Staff Ele Dungeon Gear

Staff Ele Dungeon Gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: spalt.6938

spalt.6938

Hi folks, I was wondering what the consensus is on preferred armor stats to be used for Explore Mode of Dungeons (and maybe Fractals which I haven’t even tried yet). I’ve been going through the available gear and I’m inclined to think Power/Vit/Toughness but maybe someone else who has more experience can share if that kind of armor set is a good idea or if there are better armor combinations out there.

Thanks in advance.

Staff Ele Dungeon Gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I know its not helpful but it reall depends how much youwnat to fit your gear to a specific dungeon and what your spec is.

staff eles also make very good healers and condition removers – not all dungeon need that though. CoF is the best example where dps is pretty much the only thing you want to bring.

for me staff is the beste weapon for hugh aoe codnition damage – many people will tell you condition damage is not good because it reduces the damage potential of the rest of the group.

personally i think the best bet for an ele in dungeons is scepter/dagger regardless of your spec – your team will run 20+ stacks of might all the time making most dugenons pretty fast.

to answer you question: Cant go wrong with P/V/T (dont do knights its not worth it dps wise if you do not convert toughness to a diffrent attribute via food/trait etc.)

other then that…go zerk and use a cantrip x/x/10/30/30 build

Staff Ele Dungeon Gear

in Elementalist

spalt.6938

I have tried the other weapons and really do prefer the staff skills over the others. If ever, I would switch to a support role if needed. Though I don’t know yet if I want to build a new healing set for that. Gear is a bit expensive. >.<

I have been building a Berserker set (slowly). Though I have been using a 30/20/10/10/x build which I quite enjoy for WvW. Do you have a link to a Cantrip build using that distribution you mentioned by any chance? Google is showing me builds for sPvP so I’m inclined to think it won’t exactly be the same (plus some of the posts are almost a year old now).

Staff Ele Dungeon Gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

PVT will do well, but you may wanna consider Celestial Gear on your trinkets. The dps is roughly the same, but you’ll get some extra healing power for your water fields and regen boons that your party can benefit from.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Staff Ele Dungeon Gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: innocent ouarior.1954

innocent ouarior.1954

Statwise obviously Celestial or Zerker (if you are at exotic gear level) for jewelry.

PvE isnt heavy on damage if you know what to dodge, even more if you play with a staff. I would advice a mix of zerk and valk, toughness only affects direct damage so basically the direct hits you will take and you can pretty much avoid all of that.

Staff Ele Dungeon Gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Draco Aurum.7520

Draco Aurum.7520

Watch this video , his build seems to work well in Fractals and Dungeons. Hope this helps you out.

Staff Ele Dungeon Gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Back when I started PVT gear was really useful because I didn’t know a lot about dungeons/Fractals. Once you know where and when to dodge you can switch to full Berserker to speed up your run. In high Fractals you either dodge or die anyway.

Currently I am stuck at ~lvl 40 when it comes to Fractals (mainly because I can’t really find a good group when I play) and I am still doing fine with full Berserker.

You should try scepter/focus too! Especially earth 4/5 and air 4 are really useful in difficult dungeons/Fractals.

Staff Ele Dungeon Gear

in Elementalist

spalt.6938

Celestial Sigil is really expensive so it might take me awhile to get there (just started gathering Laurels a few days ago after all).

Thanks for the video Draco Aurum. The build seems interesting though I don’t think I can invest on splitting my gear now. I’ve been going full Berserker on everything I can upgrade and even that is taking so long to get.

I’m glad to hear Berserker is still quite good for Fractals. I was worried I’d keep falling over just from the Agony Damage (which I have no idea yet how strong it is yet).

Also, I’ll look into maybe investing on a Scepter/Focus, Blackhat, I definitely can’t buy exotic level ones at this time but maybe some time in the future I can.

Staff Ele Dungeon Gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

Agony removes a percentage of your health every second and the only way to mitigate it is Agony Resistance which means it doesn’t matter which gear you are using, it will always remove the same percentage of your health. In fact, less HP means it removes less HP and that means healing is more effective because your maximum HP is lower (I hope this makes sense^^).

For the scepter and focus I would do some CoF path 1 runs. One run per day (~10-20 mins) means 60 Flame Legion Charr Carvings. The focus is 210 Carvings and the scepter 300. This is the cheapest way to get both weapons imo.

Staff Ele Dungeon Gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I use knight’s gear and a zerker staff when in dungeons. A cleric amulet for some healing doesn’t hurt either. And you can dodge agony attacks. You can probably make it up to 20 without any AR if you really wanted to. But it’s probably in your best interest to get some anyway cuz it sucks when you screw up a dodge and get hit by it at that point with no AR. I was stubborn and wanted to see how far i could go without any.