Stone Flesh + balance idea for might nerf

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

Stone Flesh, the first minor trait in earth (+ 120 tough while attuned to earth), is not activating in pvp. I tested it out, both in and out, of combat (even though it says nothing about being combat only trait) Fix Please =)

Next is and idea of a better balance for ele on upcoming Battle/Might nerf. This nerf is going to hit ele’s HARD. Waaaay harder that other classes since we really depend on battle to have any real attacking power. So here’s my idea, swap either the useless #3 or #5 minor traits in Arcana for “Gain might on attunement swap” Give it the same cool-down as battle. Warriors have the same minor trait for weapon swapping in their bottom line, so show us ele’s some love since we’re getting “kittened” on more than the rest with this upcoming patch

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

The only Ele’s this is hitting hard is Cele Ele’s. If you want real attacking your going to hae to leave the Cele amulet. And we do have might on attunement swap its called Elemental Attunment and swap to fire 10s cd. As for stone flesh not working I haven’t tested it so i wouldn’t know. If you want real attacking power might isn’t the way to go dmg increaser’s from trait like stone splitters work much more efficiently and add a lot more dmg than 25 stacks of might.

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fiddle Irk.9710

Fiddle Irk.9710

I know about the swap to fire. I mean a stack on EVERY swap, so maybe Arcan 5 would be best to change. and as far as dropping celest, i’m talking in terms of balance and fairness. unless you’re in pve, ele is squishy and has to have x points in water (hp and healing) and arcana (to make use of fields). whether you run celest or not, if you play pvp or wvw, we’re running similar traits and still rely on battle for most of our power. Warriors have “Versatile Power” might on weapon swap, no cooldown, so wdf. I’d give up “Arcane Precision” a condi applied by chance on crit per attunement for even a cooldown might on swap in a heartbeat

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

trait like stone splitters work much more efficiently and add a lot more dmg than 25 stacks of might.

I doubt that

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

*he only Ele’s this is hitting hard is Cele Ele’s.

kek

in Elementalist

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

D/D cele elementalist was OP and this patch broutgh this build in line with the others. And you want a change to put it where it was before? Not gonna happen. If Anet judged it was worth nerfing, it means it was abit too strong to their standards of healthy pvp.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Pretty sure it is just a UI bug. People have reported this for a while, and it has been determined that it IS adding extra toughness.

There is the same problem with Tornado (although WHY would you ever use this skill if you don’t want to suicide for no reason) and plague form for necros.

Also, the battle nerf is justified and not that big of a deal. You are really underestimating the arcana minors if you think they are useless. Soothing mist and that extra armor from stone flesh rock. Those extra little burns or 3s of weakness from air can be pretty clutch. Weakness is REALLY strong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

Weakness is really strong, and to think you can almost constantly apply it to a target if you wish ….. not that I would use GoeP anymore.