Support Staff Ele in WvW/Zerg

in Elementalist

Posted by: Drysdale.3826

Drysdale.3826

I leveled a Ele mainly for support in WvW zergs. I want to focus on healing(I know not to stick in one attunement) so I’m looking for a direction on gear and a build. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

This is a Celestial all-around build, but it’s still something you should consider, given that it’s how most ‘hardcore’ WvW raid guilds run their Eles: http://intothemists.com/guides/guide.php?id=107

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

if you want a second opinion, i will gladly give you one:

neko is right. chemsorlys build is what you are looking for. additional, watch some of his RG raiding vids to get a feel for the movement.

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

The chemsorly build si the one providing the best ratio survivability/support.

There is other build more dps oriented: 0/6/0/4/4

The build oriented ultime survivability: 0/0/4/4/6
=> i would recommand you this one since you’re a pure rooki.
I used to play it with the plate player, you can stay in the middle of the fight and still survive … if you use your cantrip well ^^ Beeing with the heavy protect you from the lolilol-backstab-thief-overskilled

The mass support one: 0/4/0/6/4 (you take both alatracy and you spamm field)

And finnaly the “troll” build, more dps and support and NO survivability: 0/6/0/6/2
=> I tryed it, it’s playable, but it sucks XD

PS:
With the patch incoming, the food will probably be changed since the purpose was to get +10% on the meteostorm

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

(edited by Mattmatt.4962)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Full berserker armor, Energy sigil on your staff. 0/x/x/6/6
(2 in air for bolt to the heart or zephyr’s boon, or 2 in earth for extra stability at 50% hp)

Traits in water are soothing wave, aquamancers alacrity, and cleansing water
traits in Arcana are Blasting Staff, Elemental Attunement, and Evasive Arcana

run ether renewal, and lightning flash, mistform, and Armor of Earth. For the moment, Tornado is the elite to use, we’ll see where we stand after the 9th of September.

This build will give you an enormous amount of burst-heal potential with fields and the evasive arcana. You have an enormous capacity to cleanse conditions, both on yourself and your allies.

Make sure that you learn to use all the evasion that you have available. Don’t sit and tank a bomb, use your lightning flash to get a way. If you are about to get rolled over by a zerg, use mist form, Burning Retreat, dodge rolls, etc. most of your skills are 1200 range, make sure that you use it appropriately

in Elementalist

Posted by: jpersson.7368

jpersson.7368

And finnaly the “troll” build, more dps and support and NO survivability: 0/6/0/6/2
=> I tryed it, it’s playable, but it sucks XD

I’m a bit late to the party, but why troll build?

I run a Knight version with survivability utilities, and I survive good enough to start thinking about more aggressive gear.

The DPS and support is nice, but I also try to take advantage of the cc capabilities.

Relax… nothing is under control

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Its “troll” in the way, you have no respect for your opponent by running this ^^

“you’re that bad that i’m running a no survivability build :p "

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: jpersson.7368

jpersson.7368

“you’re that bad that i’m running a no survivability build :p "

Ok. Thanks.

I was pug roaming on a high ranking EU server last night, still 0/6/0/0/6/2, now Valkyrie based build + Lightning Rod (with Tornado and Lightning Hammer), survived ok considering I wasn’t in a synchronized party and had great fun.

Edit/disclaimer: I wouldn’t normally roam with this build, or use it with Lightning Hammer — I just wanted to try out my new toys. Troll indeed =)

Relax… nothing is under control

(edited by jpersson.7368)