Tailor/? For an ele

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: sirjosh.9561

sirjosh.9561

I’m level 35 at the moment and have never crafted before but I’ve decided to do a little crafting as I level and start stacking up materials I find but I can’t decide between Tailor/Jeweler or Tailor/Chef. What are the advantages/disadvantages?

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Chef is the most fun crafting discipline
Jeweler is nice too but Chef is definately the most fun. Not as profitable but very fun none-the-less.

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

sirjosh.9561

Jeweler is nice too but Chef is definately the most fun. Not as profitable but very fun none-the-less.

Only thing is I always keep the buffs for ‘better times’, and the cycle repeats.

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Only thing is I always keep the buffs for ‘better times’, and the cycle repeats.

I just put ’m in the guildbank if I got the time.

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

I would recommend leveling tailoring and artificing. Having those crafting disciplines will allow you to craft gear and if you wish, ascended weapons and armor for your elementalist.

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

sirjosh.9561

I would recommend leveling tailoring and artificing. Having those crafting disciplines will allow you to craft gear and if you wish, ascended weapons and armor for your elementalist.

I’m d/d :P

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

sirjosh.9561

Bump.
Anyone know?

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

You can have as many crafting disciplines you want on a character, you just have to pay around 50 silver to switch between them. So feel free to level them all

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

Okay first things first. It all depends of the fact – which legendaries / ascended weapons-gear are you willing to craft or looking forward to crafting.
You will need Weapon smith on 400 and Chef on 400 for crafting Incinerator. Weapon smith on 500 to craft an ascended weapon.
Artificer covers all other Weapons usable by your class – keep that in mind.

Chef will be easier and is – as far as i can recall – the cheapest crafting discipline to level.

Note: Tailoring getting up to 500 is rather expensive same goes for Artificer.
Crafting Ascended light armor will cost you hundreds of gold (not if you’re grinding your matts of course – but still it’s pretty expensive)

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

sirjosh.9561

Okay first things first. It all depends of the fact – which legendaries / ascended weapons-gear are you willing to craft or looking forward to crafting.
You will need Weapon smith on 400 and Chef on 400 for crafting Incinerator. Weapon smith on 500 to craft an ascended weapon.

Chef will be easier and is – as far as i can recall – the cheapest crafting discipline to level.

Crafting Ascended light armor will cost you hundreds of gold (not if you’re grinding your matts of course – but still it’s pretty expensive)

So weaponsmith for daggers + chef is the way to go?
Incinerator looks godly.

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Incinerator looks godly.

artificer if u like staff focus scepter

weaponsmith for daggers

tailor: dont bother unless u want either celestial gears, or ascended light gears (asc armour is only needed in fractals, if u dont go fractals, dont bother w em)

chef: most of the stuff u usually use for food is mostly cheaper just on the tp

jeweler, ascended trinkets r rly easy to get so i never bothered w those

u should get ascended weapons tho, those boost ur dmg greatly , armour doesnt.

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Tailor/? For an ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

Incinerator looks godly.

artificer if u like staff focus scepter

weaponsmith for daggers

tailor: dont bother unless u want either celestial gears, or ascended light gears (asc armour is only needed in fractals, if u dont go fractals, dont bother w em)

chef: most of the stuff u usually use for food is mostly cheaper just on the tp

jeweler, ascended trinkets r rly easy to get so i never bothered w those

u should get ascended weapons tho, those boost ur dmg greatly , armour doesnt.

Trinkets can only be obtained by doing fractals, earning Laurels or Guild Merits or looting due bosses, which is pretty unlikely and rare.
You will need the Jeweler to craft 5 different gifts, which are used to crafting 4 different legendaries.

Note:
Exception “gift of ice”- also used in crafting an exotic bow.

As far as level adjusting goes now, you won’t realize any higher damage in dungeons or PvE because of the current level adjusting. Therefore exotic armor is as good as ascended armor – as long as you’re playing under level 80.

As soon as playing at the cap – your armor will deal / give an overall higher damage output – and is nice to have especially for higher level fractals and WvW (not much of an advantage but still it is something to keep in mind). But if you’re not interested in going fractals, it’s not really necessary to get ascended armor.

Ascended weapons are better to craft then your armor. Ascended Trinkets are also good to have since they can give an enormous advantage over their exotic counterparts.

Note:
The overall damage “boost” you will get by going fully ascended , is around 4-8% so, depends if you are willing to spend tons of money. (considered armor + weapon – trinkets not included)

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto