Teach me how to Ele

Teach me how to Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: zxosz.4097

zxosz.4097

sooo my super long story is i have had a ton of lvl 80s but i always get bored when lvling a ele because i feel like i am playing it wrong. i understand ele has a high skill floor thats kinda why i need help so Ele forums please help me you are my only hope :P

Teach me how to Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Ele is pretty trait dependent for playing it right as different trait set ups will can completely change your rotations even with the same weapons so leveling is quite different from a lvl 80 ele. Freshair is the most obvious example of this. With that being said, some things that you should work on that aren’t trait dependent are might stacking rotations for all weapons. This is generally going from fire to earth to water to get all of your blasts in your fire field. Staff is an exception because of the delay on eruption you go from e2 > f2 which is the only blast finisher on the weapon.

Other things to work on would be simply learning to use all the utility in all the skills, for example dagger earth 2 is a projectile block that most people don’t really take into consideration (both eles and their opponents). Comboing off of lightning flash is also very important for almost all eles in pvp. Lightning whip is basically your standard melee cleaving auto attack except it has about double the range, which allows you to kite at max melee range against other true melee builds and mobs with some practice.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Teach me how to Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

Like was said, Ele is very trait dependent so your final play style will depend on your level 80 build.

Best advice I can give for leveling in itself is to pick up frost bow and lightning hammer asap. Both are very useful in dungeons and open world leveling and until you get the trait points and level 80 gear that’s worth putting rune sets in you won’t have the complete picture.

If you want to practice your rotations once you get to 80 or even before then just pop into the Spvp area and practice on the dummies or class npc’s.

Going to echo that practicing might stacking is a must, but I honestly leveled mine using a staff and my two conjures while running d/d bunker in Spvp to practice that weapon set.

Teach me how to Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeckerDontPlay.1639

DeckerDontPlay.1639

You can also youtube Zoose’s spellbook and I believe Phantaram has some videos out highlighting the D/D rotation

Sixes – KUM – Maguuma

Teach me how to Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

As always you want to put context on what kind of game play you’re doing.

Presumably not SPvP since leveling is largely irrelevant there but there are a lot of differences between WvW and PvE and PvE Dungeons and PvE Fractals and even high end PvE Fractals.

Kodiak X – Blackgate