So i tried to pvp with my Ele after patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

It was misery, maybe its me but these nerfs full super overwhelming in spvp, i mean i cannot kill anyone at all yes i’m a auramancer because i don’t wanna die in 3seconds because i got dazed for 2 seconds, tried to step out of it and my suriviability went down by atleast 90%.

I know how to play my class i have alot of games played, wings of accession etc i just don’t damage anymore. I tried use the new summons they are too slow they never hit targets you WAY TO squishy to use conjured weapons in pvp. Tried arcane shield with conjured weapons STILL WAY TO SQUISHY and can’t do damage. Tried getting rid of tempest and went arcane still way to squishy and i do no damage.

I just don’t think i can pvp anymore on my Ele i really tried i was up untill 3am last night trying to figure this kitten out and i got nowhere. Is it me does anyone have any advice experiences the wanna share because im out of idea’s.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The pve only nerfs? Spvp only got buffs out side of i guess air overload lost 3 hits. Every thing else was a buff for spvp.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Genesis.5169

The pve only nerfs? Spvp only got buffs out side of i guess air overload lost 3 hits. Every thing else was a buff for spvp.

Uh huh, like what?
Conjure weapons where never used in pvp.
Arcane was never used in spvp.
Elementals where never used in spvp.

The fire buffs which im not sure are buffs i honestly don’t know what they are condition was never used in pvp due to not enough damage vs survivability on a Elementalist to out last and have the condition damage kill a target.

So where are these so called buffs now?

Oh yea fire attunement is pretty bad in pvp, if u didn’t know now you know. Kinda just feels like buffed arcane so that weaver could be the best spec with out figuring out no Elementalist can go weaver in pvp unless they want to die in about 2 maybe 3 seconds if your good.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrAidenVoid.7416

MrAidenVoid.7416

About your last few statements Genesis.
Are you sure about that?
When have you started playing ele, i mean before HoT arcane was the most used spec and utils for pvp, we used to rely on arcane for survivability whilst we focused the rest on offensive traits and weapons, you probably are one of those auramancer bunker eles that cant play ele to its full potential, the buffs to arcane are amazing for s/f eles and soon will be helpfull with weaver, if u go tempest rely on being a bunker and not a dps dealer, dont expect to kill something when going bunker plz.

in Elementalist

Genesis.5169

About your last few statements Genesis.
Are you sure about that?
When have you started playing ele, i mean before HoT arcane was the most used spec and utils for pvp, we used to rely on arcane for survivability whilst we focused the rest on offensive traits and weapons, you probably are one of those auramancer bunker eles that cant play ele to its full potential, the buffs to arcane are amazing for s/f eles and soon will be helpfull with weaver, if u go tempest rely on being a bunker and not a dps dealer, dont expect to kill something when going bunker plz.

Yeah that was before HoT the key being before HoT they game is far more different now. I’d rather not argue with you on the merits on what a bunker is or not given that i run menders and not clerics..i think i get where you coming from but i don’t think you have pvp’d at all recently.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

“I cannot kill anyone with ele”

“I run mender’s”

I think you answered yourself.

Marauder’s if you want to kill people and learn to play fresh air

Tanbin

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

i did try fire/arcane/tempest with sage yesterday puting traited arcane on toolbar dropping all shouts except rebound . It realy hurts but it´s very selfish for a tempest …

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnMIClMg9MAOOAcYiFDALIAkJ7hFTyywXwt0uajtA-TJhAQBSsMQg2fQDnAAA8AAAA

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Uh huh, like what?
Conjure weapons where never used in pvp.
Arcane was never used in spvp.
Elementals where never used in spvp.

The fire buffs which im not sure are buffs i honestly don’t know what they are condition was never used in pvp due to not enough damage vs survivability on a Elementalist to out last and have the condition damage kill a target.

So where are these so called buffs now?

Oh yea fire attunement is pretty bad in pvp, if u didn’t know now you know. Kinda just feels like buffed arcane so that weaver could be the best spec with out figuring out no Elementalist can go weaver in pvp unless they want to die in about 2 maybe 3 seconds if your good.

Well get to testing then? Before they where weak and have many limitation on them now they all been buffed. I am sry that things changes over time and effects and skills that you use did not get buffed but others did.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Devilman.1532

Devilman.1532

I’m an auramancer and I cant kill people…… I think I just eye rolled so hard my eyes kitten near rolled right outta my head lol….

Sonny you do realize youre not there as an auramancer to do damage right? Guess not….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Even the Weaver in spvp won’t hit hard… the lack of different condis that can be use as cover and low damage doesn’t help. You can’t chain combos in a tight ring when you have no defense vs the cc, condi burst and boon corruptions. That dodge spam barrier could come in handy but no. CC = dead reaver and guess what most of the new class can out tank, cc and dps or condi you. But in wvw you will be alright in those 1v1 or yeah those 1v1 till you get close enough to be cc and x.x

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Why don’t you tell the big elephant in the room, the moment they removed the Celestial, they kitten ed the Ele sPVP to auramencer.

Non of the attack of the Ele, even Scepter/Dagger combination has direct damage of a lets Warrior, Thief (compare the damage of 100 blades to Firegrab 10K to 5K), because Ele damage was always combination direct damage and condition, we hit some for direct damage then burning, vice versa, ….after celestial removal they never added an amulet with power/prec/cond/vitality, I guess for this reason none of the melee specs of the ele will be valid….

I new they can’t make this stat combination 1050/560/1050/560 but 750/560/750/560 can make this stat combination valid…

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I don’t know. Everyone complained we couldn’t sustain and then they gave us a ton of ways to gain barrier. I personnally think if you went weaver,fire,earth you could do rather well

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

I don’t know. Everyone complained we couldn’t sustain and then they gave us a ton of ways to gain barrier. I personnally think if you went weaver,fire,earth you could do rather well

The problem is are we going to have enough condi cleans with that setup..

I guess we all accept that Diamond Skin is useless, we would only have fire trait that cleans 3 condition, focus 4 and weaver super speed clearing condition, which depends our ability to gain super speed, which can only occur either we are immobilized, crippled and chilled or we imply these conditions, would it be enough? we will see…

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

The problem is are we going to have enough condi cleans with that setup..

I guess we all accept that Diamond Skin is useless, we would only have fire trait that cleans 3 condition, focus 4 and weaver super speed clearing condition, which depends our ability to gain super speed, which can only occur either we are immobilized, crippled and chilled or we imply these conditions, would it be enough? we will see…

It will depend on how diamond skin functions with barrier. As far as I know, condis will have to get through barrier before they damage you. But if you put up a barrier above 75% health, will it still count as a hit and remove a condi? Any builds built with a barrier focus are most likely going to be vitality and healing power-based. The only stances worth using is the evade and barrier imo. I could see people building menders or sages and going those stances plus arcane shield. Sword/dagger has decent might-stacking potential if you go fire/arcane/weaver with might runes.

The superspeed traits will probably be used exclusively for FA builds. The potential for superspeed is ridiculous and to have it remove soft cc is huge. If you run focus I believe that earth 4 and 5 is enough. The only thing that would reasonably kill you is a huge condi bomb.

tl&dr

Weaver offers two-builds. Both builds can mitigate condition damage on you with out having to cleanse them. I think the expansion will see the end of the water requirement.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

“I cannot kill anyone with ele”

“I run mender’s”

I think you answered yourself.

Marauder’s if you want to kill people and learn to play fresh air

There is actually a mender’s FA scepter build that is extremely good at 1v1.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Well after the expansion is a no. The Mirage will overwhelm the Weaver on point, that dodge is op since you don’t move and you break stun and lose a condi on demand. The base skills apply so much condi it’s awesome.

Second Scourge is battle condi bunker with aoe, spike heals and barriers. Dont forget the boon corruption of nercos are still on almost every core skill.

Firebrand even more bunker with more condi aoe I assume it can really stall on points.

And the spellbreaker will rob boons and totally mess you up with ccs.

The only thing we haven’t seen yet is the damage of all sword offhand skills.

I hope they bring a game spikes or lots of new condi as cover. even better blocks, or evade combo attacks or launches.

We lack launches.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Second Scourge is battle condi bunker with aoe, spike heals and barriers. Dont forget the boon corruption of nercos are still on almost every core skill.

Scourge doesn’t have boon corrupts. Scourge has boon rips that apply torment on the boon rip.

So if scourge rips your stability, you won’t get feared.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube