Staff DPS / survival build for WvW/PVE !?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bamboocha.8129

Bamboocha.8129

Hey all together…I really need some advice for my staff build. ;-)

My idea was something like 20/10/0/30/10:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAGIAIPQBGTCKIgBRBLKF2B-jAyAYLgkfR0YLbo1VioR9CmqMyKzkqcBAA-e

My aim is a good hybrid build for WvW/PVE with good damage and and some survivability and support.
Main attunement will be fire.

What do you think about the build?

Which armor/weapons would you use?

Are there stats that are a “must have” like for example 30% crit, 2400 armor? 50% crit damage?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sylar.6802

Sylar.6802

wvw bunker/support is like 0/0/10/30/30

you can build this around celestial gear, but also a combination of soldiers (PVT) with Knight’s jewelery. Or just the way around

in Elementalist

Posted by: dostunuz.3982

dostunuz.3982

1k toughness is a joke.

in Elementalist

Bamboocha.8129

1k toughness is a joke.

Thx for this. oO

in Elementalist

Posted by: dostunuz.3982

dostunuz.3982

This is my setup for any situation. I change weapons time to time but traits are the same.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhEmmbyR4gjEAkHwciJjChIK8QRxOzA-j0BBYLAEEAJQFRjtMsIasKbYaXLqWFDQGA9xA-w

in Elementalist

Bamboocha.8129

Thank you. Changed it a lil bit.

I think I will try this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhEmmbyR4gjEAkHwciJhCEIKYRRxOzA-jUyAYLgEYR0YrsERj6FMVZkVmJVFD4Nis7QZFA-w

What do you think?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

My aim is a good hybrid build for WvW/PVE with good damage and and some survivability and support.
Main attunement will be fire.

You can’t just lump WvW and PvE into the same category. They’re completely different. You must use a build that maximizes party dmg for PvE; there is no other logical option if your goal is to complete the content as quickly as possible. WvW has very different objectives, so you may not want to use a glass PvE build. Some do, but most don’t.

For PvE, use Build A in my guide. Link’s in my sig.

For WvW, you’ll probably want to take 10 from Air and put it in Arcana for Blasting Staff for zergs.

in Elementalist

Bamboocha.8129

After playing around with some builds for WvW and solo PVE at the weekend I think I found the right build for my playstyle:

20/10/10/20/10: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhEmmbwR5wjFAEFwcSQBBMMKEiogFlC7A-jAzAYLAqAQyDJBSoxWCRrnERj6FMdZSVnRW5C4Okm9HJFA-e

I wanted to reach the following as it seemed to be a solid mix of survivability and damage:

Attack: 3100-3150
Critical Chance: 35-40 %
Armor: 2400-2500
Health: 16.000-17.000
Critical Damage: 45-50%

With the right bufffood I reached all of these.

Thx for all your help.

(edited by Bamboocha.8129)

in Elementalist

Posted by: InfernoCrossing.8063

InfernoCrossing.8063

In case you’re still reading, I recommend switching your Water V to either III or VI.

In PvE, getting hit by a Critical isn’t something to worry about. When it triggers in WvW, the 500HP heal is hardly worth it. Switching to Water III is much better for you since all 3 of your utilities are Cantrips. Water VI is also a nice addition to your damage, provided you can keep your HP up to snuff.

[Stormbluff Isle since September ’12] |VZ|
Ragnarune | Lily Vinheim | Voirdere
Viezza

in Elementalist

Bamboocha.8129

In case you’re still reading, I recommend switching your Water V to either III or VI.

In PvE, getting hit by a Critical isn’t something to worry about. When it triggers in WvW, the 500HP heal is hardly worth it. Switching to Water III is much better for you since all 3 of your utilities are Cantrips. Water VI is also a nice addition to your damage, provided you can keep your HP up to snuff.

Thanks for the input…I will switch the water trait to VI as I often change the cantrips into Frost Bow, LH or Signets!?

Nevertheless this build works good at the moment.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lumiere.4609

Lumiere.4609

You should look into a different gearset.

You’re wasting tons of power on knights (I used to too!)

Soldiers (Pvt) armor / Zerker+Valkyrie Ascended amulet+rings+1 earring, cavalier back/1 earring

2466 power | 3632 attack
33% crit rate
1287 tough | 2207 armor
15765 hp (use power/vit instead of power/prec food if you want a little more hp)
82% crit damage

Yagami Yukari- 80 Sylvari Guardian | Yagami Vita – 80 Human Ele
Strike Force – Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

Bamboocha.8129

You should look into a different gearset.

You’re wasting tons of power on knights (I used to too!)

Soldiers (Pvt) armor / Zerker+Valkyrie Ascended amulet+rings+1 earring, cavalier back/1 earring

2466 power | 3632 attack
33% crit rate
1287 tough | 2207 armor
15765 hp (use power/vit instead of power/prec food if you want a little more hp)
82% crit damage

It gets better and better.

Changed it to the following and my DPS increased:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhEmmbwR5wjFAEFwcSQBBMMKEiogFlC7A-jAzAYLAqAQyDJ7FxEowaJEtkSENqXw0lJVdGZlLg7gRrGA-e

The only part where I can’t decide which one to use is the Sigil.
What would you use?
Superior Sigil of Force (5% more damage) or Superior Sigil of Accuracy (5% more Precision)?

Thx for the input.