[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Hi please test this build in pvp if you have time. I have been playing it with decent results and would like feedback from other experienced elementalists. If other team has a necro or warrior switch to ether renewal.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhUMonhdOwkB8RM0AYTKoDMDlKQA4DWFyrQUA-TJBFABiXGAgHAQN7PQwJAAA

Bad Elementalist

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

very solid and skillful build. Eather renewal is an option, but both, necro and warrior can interrupt it quite easy. I think it works better with tempest but i guess it is intentionally a basic build. Basically it´s the old fresh air build.

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Yup, it shouldn’t be to much trouble kiting them out while you heal and use air 3 to ensure you don’t get stunned. Biggest issue is if warrior is running fear me. I am also considering taking out stone heart for diamond skin since I rarely camp earth.

Bad Elementalist

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I am a stone heart lover. I kite many dead camping earth and bursting out when feeling it´s the right moment. But my build is cele/viper hybrid tempest so quite diffrent.

I would test the build with this slight adaptions:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnMIC9MgFNAeOA8RghGArKkXhogUBCAfwJF0BChA-TJBFABA8AAEvMABnAgW2fAA

I always run arcane brilliance if traited. It´s great in an offensive build.
Also using another stunbreaker with weakness option might round it very well.
Hoelbrak (can go strenght too but i don´t care about those 5% in PvP).
hoelbrak helps with conditions and combined with geomacers it shortens imob/cripple/chill quite significant. I think it´s worth about 5% less crit rate and the build stacks might.

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Talking about test :

Tanky DPS team fighter
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnUMAFRgdOAGYCcYiFJATYBEAOhDfgJQK0Nx+YzsA-T5AFAB/XG4+9HA4BAAA

Pro
- a tanky dps ele that dish out good sustained dmg + high burst potential ( depending on target ofc)
- Very mobile with multiple access to superspeed-teleports/swiftness ( air overaload+ blast)
- Can apply aoe weakness quite easily
- Great CC potential : knockdown/daze/pull

Cons
-Condi bombs as you’d expect
-Suitable for 2vs1 or teamfights, not really a 1vs1 prodigy in general

-Why earth shield conjure?
Magnetic shield, unblockable aoe pull and Magnetic surge , a short CD aoe daze and ofc another source of invulnerability with Fortify

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

As marauder Ele Sf fresh air you are still squishy even with earth trait line. So I think you can archieve better result go yolo fire air arcane with same utility and try to do the thief job… So decap far (mobility thanks by fgs), +1 fights and kill low health target. You can’t kill any decent player using hot specs in 1v1 since they can survive at your burst and heal it back.
So It’s just better go for more damage, with fire trait line at least you have Phoenix ready every time you swap to fire.

This build was an High skill floor builds with an High risk and a okish reward. Now the reward is really low even if you play it perfectly. And the risk is become higher.
Was really fun time ago… Now is just late to play it. You can have some fun vs newbie in unranked but ftw in ranked you are just crippling yourself and your team since you could archieve way better reward playing hot specs while putting less effort

Parabrezza

(edited by lucadiro.4519)

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Talking about test :

Tanky DPS team fighter
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnUMAFRgdOAGYCcYiFJATYBEAOhDfgJQK0Nx+YzsA-T5AFAB/XG4+9HA4BAAA

Pro
- a tanky dps ele that dish out good sustained dmg + high burst potential ( depending on target ofc)
- Very mobile with multiple access to superspeed-teleports/swiftness ( air overaload+ blast)
- Can apply aoe weakness quite easily
- Great CC potential : knockdown/daze/pull

Cons
-Condi bombs as you’d expect
-Suitable for 2vs1 or teamfights, not really a 1vs1 prodigy in general

-Why earth shield conjure?
Magnetic shield, unblockable aoe pull and Magnetic surge , a short CD aoe daze and ofc another source of invulnerability with Fortify

Think you should take the trait that give you stab instead of might on shout since you only slot 2 shout with very High cd.
I personaly don’t like air shout in pvp, maybe in wvw could be better, so I would prefere take the water shout for damage reduction.
That said I like the build, I can’t see wich amulet you slot in the link. I use it with mender, sunsless runes (AoE fear=AoE damage) or surging, and blood leeching sigils

Parabrezza

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

I’ll try the build after work supreme.

@Lucario. I know what you are saying, but I feel that scepter ele is in a decentish spot after the cleric amulet removal. Its not completely there but its closer than its ever been

Bad Elementalist

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Personally i don’t like rune – you will proc fury from arcane fury and this rune kinda want’s you to get hit…

It’s weird suggestion but you could max out almost ferocity with this build with rune of wurm and you would have 19k health.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Yeah i chose it because of the extra precision. Not really a requirement, however I would not use rune of the wurm because extra vitality is not worth the loss of power

Bad Elementalist

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Tweaked the build a bit and am pretty happy with the results. Thanks for trying it out.

Bad Elementalist

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I’m personally not a big fan of:
- Earth in a burst build. While it has great synergy with focus, none of the other traits really do all that much for you.
- Marauder amulet. Demolisher amulet is better in 90% of the scenarios (more vitality actually makes heals less effective, while toughness increases the value of your heals), especially because MOST condi builds stack most of their condis in melee, and you can avoid a LOT of their condis with proper positioning. Also, the most popular condi builds (necro, mesmer, occasionally ranger) have lots of projectiles and are pretty susceptible to burst especially while you sit more comfortably at range. For reference, demolisher has the EXACT same damage output as marauder, but the toughness really turns the “nightmare” matchups (thief, rev) into something MUCH more even.

Because I don’t think earth does a lot, and if you take demolisher amulet stray condis are more dangerous for you, I prefer to take water. Cleansing Water synergizes very well with arcana, soothing disruption helps for more lightning flash (and mistform if you take it, which I often do when thieves or revs are around), and soothing ice which is pretty good against that burst too. Plus, the extra heals actually have meaning thanks to the toughness on demolisher amulet.

I also think glyph heal is best for a burst build. Signet works ok, but that really is meant for a brawler, while burst builds are more worried about recovering from spikes (esp. thief). Ether renewal is horrible in that situation because it just channels way too long and is easy to interrupt for good players. It also prevents you from putting out pressure, which means its hard to protect the heal too.

In arcana, I feel like you have a couple of pretty good choices in the 1st (arcane precision and renewing stamina) and 2nd tier (ele contingency and final shielding). I generally go with arcane precision for that weakness (esp. if the enemy team has some tankier builds), but renewing stamina will be better in a teamfight to stay alive. Ele contingency is likewise better against bruisers (esp. if they have engies or tanky warriors), but final shielding can really save your behind against revs and thieves who are much more dangerous for you.

My build that I use is: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhUMoyh9MwzB8RM0AY0RoG8DqC5VYKIVgAwHE-TJBFQBA4BAUj9HCYZACcCAAA

P.S. I know its just a variation of amulet and a couple of traits compared to the template, but they do change the playstyle quite a bit. This also makes it easier to swap to from another build because there is less to change from the default template.

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

My orginal build used water instead of earth. The main reason I chose earth is because my survivabilty feels better when i have lower cd on earth 4 and 5 and a free stun break. I felt having those and kiting in and out of the fight with superspeed was better than trying to skirmish on point.

I’d also like to state that from my testing the build is on par with every current meta build out there apart from tankier setups such as condi warrior and engineer.

I’ll go ahead and test out your build man thanks for the suggestion

Bad Elementalist

[TEST] Sc/F PvP Build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Warriors as previously said, and mesmers are this build’s biggest weakness. I’ve played with these S/F builds for a long time before this thread was even made, and gotta say it’s pretty solid. Lots of skill required though.

I’m still looking on ways to use Warhorn for burst builds. I love warhorn for bunker/auramancer, but to see it to significant damage with a viable build would be amazing.

I just feel like Focus has a lot of unnecessarily UP skills (flame wall, fire aura, chilling gust, comet) and the air 4 skill is a lil worse than granting a magnetic aura and having the enemy shoot theirselves.

Though I agree WH needs a buff. All of its skills need to be improved (except for Earth 4 – the protection and MA is amazing), otherwise it’s solid.

But like BlackBeard said, demo is the way to go. Heals will be more effective.