Stealth for eles

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

25 point minor fire trait: Upon attuning to fire, make a smoke field around you.

Makes way more sense than shooting someone with an arrow and suddenly, stealth!

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The flavor of a camouflaged hunter does makes sense. The skill in question is called Hunter’s Shot, as well.

For an elementalist, it makes less so, except in water. Our smoke field in water was a very creative idea, as it makes us “transform” into water itself.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Actually the stealth mechanic can be easily implemented on eles, from a lore point of view an ele should be able to attain invisibility through the manipulation of light, a smoke screen on land would work too

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

Feels too mesmery or thief-like, honestly. But maybe we can make it work, like having eles stealth only within fire fields radius, especially those where the flaming animation is clearer. Like flamewall.

Focus trait, “Turn to Flames” -> You gain stealth and regen while within a Flamewall.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

I recall suggesting changing Persisting Flames into a trait that makes fire fields into smoke fields in the past.

Making Flamewall a smoke field instead of fire field would work and make up for the low damage it applies. Focus is defensive in nature anyhow. No regen though.

And if people say eles shouldn’t have smoke fields – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Murky_Water (underwater skill, but still..).

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

My regen suggestion was based on the flavor of an elementalist absorbing the flames into their body and gaining health back.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

I would like to see Glyph of Storms provide respective fields for your attunement, with Sandstorm in earth being a smoke field. That would at least give me a reason to use Glyph of Storms, haha.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

DiogoSilva: I don’t see why there should be a trait for making ONE horrible skill worthwhile. The skill should be worth casting without sacrificing a trait. It could be a smoke field, so that you can reap the benefits with a blast finisher or leap only, making it possible to stack invisibility as focus has poor movement.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva: I don’t see why there should be a trait for making ONE horrible skill worthwhile. The skill should be worth casting without sacrificing a trait. It could be a smoke field, so that you can reap the benefits with a blast finisher or leap only, making it possible to stack invisibility as focus has poor movement.

That was just a creative suggestion. It didn’t take balance in mind.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tadayoshi.2815

Tadayoshi.2815

25 point minor fire trait: Upon attuning to fire, make a smoke field around you.

Makes way more sense than shooting someone with an arrow and suddenly, stealth!

Acutally ranger stealth on arrow makes a lot of sense. Especially in terms of lore and the help of nature.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Why does Ele need stealth? Ranger got a stealth on a weapon that needed a much needed buff. Just because one class has things elementalist doesn’t that doesn’t mean elementalists need it.

Balance in a good RPG is based on what your class/build lacks that other classes/builds have and what you have that others don’t. If every class has the same thing, what’s the point in having classes? Ele’s don’t need stealth. They need to have other things besides that.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Benji.9203

Benji.9203

Fire magic does need a buff but I’m actually not a fan of the idea of self stealth for eles. If eles had stealth it would be pretty OP IMO.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

The focus could use it. Not so much the other weapons. Eles already have a smoke field. Not like it would make the class OP by making one lousy skill usefull in focus. I am sure Anet finds a way to make things work without stealth, eventually.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Mist/vapor form is our “stealth” except we can’t be hit the way any other class that stealths can be. I’d prefer mist over stealth any day.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

we can stealth already but only under water. I’d love to have it available on land as well.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

Stealth on ele would be a defensive mechanic.

Fire is not a defensive trait line or attunement.

If we get it, it should be in earth, same as the underwater smoke field is already.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

You know that I am definitely in favor of a fire tree overhaul McLoud, and that minor trait definitely need to be changed because it is redundant, but not with stealth.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

I personally feel stealth isn’t our cup of tea. Our fire trait line should focus more on damage and offense, not escape tools.

All fire really needs is a few good, impactful damage traits and a couple traits increasing condition effectiveness and it’d be golden. 5% on burning and 10% in fire attunement is not nearly impactful enough.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I remember Hunters Shot, it does bleeding (GW1).
Personally I hate stealth. I use a sceptre focus, which gives you 3 skills to fight stealth and 2 auto attacks that you have to move your camera into the ground to get them to fire forward and not down. Once someone stealths against a S/F its gg. Whereas with a dagger main hand you can auto attack someone till your heart is content.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Rather than a trait changing fields into smokefields, how about having it add a short 1-2 sec smoke field when a fire field expires?

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

My regen suggestion was based on the flavor of an elementalist absorbing the flames into their body and gaining health back.

Hmmm… maybe a new ability?
“Absorb all your fire fields and disappear in the smoke, gaining stealth”
With some formula for the duration… like 1/2 of the duration left on those fields?
Also with healing and it might make an interesting heal

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

i wanna sneak up on somebody and smack them with a churning earth out of nowhere. if you think thieves back stab is bad just think about churning earth then immediately go to fire for fire grab or switch to air with a scepter for the lightning burst.

would be sooooooo much crying.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

i wanna sneak up on somebody and smack them with a churning earth out of nowhere. if you think thieves back stab is bad just think about churning earth then immediately go to fire for fire grab or switch to air with a scepter for the lightning burst.

You would defiantly need to do this from range and teleport in, as the first CE hit would reveal you.

Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

You would defiantly need to do this from range and teleport in, as the first CE hit would reveal you.

that would be the point on the fresh air burst build, stealth up to enemy activate churning earth it hits you get revealed immediately switch to air get the f3 switch attack, pop the 2 lightning bolts, RTL, updraft switch to fire, fire grab then use a arcane blast or wave then go back to air and re burst again since the arcane skills always crit.
or use the arcane power i think its called for 5 guaranteed crits.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

Are you sure it reveals you? It doesn’t deal damage.

Either way I always hated that short cripple hit- it’s only 1sec, so it doesn’t really help and it makes CE a channeling skill, which sucks.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

Also, stealth fire grab.

Stealth for eles

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

Also, stealth fire grab.

Stealth Cleansing Fire Fire Grab. Muhahaha