Suggestion: added crowd control for staff

in Elementalist

Posted by: Airwolf.5287

Airwolf.5287

Meteor Shower – each meteor has a 10% chance to knockdown

Ice Spike – daze or stun instead of vulnerability
*move vulnerability to Healing Rain
(while keeping regeneration and condition removal for allies)

Gust – a 240 degree radius or a wider line of sight cone

Unsteady Ground – wider area of effect
————————————————————————————
What do you think?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Knockdown to Meteor Shower? Are you high?

Stun to Ice Spike seems a bit much, since it’s quite a big AoE and staff already has 2 stun skills.

The change to gust seems ok.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Airwolf.5287

The chance per meteor would obviously have to be balanced, not only that if you’re interrupted while casting, you do not get the same amount of meteors drop. It’s not a run and gun skill. You have to stand still to get it’s full affect. Should provide more bang for the risk in my opinion.

There’s even a video of Meteor Shower knocking down, though this was shown before release, but it’s still linked on their website.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/elementalist/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sT9uNtw9uGc

Static Field is the only one with stun.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

If you look at the video, before she casts Meteor Shower, you’ll notice she casts something else. If you played GW1, you’ll know what Glyphs added extra effects to spells. What if they did that these days too?

Imagine if what she casted before hand was a Glyph (with a very obvious tell as you saw), that says “Your next Spell cast causes Knockdown”. That’s be amazing. It’d actually be a Glyph I might slot for and have to decide between what to drop or not to bring it and everything. In fact, there’s a LOT of Glyphs out there that I would love to have in this game.

“Your next spell causes Knockdown.”
“Your next spell recharges instantly.”
“Your next 2 spells Heal you for X + X% of the cast time of the spell.”

in Elementalist

Airwolf.5287

Yea, I saw that. It could have been what caused the knockdown whatever it was.
If only Glyph of Elemental Power didn’t force you to stay on one attunement if you wanted to use it.

Correction, it does affect other attunements, but the text for the Glyph icon where the boons are is misleading.

(edited by Airwolf.5287)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Knockdown to Meteor Shower? Are you high?

Stun to Ice Spike seems a bit much, since it’s quite a big AoE and staff already has 2 stun skills.

The change to gust seems ok.

10% chance for knockdown on meteor shower wouldn’t be overpowered at all. As it stands, meteor shower is already a garbage skill. Cast time is high, the chance of it hitting a single target is pretty low if the target is moving, and it doesn’t do much more damage than my regular auto-attacks. I think a 10% chance of a knockdown would be a much needed change to that skill.

All the rest of the changes are good as well.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

10% chance for knockdown on meteor shower wouldn’t be overpowered at all. As it stands, meteor shower is already a garbage skill. Cast time is high, the chance of it hitting a single target is pretty low if the target is moving, and it doesn’t do much more damage than my regular auto-attacks. I think a 10% chance of a knockdown would be a much needed change to that skill.

Sorry, but I’m gonna stick with ‘are you high?’. Obviously it’s an AoE burst skill, not a skill meant to take down single targets. Having said that, if you must use it for that, you’ve got tons of snares which you should use before you toss around your most powerful skill. Use your elite earth elemental to taunt and tank mobs so you’ll know they won’t move. In dungeons, cast it where foes are gonna be, not where they are at the time of casting. In PvP, don’t use it to take out single targets. Use it on groups or control points to apply pressure. If used correctly, you can get tons of damage out of it but it’s not a no-risk-ultimate-reward skill. And it’s certainly not meant for single targets, world/dungeon bosses excluded of course.

Garbage skill. Phah. Learn to use it properly I’d say.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

I’m imagining a group of 10 eles throwing down meteor showers

“You must have stability to pass through here”

also, meteor shower is actually OK for single targets, provided the target will stay in the AoE for the full duration. You’ll get about twice as much damage out of spending your time channeling meteor storm as you would spending your time throwing fireballs, on a smallish (player sized or so) target

(edited by reikken.4961)