Solo farming setup/build

Solo farming setup/build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Apollo.6573

Apollo.6573

Hello all. I’m wondering what’s a good setup/build optimised for solo farming for mats in open world PVE, like in Orr, Southsun, etc.

- Traits
- Utilities
- Weapons and sigils

Thanks

Solo farming setup/build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

Farm underwater with a trident or get a good D/D build….Ele’s with Scepter anything or Staff, while having some alright AOE’s, cast far to slow and typically can’t tag more than one or two enemies typically, while D/D has plenty of rapid firing AOE/Cone attacks.

As far as builds and such go…well it depends, if you are solo farming you probably want to bring some decent survival gear with some power on it, like Knight’s, or Valkyrie, something in that general area with some toughness on it. If you want some extra survivability bring some cantrips and be traited into water to give your cantrips crazy good buffs. If you want more damage use the Arcane utilities, they always crit and do pretty good damage with enough power, Arcane Wave being a lovely AOE with instant cast (even if you are knocked down or casting another spell). Personally I like to farm underwater, as Elementalists get crazy amounts of CC underwater, as well as massive damage spikes while in water attunement.

If you are running with a zerg though, feel free to toss on some MF gear, or Beserkers or something along those lines, whatever floats your fancy. With D/D you’ll be able to move around quickly and spam AOEs like crazy, making it far easier to tag.

Trait wise…honestly it just depends on what you go with, same with sigils and runes. You see a lot of the 0/10/0/30/30 builds, which are really good builds overall typically. Biggest advice though like I said above, don’t bring a scepter or staff…they are just way to slow to effectively tag while Warriors, Guardians and the like run around spamming rapid fire, high damage AOEs.

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

Solo farming setup/build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

if you want alot of tagging foes go for a 15/15/15/15/10 D/D just because you can.
otherwise 0/20/0/30/20, S/D, zerker gear because it can burst alot of stuff in a matter of seconds.