Speedy Conduit is not 8 seconds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

The traits says; “Gain swiftness when overloading an attunement. 8 seconds”

It seems to only be the tooltip that has changed because the duration is still 5 seconds like on previous beta weekends.

So here’s the bug. Overloading grants 5 seconds of swiftness instead of 8 seconds as shown on the tooltip.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cynical.2097

Cynical.2097

Incoming patch notes:

Fixed a bug: Tooltip was out of control and stated wrong duration for swiftness. Silly tooltips.

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

Incoming patch notes:

Fixed a bug: Tooltip was out of control and stated wrong duration for swiftness. Silly tooltips.

I hope not… Why make the effort to tease us with a fake tooltip. It was changed after all to 8 from 5 seconds.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Incoming patch notes:

More like “Fixed the fact…”

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Incoming patch notes:

Most likely update:

Tooltip was wrong. Overloads are supposed to give you CRIPPLE for 8s, b/c crippling you with kitten pre-charge, 20s recharge, and 4s cast was too little risk for a slight increase in dps.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Speedy Conduit is currently bugged, it only gives 5 seconds of swiftness when it shoud give 8 according to tooltip. Tooltip states 10.5 seconds with my 30% boon duration, but overloads only give about 6 or 7 seconds of swiftness.

Speedy Conduit is also the only minor elite trait left (out of all the classes’ elite specs afaik) that ONLY buffs the elite spec’s mechanic, nothing else.

Hardy Conduit was changed to include giving protection 40% damage reduction. Speedy conduit should not only give the full swiftness but also be changed to buff something else besides ONLY the overload mechanic – because those traits simply feel like they should be part of the minor adept trait giving the overload already.

Maybe as a easy and safe change make Speedy Conduit give all channeled skills swiftness? So dagger fire+water 2, scepter air 1+earth 2, dagger earth 4, meteor shower and ether renewal could grant swiftness too?

Or make it do something completely else and redesign the trait, the swiftness isn’t really great anyway seeing as we either have 25% runspeed all the time or just fart swiftness anyway.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iohanna.4863

Iohanna.4863

Bump. I would like to see this fixed too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Something like crono got with 25% runspeed please ….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pazu.8320

Pazu.8320

Seems to be a PvE bug. Gives 8s in PvP but only 5 in PvE.

Paul Lukische (ele), Pazu Plus One (ranger), Oh The Pazubilities (mes) et al – Sanctum of Rall
Champion Titles: Legionnaire, Genius, Magus, Paragon, Illusionist, Phantom, Shadow, Ritualist
Spectral Legion [SL] is recruiting! spectrallegion.com

in Elementalist

Doesnt work in pvp either.

in Elementalist

Posted by: WatcherJason.2678

WatcherJason.2678

Dont use Imbued Melodies and you get the normal swiftness duration, thats the bugged trait. When its on it reduces Speed Conduit to 5 sec…

in Elementalist

Posted by: WatcherJason.2678

WatcherJason.2678

The bug is in Imbued Melodies, take that trait off and it goes back to 8 seconds.

in Elementalist

The bug is in Imbued Melodies, take that trait off and it goes back to 8 seconds.

No it doesn’t. I get 5 seconds of swiftness with the heal on aura trait…

in Elementalist

Dont use Imbued Melodies and you get the normal swiftness duration, thats the bugged trait. When its on it reduces Speed Conduit to 5 sec…

I get 5 seconds of swiftness with the heal on aura trait…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

It doesn’t matter. Even if your Tempest line is empty, it is still 5 seconds.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

You are probably just reading the tooltip and not actually trying.

Speedy Conduit is the swiftness when you begin the Overload. Reads 8 seconds; actually is 5 seconds.

It was 5 seconds on BWE3, but Karl decided to grant us minor traits with the last second changes (Earthen Proxy on Grandmaster Minor. More swiftness on the Master Minor)

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

What is he talking about?

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Imbued Melodies actually boosts it. But yeah, it is bugged at 5 seconds, baseline.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Speedy conduit does in fact give only 5 seconds of swiftness.

I’d also like to add a bit of criticism of Hardy conduit which gives you protection for only 3 seconds of the 4 seconds you are in overload. Why? Just…why? I thought overloads were supposed to be covered by this trait.

in Elementalist

Alekt.5803

Speedy conduit does in fact give only 5 seconds of swiftness.

I’d also like to add a bit of criticism of Hardy conduit which gives you protection for only 3 seconds of the 4 seconds you are in overload. Why? Just…why? I thought overloads were supposed to be covered by this trait.

Good question.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Nothing works correctly…