Suggestions for Blasting Staff

in Elementalist

Posted by: Airwolf.5287

Airwolf.5287

On top of the area of effect increase I wouldn’t mind having…

Increased range to 1500 (would synergy well with Arcane Blast)
Chain Lightning up to 5 targets (how cool would that be)

I understand Meteor Shower, Unsteady Ground, and Fireball are not affected by this trait and that’s fine. You must have a reason for it.

I don’t think that’s asking for much.

Any other staff eles agree?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Range increase yes. I’ve suggested it before, but like everything else, it’s fallen on deaf ears while the devs were busy playing blind folded pin the nerf on the ele.

5 target chain lightning no. A glass ele could auto attack a ranger for over 6k DPS with CL bouncing back off his pet.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Staff needs QoL changes as a standalone weapon before adjusting traits imo.

in Elementalist

Posted by: xbaunx.6438

xbaunx.6438

I’d take a 50% reduction in cast times. Maybe 35% increased projectile speed as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

I’d take a 50% reduction in cast times. Maybe 35% increased projectile speed as well.

Most of the skills have decent cast times; their problem often lies in the animation time (Earth/Water 2), inability to properly punish foes (you can only get stunned by Air 5 once even if you run through both sides), or lack of any notable effect (Earth 4 and to some extent Fire 4(the field left behind is good for nothing but combo fields and has a very thin line in which to do so)). There are more problems with the set than these skills, but those are some examples of things you could adjust.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Indeed staff should be unique in some ways either range or functionaility.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

No. If something, Air needs more single target damage, even on staff, imo.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

No. If something, Air needs more single target damage, even on staff, imo.

Staff air would be nice if all 3 hit the target when no other foes were around

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I understand Meteor Shower, Unsteady Ground, and Fireball are not affected by this trait and that’s fine. You must have a reason for it.

Somehow I don’t think that would happen. BS is already the must have skill for staff elementalists they are not going to buff a skill that is overused.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilverUniverse.7103

SilverUniverse.7103

Somehow I don’t think that would happen. BS is already the must have skill for staff elementalists they are not going to buff a skill that is overused.

overused because it’s the ONLY skill that specifically improves staff skills

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I agree with the range increase for sure, and perhaps make fields linger for an additional 10% or something. However, range is the most important. Staff ele wants to play kind of like nades-engie: sit at range and drop aoes. However, the damage is weaker and they can’t range nearly as well (1200 vs 1500). While this wouldn’t fix staff, it does help.

The real problem with staff 1v1 can be seen by comparing to necro staff (marks). The necro marks pop at one time and load up the entirety of their condtions, and proc instantly if placed at someone’s feet. This is one reason why staff is so universal on necro. On the flip side, the ele drops out a lot of fields here and there, but damage/ the effect only occurs while the person stands in the field. Thus, simple strafing or walking is huge damage mitigation vs. a staff ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

They don’t need to make blasting staff more required than it already is, at least for pvp. The radius with it should be base and blasting staff becomes an entirely different trait.

Also, most people don’t seem to know this, but blasting staff affects fireball, water blast, and lightning surge, or they just don’t care.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Cmon, don’t be ridiculous. GW2 should not be about facerolling in 1.5k range out of all harms way.
You need to be part of the battle, sometimes using 1k range and sometimes jumping in there for a blast/waterdodge/waterswap.

Just remove Blasting Staff all together and increase the base radii like they did for necros. So we could slot Renewing Stamina. It’s the vigor you always missing as staff.
kitten that would be amazing buff already.

[TA]

in Elementalist

Posted by: xbaunx.6438

xbaunx.6438

Cmon, don’t be ridiculous. GW2 should not be about facerolling in 1.5k range out of all harms way.
You need to be part of the battle, sometimes using 1k range and sometimes jumping in there for a blast/waterdodge/waterswap.

IMO, we must be given either a weapon swap or a staff that is competent at <300 range.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Airwolf.5287

Airwolf.5287

Fireball radius does not change with blasting staff. It used to be 120, but only worked at 90 apparently, so they fixed the text.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

Fireball radius does not change with blasting staff. It used to be 120, but only worked at 90 apparently, so they fixed the text.

It does, at least since I tested blasting staff when they fixed the tooltips back in May, and it’s very easy to test. Go into the mists with blasting staff and attack a golem by throwing fireballs at the ground. Find the furthest away you can throw the fireball and still hit the golem with the explosion radius. You might also notice that this a bit shy of the same radius as lava font. After you kill the golem, remove blasting staff and throw the fireballs at the same spot. Now notice that fireballs don’t hit.

You can test water blast with the same idea, except you need to take damage and target the golem.

(edited by Adastra.9821)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Range increase yes. I’ve suggested it before, but like everything else, it’s fallen on deaf ears while the devs were busy playing blind folded pin the nerf on the ele.

5 target chain lightning no. A glass ele could auto attack a ranger for over 6k DPS with CL bouncing back off his pet.

Not range increase. Cap increase

Blasting Staff: Area attacks with staff are larger and hit 2 additional targets.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

It’s likely overused because it’s comparatively better. Windborne Dagger is relatively poor and Vigorous Scepter is completely replaceable.