Stop drop and Roll Trait

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I wanted to bring this trait up for Elementalist to give it another look. Especially in sPvP dhuumfire and incendiary powder both have 10 second cooldown. Stop drop and roll also has a 10 second cooldown. It removes the conditions as soon as you initiate the dodge roll not at the end or mid way. If your running 30 points in Water and need some selfish condition management I would give this another look. It doesn’t require you to be in water either which is a plus to hold off on water attunement even longer.

We all know how much chill hurts a Ele bleeds we can manage, poison we can manage, confusion hurts us alot but if you have these 2 condis on you, a dodge roll swap into water should remove those 3 conditions regularly. You don’t have to worry about vulnerability covering these 2 harmful conditions.

Im trying it out in WvW for a few days with 20 in water to see if this makes a difference over cleansing wave.

Of every chill skill I can think of in the game this will be up before that will so you can keep it off of you all the time. Burning is a different story with engineers but burning is a big part of engi dps and as long as they arent running flamethrower you should also be able to keep this off you if you aren’t fighting them inside of the burning bomb or next to flame turret.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: TakeCare.3182

TakeCare.3182

Well, I have to say I am tempted. You make a very compelling case. I think I might try this soon.

YouTube channel
Thief | Mesmer | Elementalist

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Reckless.6325

Reckless.6325

It would seem like a very viable trait choice now. Im thinking this and the one that reduces cantrip cooldowns would be a great combo for 20 water. Especially with ether renewal to handle other condis

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

It would seem like a very viable trait choice now. Im thinking this and the one that reduces cantrip cooldowns would be a great combo for 20 water. Especially with ether renewal to handle other condis

With ether renewal your biggest issue is going to be getting interrupted but if it isn’t up this can be a fail safe. A engi is going to want to keep burning and confusion on you as much as possible but the difference between engi and necro is that engineers rely alot on burning dps in their condition builds because they can’t stack bleeds like a necro unless you afk into their grenades.

You always have cleansing flame as a back up emergency button if you want to run that too.

Also they fixed the trait it use to go on cooldown even if you didn’t have those conditions on you and dodge rolled it no longer does this only on cooldown if you remove those conditions.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

This trait is REALLY good, but in any sort of team play, Cleansing Wave’s AoE cleanse is just so much better than the selfish cleanse of Stop, Drop, and Roll. And given that D/D Eles truly excel at fighting with a team, it would seem traiting for team support would just be better in general.

If you’re running alone in something like solo roaming, it’s arguably better than Cleansing Wave, however.

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

I’ve always felt like the 10s CD is too steep, considering your other Master tier options. With many classes having relatively easy access to Burning, I could see it being difficult to control when this trait is put to effective use to counter Chill (especially if you’re also running Evasive Arcana). The only advantage is its independence from Water Attunement CD, but Soothing Disruption + Cleansing Water seems like a better means of achieving that.

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Actually the icd is very strong because every chill skill in game has just as long or longer cooldown most have longer cooldowns.

Burning isn’t common on many condition builds except engi, necro(even less now), ele trap ranger?

The engi is the only other class that can rival elementalist burn up time, and you need someone that fights inside the burning bomb or engi needs flamethrower and rocket boots. Removing their burning really cripples engi condi pressure. I don’t think many necro’s are running dhuumfire anymore and they can’t keep the uptime like before because it relies on life blast.

A good engi for example will cover the burns you blowing cantrips to cleanse works in his favor. When I fight a ele on my engi I expect the initial burn and confusion to be cleansed it’s the second app that sticks and usually I load the burning on second app. Stop drop would remove that. Remember also these are both duration stackers so multiple sources attempting to load you with either can be wiped in 1 dodge.

Still standard 30 water works for general purposes but against a engineer or necro with a staff and focus this trait is much better. Also keep in mind 30 trick thieves who steal every 21 1/2 second hitting you with a 10 second ice spike it’s a death sentence.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Just some credence to his claim, I’ve used this trait for two months and I love it.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I also want to bring up that a lot of rangers are starting to run Perma Chill builds… so this trait could be a god send if that build latches onto meta, since when i play my ele vs such a build it ruins me… kitten chill…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Id run it any day against cleansing wave tbh .No one in my team is gonna get any cleanses at all if im chilled out of water and cant cleanse in any other way. Too bad it removes burn and goes into cd most of the time since thats more common.But even then burn or chill or both its huge.Any condi removal outside of going into water is huge

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I’ve taken this on 0/0/2/6/6 celestial ele builds in pvp, and really like it as opposed to cleansing water. Specifically, if you are d/d and don’t take soothing wave/disruption, you are only getting 1 random cleanse/10s from water swaps and nothing else. With SDnR you can actually cleanse MORE condis in theory, and most importantly, you clear the strongest condis.

This choice is slightly more selfish, but its only a loss of 1 condi in a small 240 aoe range, for better self-survivability.

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flux Qemist.6712

Flux Qemist.6712

For dueling and roaming I’ve found it to be a much better option due to the way chill affects ALL cooldowns (Tyvm Maguma eles ;-) ). For group play I think cleansing wave is slightly better.

Stop drop and Roll Trait

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I think you’re all bad.

Bad Elementalist