Suggestion on Chain Lightning

in Elementalist

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

Change it so it doesn’t look like a slow moving energy ball of electricity. Does this bother anyone else or is it just me? I mean, it’s lightning, it should be instantly zapping the target and then bouncing within a fraction of a second to the next 2.

Obviously some adjustments would have to me made so that it’s power remains the same as it is now, because it would make for faster attacks, which I think would also make for more interesting gameplay, but the main thing is the current graphics for the skill just don’t sit right with me anymore.

It’s not like I’m going to quit the game if it doesn’t get changed, but I mean…didn’t anyone think of this when the game was in development?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I just want to be able to do this:

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

That actually makes me think if the number 1 attack that’s used with the scepter also connected to 2 other nearby enemies, that would be a little more appropriate to be called chain lightning.

in Elementalist

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

i think that anet just did it out of balancing reasoning, having instant cast means that it’s alot harder to dodge, prepare for the Spvp whiners incase they would change the effect :p

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

in Elementalist

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Air on Staff needs some love in general. Chain Lightning, Lightning Surge, and Gust are all under-tuned. Earth and Water are also, but at least they have useful support niches.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

The damage doesn’t go up from it instantly hitting, just removes the change to dodge, though really you’re probably not that worried about dodging the auto attack.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com