So with Reaper...

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

If taking stop drop and roll makes you win more fights than soothing ice, then it’s not a worse trait. Just switch it out if you see a reaper, they aren’t exactly going to be teleporting around a bunch :p

But OP wants to be able to do everything without having to pick an “inferior” trait, even if it is relevant against the enemy.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Well… we already have to go on full cd when swapping out of combat…

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Ether Renewal… it’s called covering your heal. Something skilled players do.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Ether Renewal… it’s called covering your heal. Something skilled players do.

It’s called Trickery thief (see: every thief), which now hard-counters you. No matter what you do, his port will ignore LOS, stability, range, etc. to interrupt your heal, leaving you vulnerable and ripe for the picking. If your role in pvp is a point-holder, you need to be able to 1v1 a thief so that you can protect your home-node. Otherwise, your team automatically loses just by the enemy sending thief to 1v1 you, and has an advantage in both head-to-head fights and mobility.

Not only is ether renewal bad b/c of how easy it is to interrupt, but also b/c it completely relents pressure on your opponent, allowing them to go HAM on the offensive (or heal themselves to reload another burst), which is DEATH to a tanky build that is forced into the war of attrition.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

I’m inclined to agree with OP. Considering – all our weapon skills are “balanced” around us having many of them, so their cooldowns are twice as long as they should be and half as effective for a lot of other skills. Chill affects us much harder than classes like warrior.

I wont even mention that thief are effectivelly immune to the chillomancer due to how more than half their skills work.

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

The elementalist now needs a serious buff if it wants to go head to head with a Reaper. The classes are so unbalanced together now it’s ridiculous.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_Utopia#Professions

so mesmer received the chrono maybe eles will receive the summoner, no worry you will have pets that apply condis for u while u focus on target ;P

“…with a range of weapons, including maces, dual-wielded spears, javelins, halberds, dual-handed swords and dual-wielded axes. "

Btw if it would be Aztec theme it suits well to jungle and some lore stuff so we would summon something like parrots, flying snakes with feathers or dinos:) Waiting for tempest aka summoner.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I always wondered why fire aura wouldn’t provide any immunity to chill and frost aura immunity to burning… that would make sense, make aura builds more appealling, and wouldnt be so op.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

I always wondered why fire aura wouldn’t provide any immunity to chill and frost aura immunity to burning… that would make sense, make aura builds more appealling, and wouldnt be so op.

It suits and we would like it.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I plan on using melandru or hoelbrak + the -40% condi food + the new earth trait -33%. Can get up to -97% chill duration. RIP reapers.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I’m gonna say this once again. You have some idea in your head that all these things are viable and how they should be because of some logic. That’s not how it works at all. At the moment d/d ele is the only spec that is viable in high tier pvp, while staff is left behind. While it might have a bit more support, overall the spec is worse, that’s why d/d ele is picked up by most elementalists.

I have to disagree with you on this in that staff is really close to dd in terms of effectiveness and is used frequently in the esl weeklies. Staff has better team healing/cleansing, is even harder to kill, has at least some decap potential and is just a better group fighter, at the downside is it loses burst mobility focused damage, and can only really stalemate 1v1 (but is even more unkillable in that situation). The issue is that both weapons use 0/0/2/6/6 with just two minor traits switched. This is where ele is pigeon holed at the moment, not with the weapon but with the traits.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I’m gonna say this once again. You have some idea in your head that all these things are viable and how they should be because of some logic. That’s not how it works at all. At the moment d/d ele is the only spec that is viable in high tier pvp, while staff is left behind. While it might have a bit more support, overall the spec is worse, that’s why d/d ele is picked up by most elementalists.

I have to disagree with you on this in that staff is really close to dd in terms of effectiveness and is used frequently in the esl weeklies. Staff has better team healing/cleansing, is even harder to kill, has at least some decap potential and is just a better group fighter, at the downside is it loses burst mobility focused damage, and can only really stalemate 1v1 (but is even more unkillable in that situation). The issue is that both weapons use 0/0/2/6/6 with just two minor traits switched. This is where ele is pigeon holed at the moment, not with the weapon but with the traits.

I can add that staff can have some disengage capability, with burning retreat used backward in front direction, static field and unsteady ground

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I wouldn’t say it’s used frequently. What I’ve seen most eles are d/d. I agree with you that staff has better healing and cleansing, but staff eles have issues with the healing skill. You either take ER and get interrupted lots if a thief/mesmer/necro is around or you take signet and have less heals due to longer cast times. I find the major problem with staff eles that they lack the ability to take 1v1’s unlike d/d ele. You probably won’t get killed, but you’re not going to kill many people either.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The new might on cantrip with reg/vigo on cantrip and removing condition on reg ele should never have a condition on them longer then 1/2 of a sec lol. 60660 d/d ele or even staff ele should be mostly unstoppable by any type of chill.

If you go 60660, then you have one condition cleanse on each utility, which are on pretty high cooldown and water 5. Also you might take soothing ice, but thats random and you don’t know what it’s going to remove. It’s really not more cleanse than what ele has now.

You have 4 to 5 base line if they add in the cantrip heal / elite that 2 more and if you count the fire one beyond its passive effect that 3 more. The reg on crit is 1 too. So you will have about 7 ish in a 30 sec window maybe more.

Okay, what?
4 to 5 baseline? Since when?
You seriously cannot count elite when no one uses elemental.

Its 4 if you use 3 cantrip in your bar and use the passive cantrip from 4 in fire then its 3 more from that passive. You can get one more from passive EoA this is where the 4-5 base line comes from at least from cantrips. The added note is that they may be making a heal a cantrip and an eliet. Then you get the get reg every time your crit on a 10 sec cd for another condition removal. Just going 6 in water is a very powerful anty condition line Fire line give you one “ok” removal and Earth give you one “bad” removal if you go that way and one “good” temp. hard counter.

Oh, you don’t know what a baseline is, that explains it.

Let’s count together, what ele will have when going 60660:

1. Burning Fire, which cleanses 3 conditions, will be probably on 40 (?) cd and is passive, might be wasted on one stack of bleeding, cripple..etc. Also, it’s bugged and does not count as a cantrip.
2. One condition removal on 60 sec. (Armour of earth)
3. Two on 32 second cooldown (LF and Cleansing Fire)
4. One on 10 sec cd (Soothing Ice)

What ele has now:
1. One for attuning to water 9 sec cd (Elemental Attunement)
2. One condition removal on 75 sec. (Armour of earth)
3. Two on 40 second cooldown (LF and Cleansing Fire)
5. One for dodging in Water 9 sec cd (Evasive Arcana)

So yeah, your new awesome cleanse build has less removal than the current d/d ele.

The cd for all cantrips will be -20% becuse of them combining reg/vigor on cantrip and -20% so your numbers are a bit off. Also 4 in earth gives you -33% movement effects.
Are you talking about befor the update or after the update becuse you cant have both dodging in water and swamping to water to removing conditions so its one or the other.

Yeah, that’s included there. Notice the difference in cooldowns, but they’re still pretty high and I’m talking now, hence why there is ‘’what ele has now’‘. I already said why Geomancer’s training is not great.

Well if your going off of what ele has now you cant have -20% cdr to cantrips and reg on crit hit. The cdr is far better then just 1 reg every 10 sec most of the time. Also your only working with 14 points now but you get 18 points (well 9 that works out to the old 18) after the update changing things. Mostly that you can get an cantrip burning fire and still go all the way in water and earth / ar if you wanted.

So there are 3 lines with condition removal fire water and ar. Water is the best removal ele has the earth line has a soft anty cc and hard anty cc but not removal. Its a question of what do you like more removal or immunity. They both have limitations but they both will also hit some conditions at some level.

After the update my money is on d/d 6 fire 0 air 6 earth 6 water 0 ar for an over all good dps ele who can get into a fight and stay there. On-top of being able to give good fury (with out auras) do good power dmg or condition dmg them self or the mix base off of gear builds. You may not know it but running in wvw with dimona skin keeps you out of combat a lot you can run though burning fields from morders and poison clouds from trebs and never get put in combat.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

The new might on cantrip with reg/vigo on cantrip and removing condition on reg ele should never have a condition on them longer then 1/2 of a sec lol. 60660 d/d ele or even staff ele should be mostly unstoppable by any type of chill.

If you go 60660, then you have one condition cleanse on each utility, which are on pretty high cooldown and water 5. Also you might take soothing ice, but thats random and you don’t know what it’s going to remove. It’s really not more cleanse than what ele has now.

You have 4 to 5 base line if they add in the cantrip heal / elite that 2 more and if you count the fire one beyond its passive effect that 3 more. The reg on crit is 1 too. So you will have about 7 ish in a 30 sec window maybe more.

Okay, what?

Its 4 if you use 3 cantrip in your bar and use the passive cantrip from 4 in fire then its 3 more from that passive. You can get one more from passive EoA this is where the 4-5 base line comes from at least from cantrips. The added note is that they may be making a heal a cantrip and an eliet. Then you get the get reg every time your crit on a 10 sec cd for another condition removal. Just going 6 in water is a very powerful anty condition line Fire line give you one “ok” removal and Earth give you one “bad” removal if you go that way and one “good” temp. hard counter.

1. Burning Fire, which cleanses 3 conditions, will be probably on 40 (?) cd and is passive, might be wasted on one stack of bleeding, cripple..etc. Also, it’s bugged and does not count as a cantrip.

What ele has now:

So yeah, your new awesome cleanse build has less removal than the current d/d ele.

The cd for all cantrips will be -20% becuse of them combining reg/vigor on cantrip and -20% so your numbers are a bit off. Also 4 in earth gives you -33% movement effects.
Are you talking about befor the update or after the update becuse you cant have both dodging in water and swamping to water to removing conditions so its one or the other.

Yeah, that’s included there. Notice the difference in cooldowns, but they’re still pretty high and I’m talking now, hence why there is ‘’what ele has now’‘. I already said why Geomancer’s training is not great.

Well if your going off of what ele has now you cant have -20% cdr to cantrips and reg on crit hit. The cdr is far better then just 1 reg every 10 sec most of the time. Also your only working with 14 points now but you get 18 points (well 9 that works out to the old 18) after the update changing things. Mostly that you can get an cantrip burning fire and still go all the way in water and earth / ar if you wanted.

Please, read the post again and notice I included the cooldown reduction in the future spec and didn’t do it in the current spec. I was working with 18 points, not 14.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Okay, what?

What ele has now:

Please, read the post again and notice I included the cooldown reduction in the future spec and didn’t do it in the current spec. I was working with 18 points, not 14.

So wait your using current effects but with the points of what to come? You cant do that becuse your making things up at that point. See your making things WAY more confusing then you need to. If we are talking about Reaper we are talking about future spec ONLY to talk about current spec at all is to waist time.

OR is this just a hidden rages agen the ar changes? becuse you realty should be upfront about it if it was. Your going to just confuse your views and no one will have any ideal what you believe.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Okay, what?

What ele has now:

So wait your using current effects but with the points of what to come? You cant do that becuse your making things up at that point. See your making things WAY more confusing then you need to. If we are talking about Reaper we are talking about future spec ONLY to talk about current spec at all is to waist time.

OR is this just a hidden rages agen the ar changes? becuse you realty should be upfront about it if it was. Your going to just confuse your views and no one will have any ideal what you believe.

Sigh, okay let’s try this differently.

For current spec I used:
Not reduced cd’s for cantrips
14 points

For future spec I used:
Reduced cd’s for cantrips
18 points

I wasn’t making this up, nor making anything confusing but you should really read the post again. I was comparing the spec you suggested and current meta d/d ele spec and proved why your spec does not have more condition cleanse than current d/d ele.

So with Reaper...

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Sigh, okay let’s try this differently.

For current spec I used:
Not reduced cd’s for cantrips
14 points

For future spec I used:
Reduced cd’s for cantrips
18 points

I wasn’t making this up, nor making anything confusing but you should really read the post again. I was comparing the spec you suggested and current meta d/d ele spec and proved why your spec does not have more condition cleanse than current d/d ele.

What ele has now:

[/quote]
Is what i was going off of my “new” build was bast off the 18 points not the older 14 points. I was talking about how you where comparing an new ideal and build to an old build that will become out dated once reaper is out.