Stats you wanna hit for WvW Roaming?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

Now that I’m done with my legendary, I wanna get a roaming build set up, but I’m unsure what to buy/make.
I was wondering how much I should generally have for each stat, like 16k Health or 2k Power or something, pre-food/buffs/etc. for a Classic D/D build; I need to Mix and Match stat types and since I have very little Tailor, I have to go for Exotic for now.
I definitely don’t plan on making any Celestial gear outside of two Ascended Rings I already have and of course my Incinerator which I can always change.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Usually I find having about 1900-2000 power sufficient, since a lot of your power will also come from maintained might stacks as well, so it doesn’t hurt to have much of a lower spectrum of this. 30% crit rate is what I usually shoot for too, as with high fury uptime of eles you’ll get a 50% crit chance pretty much. As far as toughness goes I usually try to stay above 2600 armor. Any less imo is a bit too squishy and pretty susceptible to bursts. Vitality is usually one of my lesser worries of stats since I almost always run at least 4 or 6 in water, but 1400 vitality is usually a great mark to hit for it. 1300ish is fine as well. This is all my personal opinions for my ele roam builds but you can shoot for anything higher or lower in value

What I like about making ele roaming builds is where a lot of different specs and classes can’t really take full advantage of mix and matched sets, eles are pretty much one of the main exceptions to that where having a diverse set of armors is usually a good thing Nowdays using a mix of anything with Knights/Zerkers/Cavalier/Soldiers is usually good :P

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

in general i shoot for 15k+ vitality 1500-1600 tougness 400+ healing 1.9-2k power.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

I generally go half cele, a quarter knights and the rest cleric. Try to not go beyond 17k hp (20k with food + fortitude), keep toughness above 1500, and at least 30 critical chance, and 170 critical dmg. Of course, we all have our individual preference, mine is the cleric gear thrown in for dem heals. I main elementalist dd and have played it for ages in wvw and PvP, so please ask away in gw2 or here.
Also, use hoelbrak runes, not strength. It’s worth blowing a Lil might for the – condi duration.
Don’t use bloodlust sigils. Doom and battle ftw

For you, here’s the best gear setup:
Armor: knights with hoelbrak rune. (tp and tp)
Weapons: cele incinerator and a zerker dagger (anywhere).
Trinkets: cele rings, cleric accessories (tp), soldier or cavalier back piece (karma merchants in orr) and amulet. Cele would be good, its only 20 laurels and 250 badges, or just use soldier’s, knights, cavaliers or clerics.

That all being said, it really comes down to your personal preference, whether it be rubberbanding hp, hybrid, or dps but glassy.

Please add and message Henrik.7560 (Zorrgax) ingame for any assistance! I am on blackgate server incase if youre on any of the tier 1 servers.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

in general i shoot for 15k+ vitality 1500-1600 tougness 400+ healing 1.9-2k power.

Might be just me, but 1500 toughness is really low.

in Elementalist

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

in Elementalist

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

For me personally its incredibly fun to play glass staff ele in WvWvW. Yes you do have to accept the fact that if you are not careful you will die more easily but boy… That feeling when you pour down a Meteor Shower on a 30+ man golem zerg trying to take down keep inner, then you follow with frost bow and fiery GS, with interchangeably putting down fire fields and arcane blasts on the zerg… Priceless.

Many WvWvW staff eles like to take cantrips to escape when things get rough (sometime even two of them like “Lightning flash” and “Mist Form” ) and go full PVT/Celestial at the same time. I consider that to be a complete waste of huge ele DPS potential. Yes fields are nice but still what use of an ele if he/she is only good for laying down fields and no DPS?

EDIT: I just saw now that you are asking for a roaming build. In that case scrap my remark, you won’t do that much as a staff ele roamer (unless in group of two or more). You are far better of with D/D or S/D but still with offensive stats in mind. It can be pretty hard do master D/D for example but its very rewarding after that.

(edited by holodoc.5748)