Substitute for celestial armor?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Hey guys, I was wondering what armor you guys have been using to replace celestial since the introduction of ferocity, or if you guys still use it. Thanks.

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quakeman.9378

Quakeman.9378

Anyone?

Yoloswaginz- D/D thief SBI
Tyronee Biggums- Warrior SBI
“If fifty people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing”-Bertrand Russell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Colt.9051

Colt.9051

Some ppl still find celestial armors pretty adequate for their builds, though I thankfully already sought out my alternatives before I fully committed to crafting a celestial armor set of my own for my ele. I find some mix of Soldier’s/Cavalier’s/Knight’s/Zerker’s yields good results with high base power and modest crit damage and toughness, especially when coupled with strength runes. Its mainly how you wanna balance between toughness and burst with how many of each stat combinations to fit your playstyle.

Daeaera ~ Leader of Grape Justice! [FGJ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cenzuo.6328

Cenzuo.6328

I find I can put in some celestial trinkets because they aren’t that hard to obtain (except those dam accessories, 40 laurels and 50 globs of ectoplasm? ) but my armour is normally then more oriented towards dps with a mix of knights and zerkers

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

I still use celestial and it’s still great. Ferocity nerf was barely noticeable, especially since all the stats got buffed as compensation.

in Elementalist

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

I am still using exotic celestial coat, 1 ascended celestial ring, and ascended celestial amulet. the difference/loss isn’t even noticeable.

going full celestial in my opinion is a bad idea, you lose so much to stats (mostly importantly power) altogether then just using a few pieces of celestial with other stat combinations.

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

I’ve been using full celestial (weapons, armor, trinkets, back) for about six months or so now on my D/D Elementalist and it feels fine to me. I don’t agree with others that you need ~2k+ power when you can easily get to 25 stacks of might, but it’s not like that’s a bad idea at all. Celestial feels like Cleric’s with a little less healing and a modest amount of everything else, especially health (because that’s what it is).

In my opinion, D/D is not mainly about damage and is more about sustaining pressure in fights — Celestial fits best for this reason.

(edited by Thorp.7982)

in Elementalist

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

^ I do the something similar but with a knights dagger and soldiers back piece cause I can’t be bothered to make celestial ascended. I’m lazy