Something we can all agree [Patch Notes]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

The dev’s balance team got their thieves’ !@# kicked by some pretty nasty Elementalists this month.

This is all our fault if you think about it, if whoever did this hadn’t made the dev felt so miserable, maybe we wouldn’t get nerfed this badly.

Anyway it’s a tip for the next time we see an dev as enemy, lay down your mouses and stand back from your keyboards until they can kill us.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

But now when I heal in fire I get 7 stacks of might… hmms

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

What? GoEH!?

Get out.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

and Altruism runes, shrug Nice party support :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

What? GoEH!?

Get out.

I read it was 3 in the patch notes. o__O

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

What? GoEH!?

Get out.

I read it was 3 in the patch notes. o__O

It can be more with inscription and whatever tricks he’s using.

anyway, noted OP! if I see a dev at the mists or anywhere I’m just gonna sit in one attunement and spam autoattack until I die.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Inscription is still 1 stack of might. So terrible.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

You think you got nerfed… Lol

Not only did you guys not get nerfed like you were suppose to, you got kittenin buffs. God know what Anet was thinking

… I still want tengu.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

You think you got nerfed… Lol

Not only did you guys not get nerfed like you were suppose to, you got kittenin buffs. God know what Anet was thinking

Well, that depends heavily on what build you are aming at. If you mean bunker eles when saying “you”, yes, there were buffs.

For most other ele builds, those changes were the worst things that could happen. I also play D/D, but with a different spec (condition dmg as an Asura, due to nice racial skills, Mist Form is my only cantrip). Right at the moment it seems, that the first thing people think of when seing this specific weapon set is “oh another OP bunker ele”. If you think all D/D eles play daphoenix’s build including all boon duration gear… Well, guess again.

For those without healing power and boon duration, RTL was the only survivability skill (yes, running away, that’s what you do if you can’t do anything else but dying). I’m glad they only increased the CD for this skill instead of making it totally useless (could have happened too, when looking on some patches in the past). But still these few seconds will make a big difference for those not going all bunker and hurt those builds a lot more, than the bunker build that should have been targeted by the nerf hammer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

this might suprise elementalists, but thiefs get destroyed by eles (pre nerf). And badly.

Most top teams run 1 or 2 eles, sometimes 3. And they are well regarded by the tOP QP holders as the strongest class in the game. ( in spvp)

If you dont understand how strong eles where, you were not playing higher end pvp.
(ie old paid tournies).

(edited by daydream.2938)

in Elementalist

Rayti.6531

this might suprise elementalists, but thiefs get destroyed by eles (pre nerf). And badly.

No it doesn’t surprise me at all. That’s what counters are for.

Most top teams run 1 or 2 eles, sometimes 3. And they are well regarded by the tOP QP holders as the strongest class in the game. ( in spvp)

Also a fact that most eles are aware of. But the problem is, that most of the eles you use as an example are using a bunker build, or at least builds that also take advantage of the well synergized traits you also find in a bunker build.

If you dont understand how strong eles where, you were not playing higher end pvp.
(ie old paid tournies).

And again the problem of generalization. Not the ele in general, but one specific ele build is “strong” (actually OP). And the steps taken by ANet unfortunately nerf other builds even more than before, whilst (maybe accidentally) buffing mechanics/traits the already OP bunker build is using.

So no misunderstanding there. If you replace “ele” with “bunker ele” in your post, I think I would agree with you to 90-100%. I also can’t wait until the bunker ele gets on the same balancing level with other classes and builds. But not without doing the same for other weapon sets and builds of the ele, by buffing them.

Maybe then, when the bunker build isn’t OP anymore, I won’t be called a n00b for refusing to use the D/D 0 10 0 30 30 standard build…?

(edited by Rayti.6531)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

i really had to laugh at the patchnotes, lol still cant belive it.
If you want to see a class which got heavy nerf look at the….. right like always…. the engineer.

Im glad i jumped the roflwagon of opedness.

in Elementalist

Posted by: International.7980

International.7980

They got buffed in almost every area but only had one nerf….what are u talking about? EVERY single ele build that either involves 30 evasive arcana, auras, arcane vigor or offhand dagger got nerfed today. If u jumped ele for opedness, u jumped the wrong ship.

(edited by International.7980)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

@all last posts: an example since apparently this is too hard to understand.

Eles receives 20 nerfs.

Out of those nerfs, 4 addressed the infamous 0/10/0/30/30 build specifically.

The other 16 nerfs hit every spec including the bunker build, but the damage suffered by other specs compared to the problem one can’t even be compared.

Basically ANet is forcing people to run 0/10/0/30/30 because other specs were severely affected, and it wasn’t even indirectly because that renewing stamina nerf WAS targeted at glass / dps ele alone.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: golantrevize.2394

golantrevize.2394

That Renewing Stamina nerf makes me cry, my glass cannon is even more glassy and less cannon.

Varda Elentàri || D/D DPS ele || Baruch Bay [SoC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Renewing stamina should now be minor trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

We were never really cannon. Just thin glass.

in Elementalist

Rayti.6531

@all last posts: an example since apparently this is too hard to understand.

Eles receives 20 nerfs.

Out of those nerfs, 4 addressed the infamous 0/10/0/30/30 build specifically.

The other 16 nerfs hit every spec including the bunker build, but the damage suffered by other specs compared to the problem one can’t even be compared.

Basically ANet is forcing people to run 0/10/0/30/30 because other specs were severely affected, and it wasn’t even indirectly because that renewing stamina nerf WAS targeted at glass / dps ele alone.

Thanks for pointing that out once more. I think I failed making that point clear in my post.

All those trying not to run the OP bunker build got punished with the last patch, me included. That’s what I don’t understand in ANets balancing logic. I hope this will be changed in the next few patches, otherwise we won’t see anything different from D/D 0 10 0 30 30 anymore.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

anyway, noted OP! if I see a dev at the mists or anywhere I’m just gonna sit in one attunement and spam autoattack until I die.

Your noble sacrifice will not soon be forgotten. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, kind sir!

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Sarcasm aside, I’m quite sure any devs playing can turn their dev tags off when they want to.

In that case, you should just let anyone you don’t know steamroll you just to be sure.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattamis.8143

Mattamis.8143

(closes eyes and spams 1)

(accidentally kills whatever class the devs must be playing to justify nerfs)