Stone Heart

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Q:

Quick question:

Will stone heart work with lingering elements? Ex i go from earth straight into fire and am uncrittable for the next 5 seconds

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: dukevonart.2691

dukevonart.2691

Stone Heart will not work with Lingering Elements. Lingering Elements only effects the 5 point minor traits in each line (Flame Barrier, Zephyr’s Speed, Stone Flesh, and Soothing Mist)

Lingering Elements on the wiki.

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Right but is that just because there aren’t any other traits that provide a bonus to just 1 element?

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

there ara a lot of traits that affect just 1 attunement, lingering elements would be to op because there is a lot of traits that increase x% of damage while attuned to certain element

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

No, it won’t work with Lingering Elements. There was a dev post (I believe it’s Jon Sharp) about this where he said Lingering Elements would be too OP if it work for anything other than the 5 points traits. So yah, it will only work with the 5 points traits in each line.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: dukevonart.2691

dukevonart.2691

Sadly no, there are actually a fair number of traits that could potentially interact with Lingering Elements. Traits such as Internal Fire and Piercing Shards seem like they should interact with Lingering Elements but do not. As far as I know this was a decision made by the devs to limit the power of Lingering Elements.

edit: beaten to the reply several times over XD

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

Most of our +%dmg traits don’t work with LE, as has been said - I personally don’t see how making them do so would be OP, since to make use of several you’d need to burn through several attunement cooldowns (and not have any Arcana investment, since you’d spent points on the traits...) while only getting 1-2 seconds of the increased damage.

Stone Heart I can see being much more powerful if it worked with LE, though there will still always be at least 5s of downtime if the player switches out of Earth - I guess if it turns out to be poor it can get buffed in future, and I’m definitely in favour of starting new skills out weaker as opposed to creating new OP builds right out of this horrible meta.

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Most of our +%dmg traits don’t work with LE, as has been said – I personally don’t see how making them do so would be OP, since to make use of several you’d need to burn through several attunement cooldowns (and not have any Arcana investment, since you’d spent points on the traits…) while only getting 1-2 seconds of the increased damage.

My guess is that it would lead to some crazy Arcane-based spike builds. Or just imagine casting a meteor shower and switching through a few attunements to empower it.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

No, it’s only on Warrior (like Fast Hands and FP Sigils) where traits interacting with more than you’d expect are allowed.

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

If LE affected stone heart, it wouldn’t be fair for other 7 classes.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: elprimo.4398

elprimo.4398

Yep, ligering elements would be op if it worked with every attune bonus. Those 30/30/30/30/15 builds would be too OP.

If it worked with stone heart you could go almost 40% of uncrit-uptime, while attune dancing. Of course you would only have 25points left to spend. And a massive condi dmg boost from earth. Condi duration from fire. Too OP.

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

Yep, ligering elements would be op if it worked with every attune bonus. Those 30/30/30/30/15 builds would be too OP.

Don’t be stupid.

It’s clearly 10/20/0/10/15, with 15 points left.

Actually, you can take Stone Heart if you drop the Attuned to Air 10%, I guess just make it 10/0/30/10/20 with Stone Splinters and Rock Solid in Earth.
You’ll get a 10% plus 20% damage increase for 5 seconds every time you change between fire and water attunements while your foe has vulnerability.

It’s most definitely far too powerful, would get so much qq from people you died to.

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

elprimo.4398

Don’t be stupid.

Actually, you can take Stone Heart if you drop the Attuned to Air 10%, I guess just make it 10/0/30/10/20 with Stone Splinters and Rock Solid in Earth.
You’ll get a 10% plus 20% damage increase for 5 seconds every time you change between fire and water attunements while your foe has vulnerability.

It’s most definitely far too powerful, would get so much qq from people you died to.

Made my day.

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Eles have wanted this trait to affect traits other than the 5-point ones for quite a while now.

In particular, the various +10% DPS traits when attuned to a specific Element do not carry over for 5 seconds when swapping attunements. If they did, an attunement-swapping Ele could get some really awsome burst and sustained damage by dancing around attunements. Sadly a single-attunement camping Ele still retains considerably higher because of the way these traits were designed.

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

Don’t be stupid.

Made my day.

This is actually pretty relevant to my build right now.

I’m running zerker Staff (suicide bomber) in soloq, and get so much qq from foes I nuke to death while downed, or from allies who don’t seem to notice the 4 foes I killed while they were trying to res me.
Nobody’s on my side, and I still win, and it’s so much fun.

Wouldn’t work with these traits, though – while downed you can’t gain attunement-based buffs, and Lingering Elements is (even more) useless too.

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

Posted by: chris.6583

chris.6583

I’m running zerker Staff (suicide bomber) in soloq, and get so much qq from foes I nuke to death while downed, or from allies who don’t seem to notice the 4 foes I killed while they were trying to res me.

rly? can you post your build?

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

elprimo.4398

Eles have wanted this trait to affect traits other than the 5-point ones for quite a while now.

In particular, the various +10% DPS traits when attuned to a specific Element do not carry over for 5 seconds when swapping attunements. If they did, an attunement-swapping Ele could get some really awsome burst and sustained damage by dancing around attunements. Sadly a single-attunement camping Ele still retains considerably higher because of the way these traits were designed.

I think devs fear our class far too much. The only way to abuse de % traits would be Meteor Shower or Dragons Tooth. Then again you have to burn all your attunes which is highly impractical.

Isn’t attune dancing risk enough for high powered attacks?. I can loose count on how many times, I have updraft into fire burst just to realize I’m actually on water lol .

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

cheese.4739

rly? can you post your build?

TL;DR: kitten cheese you talk too much

Its current form:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vEAQFAWnMISLD2zAmOArEIACPCghCGF6QowCIKF2B-TkAg0CnIwRhjDHDOScs4MEB

Flame Axe is great for might stacking, mobility, and the pretty great damage from Flame Leap; Arcane Shield lets you get that MS off (or just plonk down a Lava Font on top of yourself when there’s a Thief trying to burst).
Brilliance/Wave are primarily might stacking, though can get some pretty great heals from Brilliance in busy midfights. Tornado... yeah, that. Nuke, cast ’nado off point, run in and knock everyone over.

It’s useful if you want to shy away from fights, stay back, unleash AoEs to aid your allies in a point then double-Burning-Retreat away... but it’s so much more fun to lay down the damage then run in. You haven’t lived as a zerker staff until you’ve gotten downed, then caught someone stomping you in a damage-boosted Lava Font + Lava font + Meteor Shower.

Most zerker staffers seem to go with Scholar runes and Vital Striking; I avoided those, knowing I’ll get focused hella hard anyway so might as well make use of it. Extra damage while downed, Lava Font while downed, extra damage while near a foe.

Once downed, just try to save Vapor Form until 6 seconds in if you possibly can - that’s 1s invuln, 6s downed, 3s Vapor Form... and you’re downed again and have placed another Font.

In soloq it’s pretty great, anyway - the broken meta builds (hambow with that Endure Pain stomp or Vengeance stomp; any Pistol Whip Thief who can catch me alone and isn’t stupid) are nasty, but I can hold my own in many 1v1 situations and defintely contribute to teamfights through huge dps or might sharing or drawing focus (and *then* outputting the huge dps once enemies think I’m no longer a threat).
My #1 frurstration in soloq right now is definitley folks who don’t pay attention to ally health vs enemy health, and either don’t res, or don’t stomp, or do try to stomp but in entirely the wrong situations - but I guess at least a few of them are thinking ’oh look that idiot ele got downed again can they not just l2p I’m not even going to res them’, because people are selfish dafties.

It could potentially be *really* fun in teamq, with a team that knows what to do while downed and with whom it would be much easier to communicate position and strategy... but I’ve not had a chance to play in a proper premade yet.
Everyone I know well seems to have gotten sick of the horribly infrequent balance updates and left.

Anyway yeah, um, oops. I’ve been meaning to record some games and put together a video, then make a full post about how much *fun* the suicide bomber is. I’ll try to get on that soon. Maybe.

(edited by cheese.4739)

Stone Heart

in Elementalist

elprimo.4398

@cheese Sounds like fun. I know what I’ll be doing tonigh.