Staff or D/D for noobie ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hello guys,

I was watching Zoose’s stream the other day and he was chatting with a guy telling him that staff and D/D ele are the two easiest specs to play. (Scepter builds require you to be able to set up and execute combos, which may not be the best solution for a beginner – as far as I know.) So with this in mind – what do you suggest I should start learning ele with? I will only play soloq in the beginning, so the build must be suitable for self-reliant gameplay. I’d also like to ask what role should I go for? Roamer or mid-fighter? (Maybe homepoint defender?) If this approach makes sense at all in soloq…

Ty

enthusiastic noob

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Ty for the advice. I’m not that high rated (around 93%), but I could stand my ground quite well. I’ve played some pve on my ele so I’m not totally noob, but in my first ever PvP match I won all my 1v1s. I guess I was only lucky and got easy opponents, but its still fairly ok considering I have zero experience in pvp with ele. So this seems to be a rather forgiving build.

Is this btw just a starter build until one gets the hang of it or is this build preferable in more competitive environment as well? Should I keep other specs in mind too or is this celestial D/D build good all the way?

Thx again

p.s.: Do you get a temporarily lower rating if you start playing a new class? That would make my little story laughable…

enthusiastic noob

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Ty for the advice. I’m not that high rated (around 93%), but I could stand my ground quite well. I’ve played some pve on my ele so I’m not totally noob, but in my first ever PvP match I won all my 1v1s. I guess I was only lucky and got easy opponents, but its still fairly ok considering I have zero experience in pvp with ele. So this seems to be a rather forgiving build.

Is this btw just a starter build until one gets the hang of it or is this build preferable in more competitive environment as well? Should I keep other specs in mind too or is this celestial D/D build good all the way?

Thx again

p.s.: Do you get a temporarily lower rating if you start playing a new class? That would make my little story laughable…

It is insanely overpowered in PvP right now and if you get good at it (and assuming they don’t nerf it too much) you can play at a so-called high level, as far as that exists in this game.

And no, your leaderboard rank is account bound. If you switch characters or classes, it does not affect this at all. For what it’s worth, however, leaderboard rank is pretty much broken at this point. I’m consistently in the top 1000 and I consider myself a pretty average player at PvP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

For D/D celestial you need to learn proper rotations.

As for staff:
Good in teamfights if you are not focused, bad if you are.

#ELEtism