Solo spec for PvE in HoT?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Newt.2351

Newt.2351

Like the title implies, I was wondering what the best build is for solo PvE in HoT zones.

I generally ran full zerker / staff for large group events and WvW, but I’m getting decimated in full zerker with DD or DF.

What’s the most livable build that still puts out sufficient damage?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gandalf.1537

Gandalf.1537

I’d like to know this too, although I don’t think i’d want to solo, but for of a survivability build to stay alive is what I am looking for.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mardragon.4017

Mardragon.4017

Returning player and my experiences so far. Played for a few weeks.

DD and D/WH and DF has all worked fine in full zerker for me, atm I wouldnt choose focus personally and advice the warhorn. Try the same and add Arcane shield and mistform for the moments you know you misplaced yourself. I run ether renewal heal to get out of condi on low health.

Fire, Air, Tempest, I go in full dam in Air, reposition, all in fire, disengage water/condi cleanse/heal to get health back. If you gain full focus, use the oh kitten buttons 2 dodge, Arcshield and mistform, lightning flash aswell for another get out clauses.

Surviving HoT I think is more about dancing aoe, dodging the sniper mark above you head the moment it disappear, reflect bristlebacks, killing fast I believe, not sure you could actually gear/build out much of the “heat” . You need to disengage when time is right, get some distance, reevaluate where your aoe hurt them the most. I run scholar runes and attempt to keep health high.

I can recall a few event steps where its to hot to not bring out staff for range, but I found most playable as melee/midrange.

Sorry for not answering your question, really, I would find ways to survive in berserker, I guess is what I say, until it works for you. It is awesome playing Dagger/x in the HoT zones, when you find the sweet spot and it works for you.

(edited by Mardragon.4017)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kusa.6438

Kusa.6438

So a lot of people are very against full celestial builds… But I have all +5 power infusions. Then I run sigil of bloodlust. So I make up a lot of power there too. I find it super fun running in and trashing around in a bunch of mobs while also healing those in zero gear. I don’t feel underpowered either… I kill things fairly easily.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBIhYpBwEKABgPIxRoIEDcvsZ2RLA-TxBEABYq+z7nAAtU+JoSQAeAA9pHIl9HCAcAcezDgzP/8zP/8O/8zP/8zLFgfbtA-e

Here’s the build I run.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aba.6419

Aba.6419

Im very interested in such build also – especially with Staff for Mordremoth fight.

Regards

in Elementalist

Kusa.6438

Oh I forgot to add my utilities… Use wash the pain away, all the shouts including rebound.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aba.6419

Aba.6419

Oh I forgot to add my utilities… Use wash the pain away, all the shouts including rebound.

Which ones bcs there are 4 shouts and only 3 spots

in Elementalist

Kusa.6438

in Elementalist

Posted by: casper.9184

casper.9184

I’m looking for the same thing, but I like to use staff (longer attack range), is there any good build for tempest in HoT (and others)?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cobalt.1846

cobalt.1846

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMICtMgNNAmNAcYiFBAzN1ObztCXyQQKIIAUAOAA-TRCBABVcBBKa/h80RAwBCIgHAQZKxqU9nzUCilyjAAHAO/8zP/8QKgR1ZB-e

This is what i run pretty much everywhere… i don’t use scholar because i know i won’t be able to maintain the health. My staff and backpack are legendary and will switch them to something with more defense if active defense isn’t enough. I also carry around a marauder amulet for some added health if needed. Anet seems to be hellbent on destroying anyone that loves zerker stats, trying to create build diversity thru the need for defensive stats.

Unfortunately, it looks like guildwars2 skills isn’t being updated anymore as none of the agony has been updated.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghataka.1604

Ghataka.1604

I got tired of farming with zerker and the constant tension in HoT maps, i tried a classic Dire/undead runes set and it’s SMOOTH. I’ve been using condi ele since then in HoT maps and i’m not going back to zerker, i haven’t died since then and i faceroll everything braindead style.

I use S/D and signets, traits from fire/earth/tempest you just have to burst your signets and skills 2 – 4, fill the cooldowns with autoattacks or switch to earth for bleedings, both methods work fine, keep earth 2 up for extra toughness.

edit: I forgot i ended up changing the undead runes for the traperx2/nighrmarex4 combo, but the damage was pretty nice in both cases.

(edited by Ghataka.1604)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Like the title implies, I was wondering what the best build is for solo PvE in HoT zones.

I generally ran full zerker / staff for large group events and WvW, but I’m getting decimated in full zerker with DD or DF.

What’s the most livable build that still puts out sufficient damage?

Full Zerker, just summon earth elementals and hide behind them….

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.