Summons?

Summons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

Don’t you wish elementalists had more summons to play with? most other professions got quite a number of options and traits related to those, even builds, but elementalists got left behind in that department.

Now, I am aware of the issues regarding the summoned units
(which I describe with a possible solution in this topic https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Summoned-units-discussion/first#post1304965)

We could also list a number of possible options/skill/trait changes that we could apply in order to allow the summons.

What do you think about this? DISCUSS!

Summons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

8 elementals and 5 environmental weapons isn’t enough?

Summons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

@pdboddy.4162

Environmental weapons aren’t AI-controlled summoned units and your “8” elementals are given…
1-with an utility slot
2-with an ELITE slot

And neither got any actual utility either gives any kind of synergy with anything, they’re just there and there’s noway to boost’em with traits/builds and stuff.

Summons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Try using an Earth elemental when your tank just dropped and you need a distraction, then come back and say they don’t have any utility.

The only thing they need to change with our summons, is the fact that in WvW people can rally off your elementals, which makes them not only useless, but a liability.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

Summons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

We could also list a number of possible options/skill/trait changes that we could apply in order to allow the summons.

@pdboddy.4162

Environmental weapons aren’t AI-controlled summoned units and your “8” elementals are given…
1-with an utility slot
2-with an ELITE slot

And neither got any actual utility either gives any kind of synergy with anything, they’re just there and there’s noway to boost’em with traits/builds and stuff.

So we can’t discuss the creation of traits, or the modification of traits, that would boost our elementals? Instead of asking for more summons that would end up the same way as elementals: no synergy nor way to boost them.

And while the summons occupy two slots, they are so much more efficient because we can choose what ones we get by switching attunements. Everyone else, barring the ranger’s class ability, has to use more slots to get the same range of choice.

Summons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

more traits for everything would be nice, and an elite of every skill type (signet elite please? arcane elite please? cantrip elite please?)

Conjures having only one trait is a pain, not much for elementals though the glyph traits aren’t terrible.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Summons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Hmm how about for the Fire traits, we roll Persisting Flames (30% fire field duration) and One with Fire (chance on flame Barrier while attuned to fire) into one Master Trait.

For a Grandmaster trait, we add Master Summoner (Summon a ‘spectral weapon’ depending what conjure you use for 25sec. Summoned entities have +20% more health).

Basically, if you use frost bow, it will summon a bow in your hand, a bow on the ground and a pet Ice Bow that will use its attacks until it expires or it is destroyed. It also helps summoned elementals by increasing their health.

Probably wouldn’t make conjures hugely better in PvP but it’d be a sort of summoner/pet type elementalist for those that like that.

Summons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Summon Greater Earth Elemental. Cast Staff skill 2 under Earth Elemental on occasion. You now have a very effective tank that can keep your enemies away from you while you keep his health up and do AoE damage to enemies.

If you want some synergy summon an Earth or Fire elemental to do some extra damage/tanking along side the Greater Elemental.

While I do think that the summons could have been better thought out, I think changes to the skills and AI themselves would be better than additional traits. These are skills with large cooldowns (and rightfully so) that only last one minute. Dedicating traits to them would be a waste when there would be better traits that could be included instead. (just my opinion though).

I love my Earth Elemental as he is, he keeps me safe in a lot of tough situations.

Summons?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

There are 2 traits that affect glyphs. That means they ALSO work on the elementals.

As for the utility, the elementals bring a lot of that. A small list:

Fire: AoE damage and might.
Ice: frozen and healing fields.
Air: swiftness, stuns, ranged attacks.
Earth: protection, weakness, crippling and pull aggro like nobody’s business.

The major selling point of the summons though, is that at any point, you can pick what you need most.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.