So with Reaper...

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Can ele stop having weapon swap affected by chill?

If there is going to be so much chill, it will be very very annoying to deal with it as ele. It’s the only class that is punished by chill so much. For a class that needs to not stand in all aoe and facetank damage, it is important to be able to move. That’s bad enough, I would say. I understand it is not a classic weapon swap, but being locked into just 5 weapon skills is not good either. Having your weapon swap affected by chill and not be able to cleanse it because you’re currently in a different attunement could be a pretty big issue. I really hope they’ll do something about this or figure out a different way, so ele is not being punished the most by chill.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Hey here is a great idea, don’t get hit. You are not support to get hit, that is why it is slow.

Arena net isn’t or shouldn’t change the rules of the game just to suit you.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Hey here is a great idea, don’t get hit. You are not support to get hit, that is why it is slow.

Don’t get hit by the million attacks that cause chill? Ye, thanks for your input, I’ll still go a different way about this.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Suddenly most eles realize…that my suggestion to use stop drop and roll wasn’t that stupid as they thought and that the trait is much more powerful than people give credit to, With that trait you don’t have to worry in which attunement you are; then add*hoelbrak runes or melandru runes* + geomancer’s training that chill doesn’t scare you that much anymore, does it?

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Suddenly most eles realize…that my suggestion to use stop drop and roll wasn’t that stupid as they thought and that the trait is much more powerful than people give credit to, With that trait you don’t have to worry in which attunement you are; then add*hoelbrak runes or melandru runes* + geomancer’s training that chill doesn’t scare you that much anymore, does it?

Then you would have to give up soothing ice. It might be okay for a dd ele to go this way, but it’s just a digging a deeper grave for fresh air, because why would you go earth there?

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

I’d suggest people to try fresh air with earth but that’s personal choice I guess, still the reaper is a mele spec and as it has been explained it’ll have problems dealing with ranged/kiting enemies, still I don’t see the problem with fresh air using StR over soothing ice, the latter is a more general condi removal+aura possibly, but it doesn’t go always for the most devastating condition on ele which is chill, when you’re chilled, your options are quite limited that’s why I’ll swap between soothing ice and stop drop and roll as I see fit

People forget that now attunement Cd will be 10s base, I really see no reason to push arcana that badly

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

I’d suggest people to try fresh air with earth but that’s personal choice I guess, still the reaper is a mele spec and as it has been explained it’ll have problems dealing with ranged/kiting enemies, still I don’t see the problem with fresh air using StR over soothing ice, the latter is a more general condi removal+aura possibly, but it doesn’t go always for the most devastating condition on ele which is chill, when you’re chilled, your options are quite limited that’s why I’ll swap between soothing ice and stop drop and roll as I see fit

People forget that now attunement Cd will be 10s base, I really see no reason to push arcana that badly

That was generally speaking, not for fresh air. But Soothing Ice is actually one of the few buffed traits ele is getting and it should be unused? I still don’t like Stop, Drop and Roll and ele shouldn’t be forced to pick a trait just because of a flawed design. It’s not okay that there is only one class that gets affected by chill when it comes to weapon swap.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Don’t get hit by the million attacks that cause chill? Ye, thanks for your input, I’ll still go a different way about this.

Don’t worry about it, it is not like it will ever be done so arguing is worthless here.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The elementalist now needs a serious buff if it wants to go head to head with a Reaper. The classes are so unbalanced together now it’s ridiculous.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

The elementalist now needs a serious buff if it wants to go head to head with a Reaper. The classes are so unbalanced together now it’s ridiculous.

Nope…all Ele will have to do is spec down Water and take a nice little trait called ‘Stop Drop and Roll’. We’re good…like the song says, Don’t fear the Reaper

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Nope…all Ele will have to do is spec down Water and take a nice little trait called ‘Stop Drop and Roll’. We’re good…like the song says, Don’t fear the Reaper

Do you realize it has 10s cool down? Or did I miss something?

Dodging while you’re having burning will trigger the cool down. Then the necro can just stack chill on you. You’re gonna have near perma burning on you, so the chance that your dodge cool down is not consumed by some random burning before you get chilled is very low. Yes, you can say “oh don’t dodge until you get chilled”. Yah, that would be a good advice.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Dodging while you’re having burning will trigger the cool down. Then the necro can just stack chill on you. You’re gonna have near perma burning on you, so the chance that your dodge cool down is not consumed by some random burning before you get chilled is very low. Yes, you can say “oh don’t dodge until you get chilled”. Yah, that would be a good advice.

You’re worried about that….when you also have other condition removal options like the Grandmaster for Water “Cleansing Water” cleansing fire, ether renewal(if you go that path), and depending on what choice of off hand you go 3 from Earth Focus 4, or the single condi removal on off hand dagger 5? One trait is not supposed to nullify consistent application of chill completely, only to help combat it. So yes dodge what you can and pressure the necro in return.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

You’re worried about that….when you also have other condition removal options like the Grandmaster for Water “Cleansing Water” cleansing fire, ether renewal(if you go that path), and depending on what choice of off hand you go 3 from Earth Focus 4, or the single condi removal on off hand dagger 5? One trait is not supposed to nullify consistent application of chill completely, only to help combat it. So yes dodge what you can and pressure the necro in return.

So basically eles will be locked into arcana, water, cantrips…great, that’s what we all wanted.

Fresh air has one/two condi removals and will only have one with the expansion, how do you deal with that?

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Going into water is good and all but there is one issue with it. Anet wants to create build diversity by nerfing ele, at the same time implementing mechanics for other classes that further force ele into water. Go figure.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Alot of people already knew there would be chill at end of necro GS auto.

But 4 seconds is alot.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

The 4s chill will be reduced without doubt, people would reach 100% duration otherwise, too powerful to be left as it is..but in the end yeah prepare to be quick on that dodge button, loads of pressure will be necessary to push the reaper on the defensive

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Its not about ele abilities not being affected by chills, its about our weapon swaps not being affected, which is how it works for other classes, so its more about the rules of the game actually applying correctly.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

The 4s chill will be reduced without doubt, people would reach 100% duration otherwise, too powerful to be left as it is..but in the end yeah prepare to be quick on that dodge button, loads of pressure will be necessary to push the reaper on the defensive

I don’t think ele will be even able to face it in small fights, the chill is pretty deadly and it seems there will be lots instant procs that chill, too.

Also, it’s ridiculous if you combine it with Chill of Death if you trait chill for damage. It’ll be basically procs procs procs and more procs.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I don’t think ele will be even able to face it in small fights, the chill is pretty deadly and it seems there will be lots instant procs that chill, too.

Bruiser ele will get rekt by high chill uptime, this is true.

Burst ele won’t have any problem, but scepter isn’t exactly great as you know.

Also, it’s ridiculous if you combine it with Chill of Death if you trait chill for damage. It’ll be basically procs procs procs and more procs.

Welcome to the future of GW2

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

ITT: Fearing the Reaper.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

Bruiser build will have -53% chill/cripple/immobilize duration, then add double condi removal every10s or chill removed on dodge every 10s, then add cantrip condi removal.

It won’t be an easy fight, but far far from impossible I believe, bruiser ele will also be able to use stone heart to negate chill on crit traits

To finish, after the change a bruiser ele will trait for 6 arcana I believe, that’s 8s CD on attunement, a chill application ( 66%) will bring the CD of attunement on 13s CD(base attunement now with no points in arcana), nothing as devastating as current chill where the CD of attunement CD goes up to 18s.

We’re giving too much credit to reaper, it hits hard…but it’s slow like GS ranger, luckily they can’t dush/rush like warrior GS

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Bruiser build will have -53% chill/cripple/immobilize duration, then add double condi removal every10s or chill removed on dodge every 10s, then add cantrip condi removal.

It won’t be an easy fight, but far far from impossible I believe, bruiser ele will also be able to use stone heart to negate chill on crit traits

To finish, after the change a bruiser ele will trait for 6 arcana I believe, that’s 8s CD on attunement, a chill application ( 66%) will bring the CD of attunement on 13s CD(base attunement now with no points in arcana), nothing as devastating as current chill where the CD of attunement CD goes up to 18s.

We’re giving too much credit to reaper, it hits hard…but it’s slow like GS ranger, luckily they can’t dush/rush like warrior GS

Well said. It isn’t insurmountable, like some people believe some of these changes are. Instead of adapting and using what’s already available to them (Nevermind all the changes still unannounced), they’d rather make a whine thread because their specific build with hand picked traits may no longer be as effective.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

That’s great but if you take Geomancer’s training instead of Rock Solid, there is seriously no reason to take d/d ele instead of shoutbow. It has to trait more and more for survability and losing so much team support, you might as way take something else. With the loss of Evasive Arcana, the issues are even stronger.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

That’s great but if you take Geomancer’s training instead of Rock Solid, there is seriously no reason to take d/d ele instead of shoutbow. It has to trait more and more for survability and losing so much team support, you might as way take something else. With the loss of Evasive Arcana, the issues are even stronger.

If you’re facing a team with 2-3 reapers, there is no reason no to take Geomancer’s Training, but against a single reaper there is really no need to do that, you can just rely on team support and avoid hard to win fights, just rotate, you’re not supposed to wine every fight.

The current shoutbow will suffer against reapers, so much chill that their warhorn skills won’t be enough after a while and they won’t be able to outsustain the inc dmg forever

http://dulfy.net/2015/05/15/gw2-reaper-necromancer-elite-specialization-livestream-notes/

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

If you’re facing a team with 2-3 reapers, there is no reason no to take Geomancer’s Training, but against a single reaper there is really no need to do that, you can just rely on team support and avoid hard to win fights, just rotate, you’re not supposed to wine every fight.

The current shoutbow will suffer against reapers, so much chill that their warhorn skills won’t be enough after a while and they won’t be able to outsustain the inc dmg forever

http://dulfy.net/2015/05/15/gw2-reaper-necromancer-elite-specialization-livestream-notes/

Shoutbow will still have less issues than d/d ele. So yeah, this might be another reason why you wouldn’t take ele on your team. The loss of team support was bad enough, chill everywhere and million procs is a bit too much, I would say.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

I don’t think I’ve ever been chilled long enough in a controlled environment to test it, but the wiki mentions chill reducing the recharge rate of skills by 66%, not increasing their cooldown by 66% like the tooltip states.

This means that something would take three times as long to recharge, when chilled for the entire duration.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

What I don’t understand is why people so hell bent on keeping an ele on a point soaking dmg, the weapon set itself shows no indication of being a point holder build.

Ele not supposed to be the main support with D/D, the build supposed to be a duellist build with some spare team support and we should keep it as it is, people must stop pushing this “support” down its throat.

Support is supposed to come from skills mainly not from traits, this should be something people have to realize already, our main support weapon is staff not d/d.

Major support options on d/d can be a double edged sword because you give devs a reason to nerf the duellist part of the weapon set, people go d/d and not staff because of the lack of strong duellist options for the latter, making the weapon set a liability for the team if not prepared.

You people must understand that the community will never accept a build that is strong both in duels and support, they will keep asking for nerfs…and the devs will only oblige, trust me.

The current d/d may fall out of meta in conquest but…other game mode options are coming where d/d may prove to be useful again, the spec is still fun to use in wvw.

If the duellist part of the ele get nerfed further…then really bb guys.

What this class needs is ; DAMAGE , that is applied without impossible to overcome risks

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

I don’t think I’ve ever been chilled long enough in a controlled environment to test it, but the wiki mentions chill reducing the recharge rate of skills by 66%, not increasing their cooldown by 66% like the tooltip states.

This means that something would take three times as long to recharge, when chilled for the entire duration.

Yes, you’re right about that. So for 3 seconds of chill, your cooldowns will be decreased by 1 second.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

What I don’t understand is why people so hell bent on keeping an ele on a point soaking dmg, the weapon set itself shows no indication of being a point holder build.

Ele not supposed to be the main support with D/D, the build supposed to be a duellist build with some spare team support and we should keep it as it is, people must stop pushing this “support” down its throat.

Support is supposed to come from skills mainly not from traits, this should be something people have to realize already, our main support weapon is staff not d/d.

Major support options on d/d can be a double edged sword because you give devs a reason to nerf the duellist part of the weapon set, people go d/d and not staff because of the lack of strong duellist options for the latter, making the weapon set a liability for the team if not prepared.

You people must understand that the community will never accept a build that is strong both in duels and support, they will keep asking for nerfs…and the devs will only oblige, trust me.

The current d/d may fall out of meta in conquest but…other game mode options are coming where d/d may prove to be useful again, the spec is still fun to use in wvw.

What this class needs is ; DAMAGE , that is applied without impossible to overcome risks

I’m gonna say this once again. You have some idea in your head that all these things are viable and how they should be because of some logic. That’s not how it works at all. At the moment d/d ele is the only spec that is viable in high tier pvp, while staff is left behind. While it might have a bit more support, overall the spec is worse, that’s why d/d ele is picked up by most elementalists.

There is no ‘’d/d should be this and that’‘. It works this way, because currently it’s the best way to use it like this.

It’s a team game, that’s why people pick that classes that have utilities to support allies. In this current meta if you want to run a bruiser, you have be both:

1. Capable of supporting allies
2. Capable of taking 1v1’s

This is the reason why staff ele, cleric ele, support guard etc. are not in the meta. While the support of the bruisers currently in meta might be lower, they make it up by the fact they can also deal some damage unlike those true bunkers. That has nothing to do with elementalist, it’s just how pvp is at the moment. While this meta will still go on and d/d will no longer be viable due to loss of support, it will be replaced. And it won’t be replaced by any of the true bunkers, because again those are not capable of those two things shoutbow is. It’s simple as that.

The fact d/d ele will fall out of meta doesn’t mean there will be something else viable. If you think that when people stop playing d/d ele and just replace them by staff, you are really naive. Staff is just a worse option for ele, that’s why very little people play it.

No one wants or needs bunkers that are not able to support allies or bunkers that are able to support allies but not deal damage and that’s what’s happening to d/d ele.

And for the damage part. If tempest is not insanely good, then fresh air will remain being a medicore build that won’t be used in any serious pvp. It’s still going to be worse than thief and mesmer. And no having tiny bit of support won’t help that because you have to take some support characters, who are also able to hold points, which fresh air isn’t. You want utilities like stealth, portal, moa, interrupts and boon hate, because the rest is dealt with by bruisers.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

Yes, you’re right about that. So for 3 seconds of chill, your cooldowns will be decreased by 1 second.

That would be a boon then.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

I’m gonna say this once again. You have some idea in your head that all these things are viable and how they should be because of some logic. That’s not how it works at all. At the moment d/d ele is the only spec that is viable in high tier pvp, while staff is left behind. While it might have a bit more support, overall the spec is worse, that’s why d/d ele is picked up by most elementalists.

There is no ‘’d/d should be this and that’‘. It works this way, because currently it’s the best way to use it like this.

It’s a team game, that’s why people pick that classes that have utilities to support allies. In this current meta if you want to run a bruiser, you have be both:

This is the reason why staff ele, cleric ele, support guard etc. are not in the meta. While the support of the bruisers currently in meta might be lower, they make it up by the fact they can also deal some damage unlike those true bunkers. That has nothing to do with elementalist, it’s just how pvp is at the moment. While this meta will still go on and d/d will no longer be viable due to loss of support, it will be replaced. And it won’t be replaced by any of the true bunkers, because again those are not capable of those two things shoutbow is. It’s simple as that.

The fact d/d ele will fall out of meta doesn’t mean there will be something else viable. If you think that when people stop playing d/d ele and just replace them by staff, you are really naive. Staff is just a worse option for ele, that’s why very little people play it.

No one wants or needs bunkers that are not able to support allies or bunkers that are able to support allies but not deal damage and that’s what’s happening to d/d ele.

And for the damage part. If tempest is not insanely good, then fresh air will remain being a medicore build that won’t be used in any serious pvp. It’s still going to be worse than thief and mesmer. And no having tiny bit of support won’t help that because you have to take some support characters, who are also able to hold points, which fresh air isn’t. You want utilities like stealth, portal, moa, interrupts and boon hate, because the rest is dealt with by bruisers.

People pick d/d over staff because of the 1vs1 capabilities, those dueling capabilities would get decreased further if the support options would remain as strong as now.

Soon d/d will be a strong 1vs1 with low support and staff will be a strong support but poor 1vs1, but you still think that the community would allow a strong 1vs1 build with strong support…and you call me naive, kk.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

No, it would not. For 3 seconds without chill, your cooldowns shoul be decreased by three seconds. However, if you have chill for 3 seconds, your cooldowns will be decreased by 1 second. How is that a boon?

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

People pick d/d over staff because of the 1vs1 capabilities, those dueling capabilities would get decreased further if the support options would remain as strong as now.

Soon d/d will be a strong 1vs1 with low support and staff will be a strong support but poor 1vs1, but you still think that the community would allow a strong 1vs1 build with strong support…and you call me naive, kk.

And that’s exactly what I said. Staff is not capable of doing both of the things d/d ele and shoutbow is. Dude, shoutbow can take 1v1’s AND support, which is better than the d/d ele one. So yeah, it has been allowed. Unless you want both of these specs out of meta and be replaced by cleric eles and guards, because that was so much fun.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

And that’s exactly what I said. Staff is not capable of doing both of the things d/d ele and shoutbow is. Dude, shoutbow can take 1v1’s AND support, which is better than the d/d ele one. So yeah, it has been allowed. Unless you want both of these specs out of meta and be replaced by cleric eles and guards, because that was so much fun.

Question is…why don’t you play shoutbow at this point? It’d be faster than asking for ele to become shoutbow 2.0

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

No, it would not. For 3 seconds without chill, your cooldowns shoul be decreased by three seconds. However, if you have chill for 3 seconds, your cooldowns will be decreased by 1 second. How is that a boon?

Kk guess I’ve got the wording wrong

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Question is…why don’t you play shoutbow at this point? It’d be faster than asking for ele to become shoutbow 2.0

No one is asking for ele to become shoutbow 2.0. You really do not understand the class at all, this is pretty sad.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The new might on cantrip with reg/vigo on cantrip and removing condition on reg ele should never have a condition on them longer then 1/2 of a sec lol. 60660 d/d ele or even staff ele should be mostly unstoppable by any type of chill.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

The new might on cantrip with reg/vigo on cantrip and removing condition on reg ele should never have a condition on them longer then 1/2 of a sec lol. 60660 d/d ele or even staff ele should be mostly unstoppable by any type of chill.

If you go 60660, then you have one condition cleanse on each utility, which are on pretty high cooldown and water 5. Also you might take soothing ice, but thats random and you don’t know what it’s going to remove. It’s really not more cleanse than what ele has now.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

With Condi Guardian and now Reaper, I’m scared that Tempest won’t be enough to survive these encounters.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

If you go 60660, then you have one condition cleanse on each utility, which are on pretty high cooldown and water 5. Also you might take soothing ice, but thats random and you don’t know what it’s going to remove. It’s really not more cleanse than what ele has now.

You have 4 to 5 base line if they add in the cantrip heal / elite that 2 more and if you count the fire one beyond its passive effect that 3 more. The reg on crit is 1 too. So you will have about 7 ish in a 30 sec window maybe more.

The build i have in mind in a 60 sec window you should be able to remove 16? conditions. On-top of being able to hard counter conditions with dimona skin (so for the first soft cc or dmg condition with the ability to build up to be immune at other points in a fight).

(edited by Jski.6180)

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

You have 4 to 5 base line if they add in the cantrip heal / elite that 2 more and if you count the fire one beyond its passive effect that 3 more. The reg on crit is 1 too. So you will have about 7 ish in a 30 sec window maybe more.

Okay, what?
4 to 5 baseline? Since when?
You seriously cannot count elite when no one uses elemental.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

I hate it when people say ele has 8s attunement. That’s hyperbole, and not good for the class. It’s 8.7s, and even longer if you actually play the game.

Since you can’t swap out of an attunement as soon as you enter it, the overall cooldown is more. You have to wait at least 1s between attunement because we have a 1s cool down when ypu swap into an attunement too! Go from air to water, wait 1s, then water to earth, wait another 1s. Because of that, even if you try to swap all the attunements as fast as possible, it takes you at least 11.7s, or 12s accounting for human error (people can’t press as fast as that). If we want to talk about ele swap time, use the 12s figure, not 8s. That’s disingenuous, and actively harm the class.

Furthermore, if you rotate so that you can use burning speed once per fire attunement, then it’s a 15s rotation. Faster attunement cd just means more flexibility. If you want to switch attunement as soon as possible, then you have to skip burning speed/fire 4 at every other fire attunement. Since you will have to spend at least 1s in earth and 1s in water, and 1s in air, the overall combo will be one burning speed every 26s. That applies to a host of other skills too, like water 3. The trade off will be: more attunement, lower damage, or time the attunement to get more skills activation, less attunement swap per minute.

Conclusion: Saying ele has a 8s swap time is very misleading. Be fair and say that it has a minimum 12s (or if you really want, 11.7s) swap time for a rotation.

P.S: with chill, that will be a 20s attunement time. To save you a calculation. Also, that requires 6 points in Arcana.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

(edited by Sunshine.5014)

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Okay, what?

Its 4 if you use 3 cantrip in your bar and use the passive cantrip from 4 in fire then its 3 more from that passive. You can get one more from passive EoA this is where the 4-5 base line comes from at least from cantrips. The added note is that they may be making a heal a cantrip and an eliet. Then you get the get reg every time your crit on a 10 sec cd for another condition removal. Just going 6 in water is a very powerful anty condition line Fire line give you one “ok” removal and Earth give you one “bad” removal if you go that way and one “good” temp. hard counter.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Okay, what?

Its 4 if you use 3 cantrip in your bar and use the passive cantrip from 4 in fire then its 3 more from that passive. You can get one more from passive EoA this is where the 4-5 base line comes from at least from cantrips. The added note is that they may be making a heal a cantrip and an eliet. Then you get the get reg every time your crit on a 10 sec cd for another condition removal. Just going 6 in water is a very powerful anty condition line Fire line give you one “ok” removal and Earth give you one “bad” removal if you go that way and one “good” temp. hard counter.

Oh, you don’t know what a baseline is, that explains it.

Let’s count together, what ele will have when going 60660:

1. Burning Fire, which cleanses 3 conditions, will be probably on 40 (?) cd and is passive, might be wasted on one stack of bleeding, cripple..etc. Also, it’s bugged and does not count as a cantrip.
2. One condition removal on 60 sec. (Armour of earth)
3. Two on 32 second cooldown (LF and Cleansing Fire)
4. One on 10 sec cd (Soothing Ice)

What ele has now:
1. One for attuning to water 9 sec cd (Elemental Attunement)
2. One condition removal on 75 sec. (Armour of earth)
3. Two on 40 second cooldown (LF and Cleansing Fire)
5. One for dodging in Water 9 sec cd (Evasive Arcana)

So yeah, your new awesome cleanse build has less removal than the current d/d ele.

(edited by Laraley.7695)

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Utopia#Professions

so mesmer received the chrono maybe eles will receive the summoner, no worry you will have pets that apply condis for u while u focus on target ;P

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

If taking stop drop and roll makes you win more fights than soothing ice, then it’s not a worse trait. Just switch it out if you see a reaper, they aren’t exactly going to be teleporting around a bunch :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Okay, what?

1. Burning Fire, which cleanses 3 conditions, will be probably on 40 (?) cd and is passive, might be wasted on one stack of bleeding, cripple..etc. Also, it’s bugged and does not count as a cantrip.

What ele has now:

So yeah, your new awesome cleanse build has less removal than the current d/d ele.

The cd for all cantrips will be -20% becuse of them combining reg/vigor on cantrip and -20% so your numbers are a bit off. Also 4 in earth gives you -33% movement effects.
Are you talking about befor the update or after the update becuse you cant have both dodging in water and swamping to water to removing conditions so its one or the other.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Okay, what?

What ele has now:

The cd for all cantrips will be -20% becuse of them combining reg/vigor on cantrip and -20% so your numbers are a bit off. Also 4 in earth gives you -33% movement effects.
Are you talking about befor the update or after the update becuse you cant have both dodging in water and swamping to water to removing conditions so its one or the other.

Yeah, that’s included there. Notice the difference in cooldowns, but they’re still pretty high and I’m talking now, hence why there is ‘’what ele has now’‘. I already said why Geomancer’s training is not great.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Supreme.3164

Okay, what?

What ele has now:

Yeah, that’s included there. Notice the difference in cooldowns, but they’re still pretty high and I’m talking now, hence why there is ‘’what ele has now’‘. I already said why Geomancer’s training is not great.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ether_Renewal use this ..or you may want to learn staff …the more you know.

http://www.buttcoinfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Cool-Guy-With-Glasses-Got-Swag.gif

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Okay, what?

What ele has now:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ether_Renewal use this ..or you may want to learn staff …the more you know.

http://www.buttcoinfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Cool-Guy-With-Glasses-Got-Swag.gif

Yes, I’ll use the heal that will get interrupted each time I try to cast it…