Starting Elementalist

Starting Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mamousha.8549

Mamousha.8549

Hi guys, I have been playing as mesmer since the game came out and I want to start a new character. How are elementalists in pve and dungeons?

Starting Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: DreadShinobi.4751

DreadShinobi.4751

Hi guys, I have been playing as mesmer since the game came out and I want to start a new character. How are elementalists in pve and dungeons?

Elementalists have some of the best group support available for dungeons. Staff offers alot of aoe damage, aoe healing, and a multitude of combo fields which can set up more healing or other effects. Scepter/Dagger is more offense oriented and can give large might stacks to your group.

For PvE leveling, it’s all mostly the same really. Ele’s with perma swiftness and ride the lightning are the most mobile characters in the game which is very nice for leveling. D/D and S/D can kill at a respectable rate, I wouldn’t use staff for solo leveling though. If pushing more buttons than a class like a 2 button warrior concerns you though, then that might be an issue, but they will still be able to level just as fast. Ele’s are not for lazy people.

Kiiban -lvl 80 Elementalist
Sacaen -lvl 80 Warrior

Starting Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

It depends on the build. Scepter is lackluster in PvE. Dagger/Staff are both very good in PvE.

Staff plays best when you can act as support. Running with a group or using the two Elemental Glyphs helps with that.

Daggers are what I enjoy most, they’re close combat with lots of AoE damage and can provide good defense/support when mixed with Aura traits.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Starting Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mamousha.8549

Mamousha.8549

Sweet. than I am off to start a Norn Elementalist!

Starting Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Masternewbz.4953

Masternewbz.4953

they are underpowered. They suck in dungeons , they have to use staff as only viable build.

They underperform in PVE, they are fun in WvW …

WvW is the only thing they are good at, cuz of massive AOE dmg and healing, good escaping habilities … and they can hide in the crowd

Starting Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: DreadShinobi.4751

DreadShinobi.4751

they are underpowered. They suck in dungeons , they have to use staff as only viable build.

WvW is the only thing they are good at, cuz of massive AOE dmg and healing, good escaping habilities … and they can hide in the crowd

No. Bad troll.

Kiiban -lvl 80 Elementalist
Sacaen -lvl 80 Warrior

Starting Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Masternewbz.4953

Masternewbz.4953

No. Bad troll.

so u go D/D in a dungeon? do arah with D/D and show me

Starting Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

They are bad if you try to play them as a glass cannon, they are good if you try to play them with a combination of Condition Damage, Survivability and Support.

Starting Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: EpicFace.8096

EpicFace.8096

Staff is the best way to go tbh.
That doesnt mean its not fun tho! The aoe is just so amazing O_O

Starting Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

No. Bad troll.

so u go D/D in a dungeon? do arah with D/D and show me

I use D/D in dungeons. There are times where I’ll swap staff to staff when more CC is required and close combat isn’t feasible, but I don’t encounter those situations frequently.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Starting Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningLockey.5938

LightningLockey.5938

Your better off playing a different class until ANet fixes all the issues with elementalist.