Suggestion: Swap Weapons out of Combat

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rick.5781

Rick.5781

I would love it if they allowed Elementalists to swap weapons out of combat. I hate having to swap between d/d and staff due to having to open my inventory, change gear, then find my daggers and move them into my invisible bag so I don’t accidentally sell or salvage them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Counter Suggestion: Swap Weapons in Combat

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

This has been requested a lot, even in beta, possibly even earlier. It’d be a great feature for the engineer too.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It has also been argumented time and time again why in-combat swapping wouldn’t be a good idea.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It has also been argumented time and time again why in-combat swapping wouldn’t be a good idea.

The opposite is also true.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I had an idea which would reform our utility conjures to make them turn into single hand weaps which we use. “Conjured scepter” “Conjured Focus” the skills would just replace your current mainhand.

Staff users could conjure two daggers and have D/D’s skill set for a period of time.

This would make eles unpredictable.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Rick.5781

I wouldn’t be against weapon swapping IN combat for elementalists, but that would involve balance issues etc. Allowing us to swap weapons OUT of combat has NO balance issues whatsoever, and merely adds convenience to the game. There is no reason NOT to allow weapon swap OUT of combat (since we are already allowed to do it!).

in Elementalist

Posted by: SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

SplendidDust of AncientSuns.8453

So you want a button or feature that stores your second weapon set in other words, yes? A sound idea. Like some people do now, you can keep your hero panel open and dragged to the right of your screen so only your equipment is visible hence minimizing screen clutter and you can swap weapons faster, although I believe you’d have to drag n drop the 2nd dagger manually if I’m not mistaken. That’s the only way to do it any faster.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SimmonsTheSpawn.4716

SimmonsTheSpawn.4716

I personally think that having the ability to change the weapon out of combat is a good idea !
It’s not so confortable to have inventory/hero panel opened to change a weapon.
Often if you switch from one set focus to one scepter dagger dagger and you lose time having to right click on the second dagger to put it in off hand and in excited fighting stages you are likely to end up in aggro and staying with the wrong set, or even worse (as often happens if you do not hold the panel hero) with only a dagger and nothing in the other hand

As you can change your skill off combat i think that for ele could be a good idea being able to change weapon too

in Elementalist

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

I personally think that having the ability to change the weapon out of combat is a good idea !
It’s not so confortable to have inventory/hero panel opened to change a weapon.
Often if you switch from one set focus to one scepter dagger dagger and you lose time having to right click on the second dagger to put it in off hand and in excited fighting stages you are likely to end up in aggro and staying with the wrong set, or even worse (as often happens if you do not hold the panel hero) with only a dagger and nothing in the other hand

As you can change your skill off combat i think that for ele could be a good idea being able to change weapon too

It also saves me some of my precious inventory.

in Elementalist

Rick.5781

So you want a button or feature that stores your second weapon set in other words, yes? A sound idea. Like some people do now, you can keep your hero panel open and dragged to the right of your screen so only your equipment is visible hence minimizing screen clutter and you can swap weapons faster, although I believe you’d have to drag n drop the 2nd dagger manually if I’m not mistaken. That’s the only way to do it any faster.

Precisely! Manually swapping becomes tiresome due to the fact that when switching from 2 weapons to 1 weapon, it leaves one weapon in a random bag slot that you then have to go manually move. When swapping from 1 weapon to 2 weapons, you need to manually drag and drop the 2nd weapon into the offhand slot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Old request, we first had in the beta.
It would be great to have a second weapon swap slot that can only be activated when you are out of combat (like the skills). It would help roamers in WvW a lot (as we know the feeling of fighting a de-cloaked Thief with only the main hand dagger when we were in the process of switching from staff to D/D).

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I would love it if they allowed Elementalists to swap weapons out of combat. I hate having to swap between d/d and staff due to having to open my inventory, change gear, then find my daggers and move them into my invisible bag so I don’t accidentally sell or salvage them.

I literally just came to the forums in order to suggest this. +1!!!

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

The opposite is also true.

Every discussion I’ve taken part in reached the same conclusion: it doesn’t work.

ArenaNet split up the skills per weapon because they want to limit the number of potential combinations. Giving the elementalist weapon swapping thus counters their most basic design philosophy. And I have yet to see anyone come up with a solution for that. Well, a implementable solution anyway…weird, over the top and hard to program solutions are readily available.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Nope, primary reason was they didn’t want to make players have to memorise 40 weapon skills. But you have to be glad for that, with their way of balancing ele skills they only 1/8 of them would be useful at 3x the cooldown they should be at rather than the 1/2 and 1.5x we have today.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Nope, primary reason was they didn’t want to make players have to memorise 40 weapon skills.

The current limitations on skill balance are a direct result of the near-infinite combinations in Guild Wars 1, which according to the devs own statements, made balancing virtually impossible.

That is why skills are grouped per weapon/healing/utility/elite, and it is also why the ele cannot have 2 weapon sets…they’d have 40 skills to combine at will, which is exponentially more than 1 set of 20 skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Still an out of combat weapon swap wouldn’t hurt anyone. We are already swapping our weapons out of combat, but we have to do it manually.

I don’t see the problem with a weapon slot in the H menu where you can put your second preferred weapon set. This way our second weapon set wouldn’t take up space in the inventory and it would prevent situation like “looking for off-hand weapon in inventory while some mob/thief/whatever randomly hits you out of nowhere and keeps you in combat with your pants down”. This has nothing to do with swapping weapons in combat and doing strange combos – that wouldn’t be possible just by adding an out of combat swap. It’s just about a convenience that currently is available to all classes but eles and engies.

There should be no discussion about in combat weapon swap. It has been mentioned hundreds of times that this would simply be OP. You don’t need to be a genius to see that.

(edited by Rayti.6531)

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

A long while back someone from Anet mentioned they were thinking of making an equipment set swap function, rather than just an ooc weapon swap for eles and engineers. Haven’t heard anything about that ever since but that would sound like a neat function in general, which would solve this issue at the same time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sylanna.1947

Sylanna.1947

Bumping this because this seriously needs to be added. Not only am I often wasting extra space in my bags by not having a second weapon set, but it’s just plain annoying to have to dig around and swap weapons. Every single ele I know switches between a staff and some 2 weapon set on a regular basis.. there’s just no reason why this shouldn’t be built in to save time and inventory space. I agree 100% that in-combat weapon swapping should never be allowed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

We’ve been asking for this for ever but anet remains deaf to our callings. They do not even acknowledge that this request/issue exists let alone implement it or give us reason why not.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

Yeah, I’d also like this. Could be like GW1, were you ahd 2 weapon slots were you stored your weapons. everyone could just put every weapon set in those slots and choose 2 (1 for ele and engi) while in combat, and swap freely between them out of combat.

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Suggestion to the OP:

• Keep your inventory simple.
  • Skin the weapon sets differently.
  • Go to the weapon slot, right click and select the ones you want based on their skin names

Eles hardly have a lot of weapons to carry, in comparison to warriors or guardians.

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

In-combat, this would bring a welcomed serious challenge to playing ele.
After I cast my ‘main’ staff skills, I often find myself bored and certainly frustrated with such slow cast times for almost every skill.

Out of combat, at the very least, it would be wonderful to have a built in weapon swap option. I can see no harm in this & then there wouldn’t be an obnoxious H panel blocking 80% of my view while I swap weapons >.>

Naz ©