Static Field Nerf

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Devon.9375

Devon.9375

“The radius of this ability has been decreased from 240 to 180”

“This had an unintended effect of making it easier to move around within the static field and avoid the stun while also avoiding enemy attacks.”

Uhh… ? I main staff ele (have 3 eles that only use staves) roaming/small group in WvW and this has never been the case. Whenever I land a static field people always instantly run out. I have never seen a single person try to stay in the field for the whole 4 seconds just to avoid a 2 second CC unless they had a block (in which case the change does not effect anything). That makes sense seeing as how you will take more damage sitting inside a small 240 box than you will during that 2 seconds of being CCed. And this is assuming they don’t have some passive that activates when CCed, or have stability, or some way to teleport out (which is every class).

The only thing this change did was make it harder to land the static field during its .75s cast time, especially if you played a lot of staff ele and are used to placing it to where people run out of the field the same moment it is finished casting, plus reduced the area pressure that eles have in WvW now that the CC is 25% smaller.

“We are reducing the radius back to the original value to make the skill more effective.”
“make the skill more effective”
“skill more effective”
“more effective”
“more”

???

Nice balance team :^)

(edited by Devon.9375)

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Lol, you still play Elly…

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

This is pretty good honestly. Before you could dodge roll while inside the Static Field. Now you cannot. I’m glad they did this.

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Will take getting used to…

More of a little prison now than a big wall. Easier for people to walk around it if they are outside the field now that it is smaller. But yeah they can’t really dodge or move around within the field anymore, which is good.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It has a higher skill cap for sure now but its more effect at locking players down in both big fights and small fights.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

But now players who try to run out will be stunned and still be within any AoEs. I find it hard to decide whether this is really much of a nerf. You can still plant the field at the edge of a player hitbox for an instant stun, so that trick still exists. But now players can’t just walk around a Lava Font if they’re careful. The old size would allow someone to sit on the edge to avoid it while not being stunned. For how the skill functions, the bigger radius gave unintended options to enemies.

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mini Crinny.6190

Mini Crinny.6190

i feel its really good now

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

I only really do PvE where I use this as a wall to slow mobs down, so I was expecting a smaller radius to be a downside. But thankfully I haven’t really noticed a difference, still seems just as effective when placed well.

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

Well…. depending on your perspective, it’s both a nerf AND a buff. Guess you’ll just have to be more precise with your placement.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

All that was needed to make it more “effective” is apply the stun like engineer’s field. Pulsing stun inside the nice and big field, as before. Tada, problem solved.
If it was even a problem. Which it kinda wasn’t. It’s just more difficult to place the field now as it’s much smaller and people run around it instead :P

Just leave this in PvP (where nobody in their right mind uses staff anyway)

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

All that was needed to make it more “effective” is apply the stun like engineer’s field. Pulsing stun inside the nice and big field, as before. Tada, problem solved.

Unless I’ve misread what you’re asking for, that would be a stronger effect than Gravity Well.

Slick Shoes is the only engineer effect I can think of off the top of my head that applies a pulsing CC. Thunderclap can feel like it, but it only has an initial stun when it first lands – any additional dazes come from exploiting the lightning field with leap finishers.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Unless I’ve misread what you’re asking for, that would be a stronger effect than Gravity Well.

Slick Shoes is the only engineer effect I can think of off the top of my head that applies a pulsing CC. Thunderclap can feel like it, but it only has an initial stun when it first lands – any additional dazes come from exploiting the lightning field with leap finishers.

Hey, they wanted to buff it, right? Could do just one pulse to stun anyone who is inside immediately (and normal “even if you try to blink out still get stunned”). Or do it like overload and have it apply damage. As of right now placing static in normal dynamic WvW is way harder and people just run around it cause it’s microscopic compared to, say, air overload.

And, ahahaha, nobody uses staff ele in PvP. As usual PvP makes everyone else’s life worse

Static Field Nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nyx.6532

Nyx.6532

it seems really wierd that they believe this was a buff :/
as a long range ele player i find the continual nerfing of staff builds vs. current builds to be very saddening :/
there is simply too many gab closers and CC is way to easy to counter and last to short to be viable to keep people at a distance, which means go tanky or you will have problems with a staff (or hide behind/in a zerg all the time)..

hoped they would give range love with this next expansion but looks like its more melee power

edit: if you had the problem op described you simply didn’t know how to use it (and you couldn’t really hide anywhere in the old circle if you did it right, as well as op says, no one would ever stay in it as CC immunities are growing on the tree’s in gw2 and even if they noob up and get stunned without Any CC break rdy its only 2 sec which means very little

(edited by Nyx.6532)