Soldiers or Clerics?

Soldiers or Clerics?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Hey guys

I want to run an elementalist with Aether renewal 0/0/20/20/30 (though its sad that I don’t have 25 in water) with stability in earth magic to make sure I get Aether renewals full heal/condi remove (in PvE/WvW)

Now theres only one question:
Should I use clerics or soldiers? Or a mix (what mix exactly?)
Because soldiers has power mainstat, but the healing power from clerics would be nice too…

Tarkan

btw @ arenanet: pls a power (toughness/healing power) stat sometime soon?

PvP, Teef & Engi

Soldiers or Clerics?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Whenever I played Bunker Elementalist in PvP for my team, I ALWAYS used Clerics. I use Clerics in certain Fractals as well.

Remember, your Healing Power not only effects you, but also your team.
Vitality only effects you.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

Soldiers or Clerics?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

For PvP and roaming in WvW I can see Clerics being very useful but other than that I would never use it. For zerging I use Celestial or Berserker’s and for PvE (including FotM 40+) only Berserker’s. Healing Power for zerging/PvE is not a good choice imo.

Soldiers or Clerics?

in Elementalist

Tarkan.5609

ok thx, gonna try a mix between different stats

PvP, Teef & Engi

Soldiers or Clerics?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

I never really found stacking Vitality on gear all that attractive as an Ele. At the bare minimum, have as much vitality to make you feel comfortable. I’m personally fine sitting at 15-16k simply from traiting deep into Water.

Healing Power is fantastic if you can really juggle your heals well. EA in Water and Water Ripple will heal a significant % and the passives from regen and the signet heal layer themselves quite nicely.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

Soldiers or Clerics?

in Elementalist

Tarkan.5609

yeah I’ll probably go for a mix between berserkers and clerics – although after the dec 10th I won’t have perma vigor anymore
but then I’ll go for 0/15/0/25/30 and with healing signet (just love that passive)

PvP, Teef & Engi

Soldiers or Clerics?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

yeah I’ll probably go for a mix between berserkers and clerics – although after the dec 10th I won’t have perma vigor anymore
but then I’ll go for 0/15/0/25/30 and with healing signet (just love that passive)

Renewing Stamina will remain adept after the dec 10 patch.
You will still have Perma Vigor.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

Soldiers or Clerics?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atomik.4590

Atomik.4590

May I ask where you got that information? I only read the original thread that stated the intended original changes – has ArenaNet made some further modifications based on player feedback since then?

Soldiers or Clerics?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Soldiers or Clerics?

in Elementalist

Tarkan.5609

yeah but the problem is that I have to choose either perma vigor or elemental attunement – elemental attunement is pretty bad as a master trait but I just love it and I have around 75% boon duration (could be 80%) and I just like having that protection or swiftness
and as I go for boon duration I’ll also go for sigil of battle and therefore have permanently at least 8-12 might stacks but I can’t go for energy sigil at the same time unfortunately

PvP, Teef & Engi