Stealth fix for Arcane utils?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ray.3780

Ray.3780

Since the patch I’ve been paranoid my Arcane Shield and Arcane Wave have dropped from 1100ish on the tooltip to around 900. Anyone else notice this? Wiki says there was an issue with how the tooltip was calculated so wondering if this is just a tooltip fix or a secret/accidental nerf, and if anyone else has noticed anything.

I feel like I never used to see an Arcane Shield or Wave do below 2k in spvp but I’m seeing it since the patch.

I could be crazy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

It’s not just you, it has been stealth nerfed. It doesn’t hit as hard as before.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

…I’m not even sure what to say. I hope this is a joke or a mistake.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

WHAT THE kitten

in Elementalist

Posted by: NYRKKIPAULA.8051

NYRKKIPAULA.8051

Yeah truly a stealth “fix”…. GG anet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

GG Fresh Air burst nerfed. Our only lifeline left to spvp has been lost.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilentSam.1589

SilentSam.1589

went to see for myself and tested on some dummies not accurate tests but tests non the less with out might to a heavy arcane wave hit for about 1640 and to a light 1978 and with might to a heavy 1863 and light 2089 on average. Didn’t get to test out the shield Never really payed much attention to values before

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

GG Fresh Air burst nerfed. Our only lifeline left to spvp has been lost.

You mean folks bothered with fresh air build Come back and join your dnd brothers

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

^You mean join the rest of us who sit in LA and talk trash to people in map chat. Cuz that’s about all ele is good for anymore. They’ve destroyed every single viable build with each patch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

To try to be on the positive side, I noticed that the tooltip for arcane blast now says 1500 range instead of 1200. But based on the ridiculous ranges it could hit from before, it may just be a tooltip fix.

Edit: This skill’s range is now about 2000.. Just used it from its max range (not based on the red bar underneath the skill because that’s inaccurate, but based on repeated usage and moving back), used RtL from that range, took one step back and couldn’t hit a lightning strike.

And this was all done on pretty level ground.

#ELEtism

(edited by Zeon.8239)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

I didn’t test the specific skills cited on this thread but it felt “weird” for me to play with scepter and focus since 17 patch, less effective I’d say, but can’t yet tell why.
Maybe it’s just me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

There’s definitely a change in the tooltip.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJArYhMmIblxzgjDIEFmAKIeYBOAHWUEDzAA-ToAg0CvICSFkLITQygsBNKYKC

This is the build I had been using for the past month and the dmg numbers on arcane utilities haven’t been updated yet on the gw2skills.net, but a couple of weeks ago these were the numbers I saw with Arcane Wave and Blast being around 934 base. Now it’s 714 base with the same build. That’s almost a 25% nerf in damage. Thanks Anet.

I was wondering why a couple of days ago I wasn’t hitting as hard as I remembered.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

they will never admit the nerf, they will say they noticed the tooltip was wrong and fixed damage accordingly

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

So we aren’t allowed to bunker, even though every other class including thief can. We aren’t allowed to be mobile. We aren’t allowed to have a burst build even though every single other class can. So what are we supposed to do? Ele has no role in the game anymore.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Sure it is not the tooltips matching the damage now? The tooltips always were too high for Arcane skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

There doesn’t appear to be any significant damage decrease.

The old videos I have show it hitting for 3k-3.4k against a heavy golem, which is pretty much what I’m hitting them for now.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

I’d rather have the damage from Arcane Wave completely removed and its cooldown halved. An 15s instant blast finisher would actually be useful.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ray.3780

Ray.3780

Then Arcane Blast would be a measly projectile finisher. A Low CD shield would be ok I guess.

still my opinion that arcane damage has fallen.

in Elementalist

Nikkinella.8254

I’d be ok with them lessening the damage on arcane shield or even removing it altogether if they reduced it to like 15 sec cooldown. being able to block 3 attacks every 15 sec would open up a ton of other build possibilities. We could try more riskier builds and maybe revive some of the old ones they destroyed when they nerfed our mobility, condition cleansing, and healing to hell and back.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They are probably ashamed to what they did to the elementalist class so when they are ordered to add new nerf (by some sort of higher dark spiritual force) they put them in without telling anyone…

You just have to wonder why they insist on making that clkitten and less playable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

So we aren’t allowed to bunker, even though every other class including thief can. We aren’t allowed to be mobile. We aren’t allowed to have a burst build even though every single other class can. So what are we supposed to do? Ele has no role in the game anymore.

You can bunker still you just can’t bunker aswell if you put 10 points in Air. The better bunker spec is 20 in earth, 20 water, 30 arcana if your intent is to bunker then Rock solid is a must.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Well it seems I’m getting killed/damaged in vapor form. Le nerf.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

It seems to be a tool tip fix.

Previously the value shown is the critical attack value, because arcane guaranteed a crit.

Currently it is showing the base attack value, to be inline with all other abilities.

I have not noticed any decrease in my damage output.