[Suggestion] Elite Spec: Weaver

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

The Weaver: Elementalists see the world in terms of fire, water, air, and earth, but some seek an even deeper understanding of the world’s composition. Weavers have learned to manipulate the most fundamental forces and properties of the universe, augmenting their power by changing the very definition of power itself.

The weaver’s profession mechanic is Skill Weaving: Weavers are unbound by the limitations of the four elements, and so are their skill bars. Attuning to a new element while you cast a weapon skill gives that ability a powerful effect when it completes casting and Weaves that skill onto your new skill bar. For example, casting an Earthquake and attuning to Fire would cause your earthquake to burn foes and weave Earthquake onto your fire attunement skill bar, replacing Ring of Fire. Changing attunements without weaving a skill resets all of your skill bars to their original state. Skills weaved into multiple attunements share a cooldown across all attunements.

Weavers gain access to Manipulations: Weavers can alter the very fabric of the universe, revising the battlefield with frightening flexibility in the blink of an eye.

-Reconfigure: 1/4s Cast 20s CD: Heal yourself for 5k. If this skill fully heals you, deal damage around yourself. If it does not, heal yourself and allies around you for 2k.

-Reposition: Instant Cast 30s CD: Stunbreak. Teleport to target position within 360 range. This skill can be cast up to twice more over the next ten seconds.

-Redirect: Instant Cast 50s CD: Block incoming attacks for 3 seconds, then deal damage around yourself equal to the damage you blocked. Damage is limited in PvE.

-Rearrange: Instant Cast 25s CD: Stunbreak. Pull nearby enemies towards you. Chains to a skill that pushes enemies away. Radius, pull distance, and knockback distance are all 360 units. No damage. Both casts break stuns.

-Reclassify: Instant Cast 10s CD: Turn your conditions into boons, and your boons into conditions.

-Elite: Remove: 1s Cast 60s CD: Remove all players in target location from this world, disabling all their skills but leaving them invulnerable for three seconds. At the end of this effect each player returns to existence with a damaging AoE. 900 Range, 360 Radius on cast and return damage. Return damage would hit about as hard as ring of earth, so it would be mediocre on a single player, but the overlapping AoEs could do massive damage in total.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

(edited by Linnael.1069)

in Elementalist

Linnael.1069

A Weaver is inherently flexible, and as such they enjoy many unique Specialization choices:

GM-Master of the Fourth Dimension: Weaving a spell reduces its cooldown by 66% and grants 5s of quickness to affected allies.

GM-Strength of Will: Your manipulations have doubled range and recharge 20% faster. Manipulations grant aegis to nearby allies. Only improves range, not radius of effect.

GM-Indiscriminate Force: Weaving a spell doubles its effects. Woven spells also affect you.

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the concept so far. This is definitely a work in progress, so let me know what you think of everything. Some of the skill names I’m not too keen on, and I haven’t even decided whether I’d like to give it sword or greatsword, so tell me which weapon you would prefer too!

(edited by Linnael.1069)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

-Reconfigure: 1/4s Cast 20s CD: Heal yourself for 5k. If this skill fully heals you, deal damage around yourself. If it does not, heal yourself and allies around you for 2k.

This sounds reasonable, but Cd could be 25s.

-Reposition: Instant Cast 30s CD: Stunbreak. Teleport to target position within 360 range. This skill can be cast up to twice more over the next ten seconds.

Maybe just once more? 2 seems excessive.

-Redirect: Instant Cast 50s CD: Block incoming attacks for 3 seconds, then deal damage around yourself equal to the damage you blocked. Damage is limited in PvE.

Damage needs to be limited in PvP even more than PvE. A well timed block could annihilate the entire enemy team. Maybe have a cap on how many attacks it blocks? And what is the radius of this skill?

-Rearrange: Instant Cast 25s CD: Stunbreak. Pull nearby enemies towards you. Chains to a skill that pushes enemies away. Radius, pull distance, and knockback distance are all 360 units. No damage. Both casts break stuns.

CD needs to be higher, this is a double CC and a double stunbreak afterall. Maybe 40 secs? And how does it chain? Does the player cast it or is it a delayed effect like “Aftershock”?

-Reclassify: Instant Cast 10s CD: Turn your conditions into boons, and your boons into conditions.

Well, that sounds like a high risk, high reward kind of skill. I kinda like it. ^^ But as the player you can pretty much choose if you use boons or not, so I don’t see this working really. It kinda discourages teamplay as well. See what I’m thinking? You wouldn’t want to play with a Herald when using this.

-Elite: Remove: 1s Cast 60s CD: Remove all players in target location from this world, disabling all their skills but leaving them invulnerable for three seconds. At the end of this effect each player returns to existence with a damaging AoE. 900 Range, 360 Radius on cast and return damage. Return damage would hit about as hard as ring of earth, so it would be mediocre on a single player, but the overlapping AoEs could do massive damage in total.

Can they still move during this time? Will they contribute to capping a point? Can a well timed dodge evade the damage on the ring?

This spec doesn’t feel too op to me. Maybe slightly when you look at the traits but the skills are pretty good atleast.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Elementalist

Linnael.1069

Snip

Thanks for the detailed feedback! You’re definitely right about Redirect needing a damage cap, I didn’t really consider the teamfight applications.

However, I do think that Reposition should stay at three activations. If you note that the range on each is only 360, which is barely past lightning whip range, it trades some of the mobility of lightning flash for more mindgaming potential. If we say you lose the chain activations after a little bit of time then the triple stunbreak factor doesn’t really seem that big of a deal given that your opponent could just hold their CC.

Rearrange could go to 30 for sure. It would be a chain skill that the player chooses to cast, like shadowstep/shadow return. With all the accidental stab people are throwing out with the elite specs, I don’t think pure cc warrants too high of a cooldown anymore. If you wanted to limit the utility, 35 or 40 seconds could be justified by attaching some large damage to the second cast.

Reclassify I think would be too strong if there wasn’t that downside. It’s a totally unlimited condi convert on a 10 second cooldown, that’s the kind of thing that is pretty risky to design and not have be broken. Boon conversion keeps it from being a spammable thing, because if you try to just use it on cooldown you turn the boons from your last cast straight back into condis XD.

I like the idea of having this powerful ability where the limitation is the state of the game and your decision making ability rather than a cooldown or energy cost.

Remove wouldn’t limit their movement or dodges at all, it would just lock all their skills and make them invulnerable. Like all invulnerable effects this would stop capture point contribution. But be careful, because it applies to all players, not just enemies. Throw it on the point and you’re likely to lock out your teammates too.

(edited by Linnael.1069)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Well, you got the name right.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

Yeah

OP was posted on April 3, 2016, more than a year ago.

Fire Water Air
FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

You don’t have to use all new utilities, like zerker warrior’s don’t use their zerker heals, the use mostly core utilities. I assume core stun breaker.

As for the prof .. it seems like a fan driven idea that lead to fan working with developers.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper