State of the Elementalist (Discussion)

in Elementalist

Posted by: dante.2864

dante.2864

Nerf the other classes as hard as the ele was nerfed and everything will be ok.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

What’s the point of the equivalent of 2 extra weapon swaps when we give up health, armor, and variable range for them? Not to mention that many ele skills simply aren’t as good as those of other professions.

D/D has variable range, just not of the ‘sit back and spam auto attack’ variation. Staff has Evasive Arcana for melee.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

What’s the point of the equivalent of 2 extra weapon swaps when we give up health, armor, and variable range for them? Not to mention that many ele skills simply aren’t as good as those of other professions.

D/D has variable range, just not of the ‘sit back and spam auto attack’ variation. Staff has Evasive Arcana for melee.

I’m referring to the ability to swap between a ranged and melee weapon set.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

You’re doing the math wrong….

So are you.

Its 16 Sec Base Rechargement time, so if you interpret it like you do its 16* 1/1.6 = 10 and not 15/1.6 which is 9.375.

Just misinterpreted the sentence^^

Rounding times first but then giving a not rounded time suggests a precission you cant hold.

Still, for the elementalist to require a full skilled trait line in order to archieve the same swap time that other classes have as base CD.
So if the Trait works correctly reducing base CD to something between 12 and 14, would be a good buff then.

I see, sry for the mistake in that 15 secs number. It’s 16 secs of course.

The formula is right though.

60 / 16 = 3.75 recharges per minute
30 points in arcane = 1.6 times faster recharge = 6 recharges per minute
60 / 6 = 10 seconds for recharge with full arcana tree

In another words, recharge is 1 second shorter for every 5 points in arcana tree.

But I of course agree that 16 seconds base recharge is too much, it basically forces the ele to heavily invest in that traitline if you want to play the class as it should be played (i.e. the description of the class), therefore loosing points available for build diversity.

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

That’s another problem of our class, exactly, and that’s the exact reason I can’T understand the huge mobility nerf, because we can’t SWITCH to ranged weapon set, we should have MORE mobility than other classes to counter that (While using D/X weapon set, mainly D/D)

About that variable range on dagger, you mean those few spells with range of 600? Are you serious???

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Nerf the other classes as hard as the ele was nerfed and everything will be ok.

frankly i disagree.
Nerf such RTL didn t only impact balance, but it also destroyed FUN.

Nerf other classes like they did on ele and they get a boring balanced game.

P.S. i wonder how many players/mob did you kill with water1

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

they should add a new disengage maybe any suggestions?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

That’s another problem of our class, exactly, and that’s the exact reason I can’T understand the huge mobility nerf, because we can’t SWITCH to ranged weapon set, we should have MORE mobility than other classes to counter that (While using D/X weapon set, mainly D/D)

About that variable range on dagger, you mean those few spells with range of 600? Are you serious???

I think he is referring to the two very limited 900 range skills under Dagger MH Water.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

We need a new weapon set that will give us the moves that you get in Aspect Arena. Those moves were a lot of fun and had high mobility, survivability, and cc. They just screamed elementalist. Why can’t we have useful skills like that? Give us sword/sword and put those skills on it. Mainhand focus works as well, then I can wield 2 Anomoly. Offhand scepter wouldn’t be bad either.

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

It’s funny reading at some of the skills comparison, we are suppose to be a support class, but our aura need to be traited to actually offer group support, while other classes get short CD support and and group support.

Makes you wonder the process Arenanet goes through for their so called balancing.

No. We are not supposed to be a support class. All professions are supposed to be able to DPS, defend, or support as well as any other.

Heck, the elementalist profession description even mentions something about doing high damage in a single attack to make up for toughness.

Anet trying to shoe-horn elementalist into a support role is one of the reasons ele is a joke of a class.

The two aspects of the game in which elementalists even approach something like desirability are in WvW zerging and possibly DPS in dungeons. The first is pretty much solely attributed to our fields. Elementalists aren’t desired at all—it’s their fields people want. And in dungeons, the most effective build for elementalists is…to play gimmicky conjured stuff and pretend to be a warrior by abusing lightning hammer or FGS.

Elementalists were the only profession that didn’t have a showing at the recent tournaments. That should tell you what the state of the profession is in.

you misunderstood what i was saying. The developers recently started calling us a “support” class and yet we suck at supporting or we don’t provide as good of a support as other class while also doing less damage.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

I think he is referring to the two very limited 900 range skills under Dagger MH Water.

MH dagger (water) has no spells with the range of 900 units m8

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

And I’m telling you we don’t need that. We have other ways to cope with that. Wheter those ways are up to the task is another discussion.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Sensotix.4106

I really hope the next change will make more classes viable!

in Elementalist

Lostwingman.5034

MH dagger (water) has no spells with the range of 900 units m8

Huh….that’s what I read on the in game tooltip…

in Elementalist

Chaosky.5276

And I’m telling you we don’t need that. We have other ways to cope with that. Wheter those ways are up to the task is another discussion.

Vapor Blade doesn’t grant you a ranged playstyle, no more than Evasive Arcana grants a staff user a melee playstyle. That’s a big deal because melee to ranged offers versatility, and ranged to melee offers damage and/or reliability.

If you had been talking about conjures, I’d agree that the potential is there and leave it at that, but you weren’t.

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Vapor Blade doesn’t grant you a ranged playstyle, no more than Evasive Arcana grants a staff user a melee playstyle. That’s a big deal because melee to ranged offers versatility, and ranged to melee offers damage and/or reliability.

If you had been talking about conjures, I’d agree that the potential is there and leave it at that, but you weren’t.

I’m not talking about Vapor Blade. The skills I’m talking about are Ride the Lightning, Frost Aura and Magnetic Grasp. Combine them with utilities (like Arcane Blast, signets or conjures) and you can actually accomplish something at range. This should of course be part of a bigger plan to close the gap, not to be used as a standalone tactic. But that goes for other professions too: very often the ranged weapon is merely a temporary set until melee is initiated, or vice versa.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

We’re not talking about closing the gap, we’re talking about when situations get bad and it’s a better idea to engage at range instead of sticking in melee. There’s no way for a D/D Ele to move to ranged combat and stay there when things get hairy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

We’re not talking about closing the gap, we’re talking about when situations get bad and it’s a better idea to engage at range instead of sticking in melee. There’s no way for a D/D Ele to move to ranged combat and stay there when things get hairy.

That’s because you are using D/D. You can’t have it all. I don’t really understand what your trying to say here, when you pick D/D you do so because you don’t want ranged combat. At least I do.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Chaosky.5276

…when you pick D/D you do so because you don’t want ranged combat. At least I do.

Heh, the main reason I was interested in GW2 in the first place was that it allowed me to have both.

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

That’s because you are using D/D. You can’t have it all. I don’t really understand what your trying to say here, when you pick D/D you do so because you don’t want ranged combat. At least I do.

Yeah, but other classes can, and that’s the problem. I don’t ask for some weapon swapping for Ele or something, just for compensation of this quite a big handicap.

I can always press a tildo on my Warr/Thief/Mesmer/Guardian and suddenly I’m ranged, can’t do that on Ele though….

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Yeah, but other classes can, and that’s the problem. I don’t ask for some weapon swapping for Ele or something, just for compensation of this quite a big handicap.

I can always press a tildo on my Warr/Thief/Mesmer/Guardian and suddenly I’m ranged, can’t do that on Ele though….

In my experience, Vapor Blade is usually enough range if you really cannot be in melee. For the longer range purposes, you can use utilities to make up for the loss or use your gap finishers to close in again. If you REALLY want a longer range skillset, either Lava Axe or Frost Bow will work (especially with the upcoming buffs).

The ‘other profession have it’ argument is only half-valid, because eles don’t have heavy armor, stealth or controllable pets either. You could argue that the engineer is in a slightly better state because their rifle is essentially a melee weapon with a long range auto attack. Maybe Vapor Blade’s range could be extended slightly (perhaps through a trait)?

I’ve been harassed about it before, but I simply don’t find range all that important on an ele. I never feel weak in melee with my staff and the only times I’ve had problems with range on D/D was in the EB jumping puzzle.

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

In my experience, Vapor Blade is usually enough range if you really cannot be in melee. For the longer range purposes, you can use utilities to make up for the loss or use your gap finishers to close in again. If you REALLY want a longer range skillset, either Lava Axe or Frost Bow will work (especially with the upcoming buffs).

The ‘other profession have it’ argument is only half-valid, because eles don’t have heavy armor, stealth or controllable pets either. You could argue that the engineer is in a slightly better state because their rifle is essentially a melee weapon with a long range auto attack. Maybe Vapor Blade’s range could be extended slightly (perhaps through a trait)?

I’ve been harassed about it before, but I simply don’t find range all that important on an ele. I never feel weak in melee with my staff and the only times I’ve had problems with range on D/D was in the EB jumping puzzle.

But that’s not the point, vapor blade is one skill, with the range of 600. We are talking about a ranged WEAPON SET, you know? One skill can’t nearly made up for that, especially if it can be hardly considered a “ranged” skill. Ranged skill is at least 900 units long, not 600.
And again, I’m not asking for weapon swap, I’m asking for compensation.

Also, Conjures can’t made up for that due to theirs huge limitations (duration, charges) and especially frost bow is used only for its #4 skill, every other skill sucks kitten the bow…

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Ranged skill is at least 900 units long, not 600.

600 is plenty for ‘cannot be in melee because boss has some uber melee attack’.

Vapor Blade, gap closers, Frost Aura, signets and conjures are ‘compensation’. You could also use S/D or D/F and get a couple more ranged skills. Unless I’m misunderstanding you, ‘compensation’ is one or two skills that help you get by until you can get back in melee. They’re not a ‘attack from 1200 range for 5 minutes’. Right?

Also, Conjures can’t made up for that due to theirs huge limitations (duration, charges) and especially frost bow is used only for its #4 skill, every other skill sucks kitten the bow…

After the change they likely will make up for it. 30 charges per 60 seconds is plenty.

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

Ranged skill is at least 900 units long, not 600.

600 is plenty for ‘cannot be in melee because boss has some uber melee attack’.

Vapor Blade, gap closers, Frost Aura, signets and conjures are ‘compensation’. You could also use S/D or D/F and get a couple more ranged skills. Unless I’m misunderstanding you, ‘compensation’ is one or two skills that help you get by until you can get back in melee. They’re not a ‘attack from 1200 range for 5 minutes’. Right?

After the change they likely will make up for it. 30 charges per 60 seconds is plenty.

Well, by compensation, I meant something more like to have our mobility back (RTL is really a joke now), and the nerf to healing in PvP is crippling our survival extremely, too.
Compensation in my head is something that allows us to withstand in the range of our weapon set, to endure/be able to avoid harm/be able to position ourselves very fast. Something like Thieves have, squishy class, but has a lot of mechanics which allows them to evade/move very fast, therefore reducing the harm done to them if played correctly.

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grim Jr.8946

Grim Jr.8946

Hi personally I think they should make a full revamp of the ele.. like transfer some skills to other weapons (WvW Perspective)

1. Dragon’s Tooth I feel this should be transferred to Staff maybe change it with either burning retreat or Flame Blast.

Meteor Shower should be changed tbh it’s useless in WvW unless your defending.. maybe instead of randomly placed meteors it should have a long cast time but 1 big meteor will drop dealing damage to the area sorta like a bigger version of Dragon’s Tooth without the Warning..

D/D is fine in other areas but RTL should be reverted to it’s old form.

Remove Dragon’s tooth from scepter.. you have to be really lucky for this to hit in WvW maybe flame blast would be good add initial Damage to it then burn.

I haven’t really used Focus so I don’t have any input on that..

What do you guys think?

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

Hi personally I think they should make a full revamp of the ele.. like transfer some skills to other weapons (WvW Perspective)

1. Dragon’s Tooth I feel this should be transferred to Staff maybe change it with either burning retreat or Flame Blast.

Meteor Shower should be changed tbh it’s useless in WvW unless your defending.. maybe instead of randomly placed meteors it should have a long cast time but 1 big meteor will drop dealing damage to the area sorta like a bigger version of Dragon’s Tooth without the Warning..

D/D is fine in other areas but RTL should be reverted to it’s old form.

Remove Dragon’s tooth from scepter.. you have to be really lucky for this to hit in WvW maybe flame blast would be good add initial Damage to it then burn.

I haven’t really used Focus so I don’t have any input on that..

What do you guys think?

I think that the main problem of the class is the design of the mechanic (mainly traits) and the huge number of bugged traits and abilities, weapon skills are secondary problem.

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

[Class balance weekly meeting, elementalist discussion]

“Do the nerfs, let the bugs”

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

[Class balance weekly meeting, elementalist discussion]

“Do the nerfs, let the bugs”

“Hmm, I saw a video on YT of Ele beating a Warrior, they are OP don’t you think?”

:D

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Sensotix.4106

I know ele is pretty weak atm and therefore i would suggest that anet stops this buffing..they need to start nerfing the dmg overall

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

One word: underpowered.

Why? Devs think more weak skills equal 1 good skill. Totallly PLAIN wrong. Time (cast time/After cast/positioning) is an opportunity cost. A Warrior Eviscerate time cost is incredible low for the amount of damage it does. to equal this damage, ele must spam 5 of their better skill (and then have long cooldown). The first underpowered thing is time. Ele needs more time to do the same. Ele must take more risk to do the same (low armor/hp). 3 Cooldown cost is to high compared to other classes. You cant make them weaker AND longer cooldown at same time.

Anet looked at Daphoenix, took HIM as example to nerf ele. Incredible bad decision. That player is so good, that 99,999% of the ele base will never be as skilled as he is. And yet you nerfed ele because he showed what he (not the rest of player base) can do with Ele.

And another obvious problem: Anet wants casual friendly pvp. That is never gonna happen. Not when you try to maintain balance also. Like confusion nerf was stupid. Nobody uses it anymore that should say enough. Even before nerf, not much people used it because smart people just stopped attacking. But this wasn’t casual friendly so they nerfed it. They nerfed ele cause it wasnt casual friendly to ‘new warrior/guard’ players to fight a skilled Ele. Such a wrong mindset.

Ele = not casual friendly now. It’s to hard to play nowadays. You broke your own rule Anet. (and many others at same time).

Step 1: Admit the mistake, stop hiding behind your desk.

Step 2: Rol back some nerfs, add boosts elsewhere.

Step 3: While casual friendly is nice, and should definitely be considered when designing skills, it cannot be nr1 priority. Drop this aspect to third/fourth priority. Balance, fun of use, should definitely be ranked higher.

Step 4: If Ncsoft/Anet leader is the one responsible for all this trouble cause he is the one ordering these mistake to the employee’s, then the problem must be fixed at the top. Get out of your ‘paradise dreamworld’ leader. Take real decission. Step away from your own stubborness. Listen to the playerbase (especially 2k+ playtime players, that take the time to put together well argumented forum posts). These are WAY to often ignored lately. Humans are not perfect. But a game community has so much players wanting to help that there has to be a good suggestion in about every discussion out there. IF you can’t put a solution yourself, stop being stubborn, let go of your own (bad) idea, and use the playerbase idea. Anet really has failed on this lately.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Elementalist

Sensotix.4106

they will never roll back nerves…they will buff other things about ele i think

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

they will never roll back nerves…they will buff other things about ele i think

actually they are already rolling back somehow old nerfs….

Gliph of renewal
Scepter
Staff

Each of those was nerfed to oblivion with the intention of seeing those disappear and pushing people on DD.

Then same was done with DD and now they are pushing into conjured and reverting some old nerfs.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeckerDontPlay.1639

DeckerDontPlay.1639

RTL nerf needs to be reversed, healing needs to be buffed, traits and CD’s need to be adjusted. You cant design a cloth melee class and take away its survivability. Warriors are just as mobile (and always were) and have better healing now….Nerfing certain aspects of one class while giving them to another is not the answer

Sixes – KUM – Maguuma

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I would like for signet of restoration to get buffed or something. The unintentional procs that we lost(bug fix) was really a big hit.

I think think a buff to the active is in order and would really help the signet. Increase the active for signet heal to 4,000 with same scaling might help.

It still has its long cooldown when compared to some other signet heals of other classes. Maybe even decrease the cooldown to 20 seconds on the active.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Sensotix.4106

awesome comments so far again

in Elementalist

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Well from my experience thus far, the elementalist is the hardest profession I’ve leveled.

in Elementalist

Lostwingman.5034

Well from my experience thus far, the elementalist is the hardest profession I’ve leveled.

At least until you get to lvl 40, spec 20 into Fire and get conjurer to LH your way through mobs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Then when you hit 80 and try anything PvP related (hiding beyind a zerg doesn’t count) it goes back to be impossible.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gavoll.9085

Gavoll.9085

Yeah, I’ve had it. I have been up and down, back and forth across the talents. I’ve spent more gold on respec than anything else in the game, just LOOKING for something viable.

Nothing. My build advice is to try and get every talent that ele has in the menu. If your game is not bugged, then it won’t work, and you should go with another class.

Really. That’s what it would currently take. You would need every single talent slot occupied. Don’t get me wrong. We have great talents and interesting skills, and a fun mechanic. It just. Doesn’t. Work.

The burst is unreliable, and a bunny could 1 shot you. The bunker is not bunker. Trying to balance will get you monumental failures. 2 of our 5 traitlines are pointless to explore, and 1 traitline is absolutely mandatory for ALL areas of the game. Mandatory for more failure.

And what’s wrong with conjures (other than they also don’t work)? If they were viable, I’d throw one in. At this point, I’d wear a funny hat and go all the way into the new Cancer traitline if it meant I could have some fun.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I just realized something if the proposed leak to conditions that stack duration is true then Fiery eruption will be nerfed because it is 6 stacks of burning.

Also in regards to burning if you hit all of your drakes breath for the 4 stacks(12 sec) then you can only stack burning 1 more time until one of the the other stacks wears off. It’s not a huge deal since it is a long duration and you should be able to attune back to fire by time it wears off if it hasnt been wiped.

Hmm not sure how I feel about this change. I know people are complaining about the condition meta and its obvious just looking at this rumored change that it would definitely be a nerf to conditions overall. At the same time it kind of hurts elementalists.

I am not a condi build but I do have 5 celestial trinkets and 20 in earth so my burns usually hover around 500 ish damage with might stacks in a normal fight and that burning is pretty important for me to counter classes with good sustained healing like some ranger builds and warriors running signet.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

The other thing is that quite frequently we’re expected to get rapid procs of 1 or 2 sec Burns in some things. Now if these are applied after Drake’s Breath, for example, you have to wonder if the smallest duration stack is consumed first (which would be logical, make it so that the shorter stacks are zipped out of there ASAP) or if it’ll be waiting for each of the 3 sec Burns from Drake’s Breath to burn out (hah!) just so you can apply more than one of your small duration Burns.

in Elementalist

Sensotix.4106

what do you think after the patch?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

I think it went exactly where it should go so far.Staff now has the best mobility among all staff users with 1with air +burning retreat(phase retreat mesm excluded cause of z axis :P ).Infact it has comparable mobility to what s/d had with all rtl :O

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

what do you think after the patch?

Still need more testing, but initial impressions:

-One with air only worthwhile if you are taking conjures (to abuse leaps), works pretty well with lava axe
-Burning retreat change = awesome, esp on lava axe, which now gives mobility to any weapon set on par with old RtL (air swap—>turn—>burning retreat—>turn—>flame leap). I might actually consider playing /F now.
-Ice bow is awesome now. Deep freeze might be useful in a ranged nuker role (where the enemy won’t see the projectile, which is slow as sin), but ice storm is OP (every ice ball hits, it seems) and point-blank frost fan is a good bit of dps. I can see teams taking eles with frost bow just to have two people nuke the whole point with simultaneous ice storm. This will see play on teams.

Edit:
- Conjure earth shield is actually pretty good. A good number of blocks/invuln, and the pull is really powerful (also unblockable). It could be used for coordinated kills by pulling groups to a location and nuking ontop of the ele at the pull location. I can see some enterprising teams using this to good effect. (magnetic pull—>foritify would even let the ele live!)

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in Elementalist

Sensotix.4106

I am really glad they did this patch for ele but I am quite disappointed about the rest of the patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

I really hoped that they would tone down conditions and CCs (they were talking about it constantly?) but there was nothing in that direction except the bug-fix of the sigil. Until they take care of that we’ll propably never see the full potential of eles. DEVs said it on their own: “elementalists are propably ok for the most port once we tone down condition-spam and cc-spam”. I want to believe that, but honestly I don’t want to wait another 4 months to see what happens next.
The buffs partly went in the right direction, I love the new unsteady ground, I appreciate their effort to make conjures viable. But overall the “great balance”-patch really hasn’t changed anything. Conjures may need further testing but like I stated in another thread they will never be viable until they change their “on-demand accessibility”.
Why did they (slightly) nerf support (boon-spam)?

I still think that the real problems are located within the core-mechanics of the game. Maybe I’m just prejudiced by other games but GW2 is my first MMORPG where PvP is really really horrible. Thinking back even RuneScape may have been less frustrating. I don’t like half-baked things, so maybe they shouldn’t have implemented PvP at all – they would have less flame on the forums

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

(edited by Gorni.1764)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Gorni I agree with you 100% and I actually agree with Devs.

I just wish they’d give us a date, stick to it and stop trying to pull the wool over our eyes with patches to shiny conjures and useless traits.

Yes, it is a useless 20 air trait. The things you could take over it are big.

We would be well off in a situation where we aren’t so focused even. I’m not sure if that means giving us evades or stealth or what, but we need something. I’ve suspended gem buying until ele is fixed as well.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ajax.4970

Ajax.4970

I main a Warrior but have 6 level 80s all with multiple sets of exotics and some ascended for various builds and I have to say that of all of them the Elementalist is in the worst state by far.

The main source of the issue I would say is that the majority of the useful defensive/mobility skills required to survive have cooldowns just aren’t comparable to those used by other classes, they’re all massively long by comparison. e.g. Burning Retreat 20 sec CD compared to Phase Retreat 10 sec cooldown and can be traited much lower.

You can’t survive any pressure at all and I have to say that the Elementalist is pretty much where the Warrior was many months ago. It has useful tools but no sustain to actually be of use in combat under any sort of pressure.

Attunement swaps take way too long compared to weapon swaps cooldown. Having no weapon swaps locks you into a single style of play, staff only ranged red cirlces, daggers only melee etc. Other classes can have flexibility of having range and melee swaps, why isn’t the Elementalist able to have two attunements with one weapon set and two with another so you can melee range earth swap for a defensive style of play and weapon swap to have long range in water for supporting allies or fire for long range AoE’s.

Overall though sustain for the Elementalist needs to be improved massively and it nots something that can wait 4 months they’re in a terrible state right now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ubaminotaur.1059

Ubaminotaur.1059

My main was an ele but found the survivability lacking, I had to work a lot harder with the ele to get anywhere in wvw. I got frustrated and leveled a mesmer and have never looked back. I now have a chance in ww and actually win some duels. I only use my ele for crafting and until the ele has some major changes that’s how it will stay.

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

I main a Warrior but have 6 level 80s all with multiple sets of exotics and some ascended for various builds and I have to say that of all of them the Elementalist is in the worst state by far.

The main source of the issue I would say is that the majority of the useful defensive/mobility skills required to survive have cooldowns just aren’t comparable to those used by other classes, they’re all massively long by comparison. e.g. Burning Retreat 20 sec CD compared to Phase Retreat 10 sec cooldown and can be traited much lower.

You can’t survive any pressure at all and I have to say that the Elementalist is pretty much where the Warrior was many months ago. It has useful tools but no sustain to actually be of use in combat under any sort of pressure.

Attunement swaps take way too long compared to weapon swaps cooldown. Having no weapon swaps locks you into a single style of play, staff only ranged red cirlces, daggers only melee etc. Other classes can have flexibility of having range and melee swaps, why isn’t the Elementalist able to have two attunements with one weapon set and two with another so you can melee range earth swap for a defensive style of play and weapon swap to have long range in water for supporting allies or fire for long range AoE’s.

Overall though sustain for the Elementalist needs to be improved massively and it nots something that can wait 4 months they’re in a terrible state right now.

Thank you man, you’ve just restored my belief that ppl with brain still exists on these forums, totally agree with you, and you’re like the first person who mains another proffesion than Ele and posted a reply which makes sense, thanks again

#ELEtism 4ever