrior and ranger.

You can’t say that!

This is a QQ forum. You switch to the QQ attunement here son!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

With S/D you can still hit players from range, with D/D you`re stuck at short range, hence D/D got hit most from that dumb nerf.

ftfy

Eles don’t melee. Melee range is 130, the shortest DD eles have is 240.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naab.4301

Naab.4301

You can’t say that!

This is a QQ forum. You switch to the QQ attunement here son!

BEST COMMENT EVER !

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

S/D builds have less mobility and swiftness than D/D builds overall. RTL was basically what made you able to roam and escape dangerous situations.

Well, now we have to use a 180sek CD for the same thing a warrior can do every few seconds. All the time.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer