Sword+weaver=Melee?

Sword+weaver=Melee?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

Just wondering if the sword choice turns the weaver into a full mellee build?

Sword+weaver=Melee?

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

The sword is very short range (like 100-120 I think?) and without in-combat weapon swap, you are basically committing to being in melee range while in combat. Neither of your offhand choices (dagger or focus) will change that.

It’s not yet clear to me if the weaver trait line is going to bring enough inherent survivability for this to be viable, it really depends on how useful the Barrier mechanic is.

Sword+weaver=Melee?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It looks like it all though you can still run scepter and staff for long ranges and dagger for mid to short ranged (just out side of melee ranged).

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Sword+weaver=Melee?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LaUzIQcIOwNz.4865

LaUzIQcIOwNz.4865

Weaver surviviability is probably gonna be alright even if it is melee only.
Surely not in Zerg, but I can see it getting a lot of potential in Roaming.

I’m only worried about the fact that we need to change element 2 times to get the offhand element we want and this is gonna put the “transition” element on cd except with fresh air. It means controlling our rotations better to ensure not getting stuck in an element which is alright if we can get better rewards out of it.

Gonna need to test those rotations a lot…
water/arcane/weaver or water/lightning/weaver seems to work well together.

Salt Free Elementalist

Sword+weaver=Melee?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Its all going to depend on how well the barrier mechanic scales off vitality and healing power.

Sword is going to be a melee weapon that will benefit most from menders or sages in pvp if utilizing the barrier mechanics.

Weaver will most likely be rotational as well since managing 4 seperate cooldowns on top of everything else will be too hard to manage for most.

I foresee rotations being air, fire, earth, water or air, earth, fire, water. It could also be that with earth and water switched so that you can blast waterfields

I don’t think a high damage weaver using sword is going to be a viable option. I do think it could work with scepter or staff potentially.

TL&DR

Weaver will be more of the same, relying on self-preservation instead of team-support with more dps potential

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFgtA+MgPCBDALCALgDwcDWBvQA-T5QOABvfCAAY/BsLDAA

This is a base-line of what I want to try with weaver and sword

Bad Elementalist

Sword+weaver=Melee?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

it looks like survivability will be based on proccing Barrier with traited duel skills, and a trait that buffs vitality (120 while wielding a sword, plus 5% conversion from power, and another 5% conversion from condition damage)

PS: i t looks like the best stat combo for sword weaver will be the new POWER, CONDITION DAMAGE, precision, ferocity. or Viper’s if you prefer longer condition duration.

– The Baconnaire

Sword+weaver=Melee?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

Its all going to depend on how well the barrier mechanic scales off vitality and healing power.

Sword is going to be a melee weapon that will benefit most from menders or sages in pvp if utilizing the barrier mechanics.

Weaver will most likely be rotational as well since managing 4 seperate cooldowns on top of everything else will be too hard to manage for most.

I foresee rotations being air, fire, earth, water or air, earth, fire, water. It could also be that with earth and water switched so that you can blast waterfields

I don’t think a high damage weaver using sword is going to be a viable option. I do think it could work with scepter or staff potentially.

TL&DR

Weaver will be more of the same, relying on self-preservation instead of team-support with more dps potential

Is that for pvp? WvW? pve?

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Sword+weaver=Melee?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Weaver wont have an issue in wvw roaming or solo they would be like current d/d core ele. Since you can an array of balance stance you can make in wvw, however in spvp it’s not the same. The issue is can it fight on point vs the new spec condi bunkers and cc dps on the spvp captures. You don’t have to always fight in one spot in wvw, but yeah you wil prob lose the guard sentry point to them.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

Sword+weaver=Melee?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

TL&DR

Is that for pvp? WvW? pve?

That is for pvp

Bad Elementalist

Sword+weaver=Melee?

in Elementalist

Posted by: punahou.3986

punahou.3986

you are all wrong.

the Weavers Sword fully forged is probably better than most legendaries.