Staff or Scepter/Dagger for PvE

in Elementalist

Posted by: Assassin.5208

Assassin.5208

I was interested to see which weapon sets does the most damage in PvE and which one is easier to use and which one I should be using for dungeons and world bosses.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

staff is strongest, dagger is strong and with offhand focus brings the most utility. I prefer dagger/focus but for pure damage staff is stronger

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

Fire camp staff with icebow has the highest damage if there are other party members to provide might and fury but is really boring compared to the other weapon sets in my opinion.

S/F Lightning hammer provides perma 18 stacks of might and perma fury and with the ability to take the arcane tree for things like renewing stamina, elemental attunement, final shielding, and bountiful power has extremely high party support, damage, and active defense

S/D lightning hammer provides less utility and survivability than S/F but has higher burst damage.

D/F is a fractal oriented build with high survivabilty, decent party support with permafury and decent might generation. It also does decent damage.

For dungeons take S/F LH if your party lacks buffing capability, take staff if you already have a phalanx strength warrior

For fractals same as dungeons for most situations but take D/F if you have trouble surviving or you need swirling winds for projectile destruction.

For world bosses take whatever you want. World bosses are extremely easy to the point where you could be naked and using only autoattacks and still win. Consider taking staff if you want for superior tagging potential.

(edited by Piratoz.8627)