Stone Splinters trait =10% damage?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Q:

Is this correct tooltip says 10% damage but I am getting +5% which was the old value pre patch.

Sooo I just tested in the mist with steady weapons using the stone splinters trait. Competely naked base stats.

Lightning whip should hit for 68+10%= 74.8

Instead I get 71 damage which is +5% damage

So as of right now it is still +5% damage

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

A:

I tested the exact same thing last night and yeah, it is not giving 10%.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

The patch notes specify 5% damage to bleeding targets. I’d say the tooltip is wrong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

Yes the patch note does say 5% and 20% increase to bleed duration but that is not under Stone Splitters as patch notes say. That is under Serrated Stones. So now my question is:
Did they mix up the “Stone Splitters” and “Serrated Stones” traits? Or is it just Stone Splitters should be a +5% increase damage within 600 range of your target?

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alesthes.4287

Alesthes.4287

This is pretty major and also quite surprising. That 5-10% can make a difference since D/D eles are obviously trying new builds to compensate for the nerf in the Water line.
You would say that in a patch heavily devoted to traits and skills rebalance they would have checked the tooltips before going live…
I hope we’ll get an answer about this soon: what is it intended? The tooltip or the trait as implemented atm?

- Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers Community
Piken Square – EU Unofficial RP server
Tarnished Coast – US Unofficial RP server

in Elementalist

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

Really need an answer to this! also..Do you have to be attuned to Earth to gain the bonus? or is it active at all times? The tool tip doesn’t specify like other traits do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alesthes.4287

Alesthes.4287

Really need an answer to this! also..Do you have to be attuned to Earth to gain the bonus? or is it active at all times? The tool tip doesn’t specify like other traits do.

Well, if it isn’t specified it’s because it is active in all attunements.
Otherwise there would be no reason to get it over attunement specific traits. Here the limitation is the close range within which the damage is buffed..

- Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers Community
Piken Square – EU Unofficial RP server
Tarnished Coast – US Unofficial RP server

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

I know it says 10% and its only 5%. I am sad and will continue to be sad if it stays at 5% but I will not be mad over it because the skill did get a buff. Before it used to be a 5% buff when within 50 range of your target and now it is within a 600 range so i am still glad at that.

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

I hardly thing they would give us a +10% damage trait at 10 points which is up regardless of attunement, probably a typo when they were swapping traits around

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in Elementalist

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

I posted this over in the bug forums, just fyi. Feel free to bump the thread there so it gets looked at.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

+10% would be neat though, and not overly insane compared to the new Serrated Stones, which adds +5% damage to bleeding opponents, and 20% bleed time increase, which is quite an adept trait. Besides, Stone Splinters has a range of 600, which limits its use to close quarter combat and primarily D/D.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I know it says 10% and its only 5%. I am sad and will continue to be sad if it stays at 5% but I will not be mad over it because the skill did get a buff. Before it used to be a 5% buff when within 50 range of your target and now it is within a 600 range so i am still glad at that.

The range was always 600, the description was just wrong. If it’s still 5%, that just means nothing changed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

We really could use an answer to this question as it’s quite a big deal.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Elementalist

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

I’d like to see this addressed, for sure.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Seeing as there’s a master trait that gives 10% damage in earth only, I don’t think they’ll give us 10% in all attunements as an adept trait. Other professions can have 10% damage without restrictions, sure, but not eles.