Staff or D/S for WVW?

Staff or D/S for WVW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhejeckt.5791

rhejeckt.5791

I made an ele who is only level 31 atm. I love running D/S while I am leveling. But, since I normally spend most of my time in WVW-I need some input from those that know. Is running staff more helpful in WVW? The healing appears more effective to aid team members. Maybe staff for zerging & D/S for roaming? Don’t have many traits yet, so maybe this is a factor. Any advice is appreciated. ( I could have posted this in Professions but because of the WVW element I posted here.) Thanks for any advice-I am still trying to get a handle on this class.

Staff or D/S for WVW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Staff for zerging and targeting groups/areas. D/D for roaming.

Staff or D/S for WVW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Play S/D if you really wanna win with your own skills.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

Staff or D/S for WVW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I run S/F in WvW 90% of the time and have a staff in my backpack for the remaining 10% :-).

Staff or D/S for WVW?

in Elementalist

rhejeckt.5791

So many choices. Guess I am fortunate that I am only level 31 atm. Gives me time to experiment. Thank you for your responses. Wish eles could just switch out weapons like other classes. I main a necro so this is a whole new world to me

Staff or D/S for WVW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Katrina.8702

Katrina.8702

I would say while you are leveling, try to get a great feel for your roaming set, whether it is S/x or D/x. If you enjoy WvW enough later, you will learn how to play staff by necessity. I’ve seen handful of eles who only know how to staff but not good with (or at least not willing to play) roaming sets, but almost all decent eles know how to play staff. Just my 2 cents.

[One] DD Ele – SBI

Staff or D/S for WVW?

in Elementalist

rhejeckt.5791

Sound advice, Katrina. I’ve been leveling with S/F now. I like D/F but miss the Dragontooth using that combo.