Staffing about in WvW

Staffing about in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Since you don’t seem to hate me yet, I’ll just keep posting these here \o/

Seriously though if you think I should stop self-promoting, let me know.

Staff is a really really interesting weapon. I had hoped to showcase three solid builds that I personally found very interesting, but I unfortunately lost all that footage. This video features a compromise between solo power, while still being the large scale powerhouse staff is meant to be.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think as always! (Also to my german friends, can you call Merkel and tell her to chill the kitten out with all this music blocking!)

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Staffing about in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: shinta.8906

shinta.8906

copyright inf. better use this safefromnet link:

www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=8UKfgTcrTac

i liked the staff fights and music choices o/

Staffing about in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Very nice punch-ups indeed! I would like to see your builds though, especially the gear set ups.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Staffing about in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maesto.9103

Maesto.9103

Liked the Gust into the Meteor Shower Part. Didnt knew it works like Rapidfire and some other skills with Aiming while standing still for a Second to shoot in the correct Direction.

Now its getting easier to do some Combos with Gust:).

Staffing about in WvW

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

copyright inf. better use this safefromnet link:

www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=8UKfgTcrTac

i liked the staff fights and music choices o/

Cheers. Fun fact, I first heard mos def in your video So thanks for that too!

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Staffing about in WvW

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

Liked the Gust into the Meteor Shower Part. Didnt knew it works like Rapidfire and some other skills with Aiming while standing still for a Second to shoot in the correct Direction.

Now its getting easier to do some Combos with Gust:).

Gust is weird in so many ways.. It doesn’t lead targets (as far as I know, only this skill and revenant hammer 2 work this way), and you can cast it behind you.

I personally find flash+gust one of the most useful things you can do on staff in smaller groups. Since pulls are the most dangerous ccs, flash gust is like our mini-pull, kinda like flash updraft.

If you’ve played any LoL, always reminds me off the ‘insec kick’ on lee sin.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Staffing about in WvW

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

Very nice punch-ups indeed! I would like to see your builds though, especially the gear set ups.

I’m still not 100% set on the builds.
These are what I was running, plus some comments on what I would change or am contemplating changing.

- Balanced build, mainly made for 2-4 man groups, but not bad solo either: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMICFOgVOAeOA8RgBCAhyeNaUIwgad6yA-TVCEABOpEKKlBYq+TXKBZSpTb6AA4BA8wFAIm9HIDwyWA-w
I’d change hoelbrak to pack preferably, and get a little better at using air 4 to cleanse instead of just for some swiftness. Would also allow me to take another gm. I’m contemplating using an offensive food (dmg while moving or +40% condidur) but can’t seem to make it work. Heal swaps to signet when solo.

- Hybrid with condi focus: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWhcMoxh9NwzB8RMQAYUW4KEFiCQAIIWrh0QZA-TFSHAB8qErOlgLq+zH7P0kyD40BAwDAQgLAApAWUaE-w
Tried earth line, but it totally lacks synergy in master and adept tier, so I went fire. Since fire has obscene damage modifiers I went hybrid. Massive advantage to stop resses or dent condi resilient classes, and to follow up on cheesy immob durations with lava font. Lack of swiftness is absolutely brutal though. Very strong solo. Seriously, even as a dd ele i was impressed. Would make a dream team with a rev for the boons it lacks. (Can’t think of a single build that would make better use of might)

- Glass build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWhMMolhVOwzB8RM8AYUNIIsDkAwBoFWVhpwTA-TVCEAB+qExJlCJq+zWKBZa/RZhWKhaTHAAXAgHeAAkCgvtAA-w
Pretty straightforward. I run air fire when feeling godly or fighting larger numbers. Static, flash-gust-water swap-arcane, knock through static is oneshot rotation. Fun build, but dying is frustrating and fresh air is better and usually more fun.

Basically the main dilemma’s im still facing after all this time, is what to take for fire GM and heal. Also the stat spread shifts all the time. I’m still searching for that sweet spot between being obnoxiously hard to kill and abusing staff built-in sustain, and doing as much damage as possible.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Staffing about in WvW

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

God kitten it why can’t I write short comments

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

Staffing about in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Souss.8905

Souss.8905

Because you’re such a nice guy Elemelel (k)

Leyon Brown/Don Corleyon-Cake Walk

Staffing about in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: shinta.8906

shinta.8906

Basically the main dilemma’s im still facing after all this time, is what to take for fire GM and heal. Also the stat spread shifts all the time. I’m still searching for that sweet spot between being obnoxiously hard to kill and abusing staff built-in sustain, and doing as much damage as possible.

check ur video again. u were hard to kill for them. i face same troubles but cant help to think that esp in outmanned fights u should avoid those oneshot combos and give priority to positioning and kiting. may it just that one missing crit that u need that screws ur burst combo and you will stand bare nacked before them. heck even that fatal cleave nearly got u.

whenever i get kitteny im dead and thats exactly the beauty of it that makes it fun to play. im rly looking forward for ur pre hot videos!

Staffing about in WvW

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

I’ve noticed in the youtube comment section about a talk in Condition Staff, a certain Minami.

About condition staff, I believe that Air, Earth and Arcane is the most potent combinaison. Settler Undead in SPvP, Sinister + Apothecary + Celestial weapon for WvW. Earth Shield is also a must in that sort of build to combine with Lightning Rod.
And before the nerf, you could rely on Icebow number 2 on a fire field

Though, I am very interested to have a talk with some people doing condition staff.

Alerie Despins