Stone Splinters?

Stone Splinters?

in Elementalist

Posted by: red.2387

red.2387

Why was Stone Splinters not rolled into some other Earth trait? Was I the only one that actually used this in a build?

Stone Splinters?

in Elementalist

red.2387

I guess it’s possible that this is a Tempest trait now.

Stone Splinters?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

I was disappointed as well, this is an important trait, I am always using it on pve… helps to boost our damage.

I am going to miss it, I hope they will reconsider and put it back maybe on another line. There are few useless traits that they kept like “Stop, Drop and Roll” this one could give his place I believe.

Stone Splinters?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

They did it to focus the trait lines.

Earth and Water had their DPS increasing traits removed because they are supposed to be primarily Defensive lines.

Instead, Arcana, which is a hybrid line, was given Bountiful Power as a GM trait, for another DPS increasing trait. PvE Ele will now take Fire + Air + Arcana for maximum damage.

Also, no, you weren’t the only one to use it. It was common in all of the max-DPS Ele builds in PvE. But again, Arcana’s Bountiful Power is what we now take instead if we want to go full damage. And the benefit of this is that Eles will now have access to all of the Arcana stuff (like Elemental Attunement, Renewing Stamina, Final Shielding) in a max DPS build.

Stone Splinters?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Yea, I’m pretty sure they stated it was an intentional removal somewhere. They didn’t want earth to be contributing so much to melee dps. It was kind of out of place tbh, tho i’m disappointed they didn’t roll it into anything else. Maybe it will be coming back on tempest.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Stone Splinters?

in Elementalist

red.2387

Also aren’t we just straight up losing 20% boon duration?

Stone Splinters?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Yes, but we gain an extra GM Trait and Elemental Attunement as Minor in Arcana. It more than makes up for it (you can take Elemental Contingency for more boons).

Stone Splinters?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Horus.9685

Horus.9685

Stone Splinters weas only used in Pve, and there we will just stick with fire air and water, screw earth, would be fine if bountiful power stayed in water though, then every trait would be a dps one :P

The meta is dead, long live the meta.

Stone Splinters?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Yes, but we gain an extra GM Trait and Elemental Attunement as Minor in Arcana. It more than makes up for it (you can take Elemental Contingency for more boons).

If only Elemental Contigiency wasn’t this bad.