Tempest Background!!!!?

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jonandu.2073

Jonandu.2073

http://i.imgur.com/AoGISvd.png

Looks like tempest background! From the look of it It seems like a storm controller… I like what I see!

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

This is so awesome!!!!

But we’re getting warhorn, rip

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

(edited by Mattmatt.4962)

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Yay! More AoE that we didn’t need! And warhorn! The worst, most visually neglected weapon in the game with terrible skins and animations!

But we got Elemental Attunement as a master so at least we got that going for us. Right? Right?

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

What on earth are you two going on about? There’s no confirmation we are getting a warhorn, in fact the strongest evidence we have, datamined elementalist skills, showed that we are either getting an axe or a sword, unless you know of some way that a warhorn can be a main hand weapon with skills that include slashing and stabbing.

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

Actually there is rather a lot of evidence that we are getting a Warhorn (I have to agree with others, it sucks). A Warhorn skin has been datamined with a water/cloud theme, you can find out more on Reddit.

Sadly most of the data-mined sword skills were placeholder dagger skills, so it’s perfectly plausible for them to have decided to scrap that idea and go with Warhorn instead.

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

Sadly most of the data-mined sword skills were placeholder dagger skills, so it’s perfectly plausible for them to have decided to scrap that idea and go with Warhorn instead.

Which hopefully they’ll scrap as well. Debut of awesome new system for introducing cool updates to classes and they go with the most boring weapon (not even a real weapon tbh) in the game that has the worst skins and animations.

Way to hype it up. Warhorns blow, don’t go with it.

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

I totally agree. I was super excited when I saw that Sword Elementalist was actually a possibility, I’ve waited a long time for it. My heart sunk a little yesterday when I read that Warhorn may be on the table. Please Anet.. just no, go back to sword.

(edited by Autumn.8043)

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

I totally agree. I was super excited when I saw that Sword Elementalist was actually a possibility, I’ve waiting a long time for it. My heart sunk a little yesterday when I read that Warhorn may be on the table. Please Anet.. just no, go back to sword.

I had to log off and go to bed. I’m still upset at it TBH that it might be the case. Sword had me all excited to no end, and this ruined it (will ruin it if it’s true).

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

My warhon can slash and thrust and do incredible damage to cotton candy!

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

My warhon can slash and thrust and do incredible damage to cotton candy!

Completely thought this was going elsewhere.. dirty mind.

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

warhorn is still 8 new skills bear in mind.

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

warhorn is still 8 new skills bear in mind.

I would be ok also with 2h weapon with 20 new skills and 5th attument for even more.

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: rampantapart.7420

rampantapart.7420

And all I can think of when I see that image is this scene.

https://youtu.be/nDmi5ZrIVhM?t=2m2s

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alesthes.4287

Alesthes.4287

I totally agree. I was super excited when I saw that Sword Elementalist was actually a possibility, I’ve waiting a long time for it. My heart sunk a little yesterday when I read that Warhorn may be on the table. Please Anet.. just no, go back to sword.

I had to log off and go to bed. I’m still upset at it TBH that it might be the case. Sword had me all excited to no end, and this ruined it (will ruin it if it’s true).

Agreed. The most upsetting and disappoiting thing about the expansion so far. I was incredibly excited about a Sword themed elementalist called Tempest, with physical skills. And now, a horn? Seriously? I would be incredibly kittened off if that’s actually the case. Let’s really hope it’s still Sword…

- Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers Community
Piken Square – EU Unofficial RP server
Tarnished Coast – US Unofficial RP server

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jonandu.2073

Jonandu.2073

Guys let’s stay on topic this is not about the crappy warhorn, we have a thread for that!…

but with that said if we do get warhorn… I will stop playing and come back at a later time when they add better specs… But stay on topic about the awesome background for the tempest!

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Actually there is rather a lot of evidence that we are getting a Warhorn (I have to agree with others, it sucks). A Warhorn skin has been datamined with a water/cloud theme, you can find out more on Reddit.

That’s like saying this is evidence we are going to get a Raven based specialization. It’s a skin, and nothing more, with no real connection to our specialization. If being ‘wind’ based automatically means its part of our specialization than I expect to be given the full suite of Zephyr weapons upon the release of HoT.

And they were on daggers because that’s how you test new abilities in a game, you put them on an existing game object, its a giant waste of time and resources to create entirely new game objects just for testing purposes.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alesthes.4287

Alesthes.4287

That’s like saying this is evidence we are going to get a Raven based specialization. It’s a friggin’ skin, with no real connection to our specialization, if being ‘wind’ based automatically means its part of our specialization than I expect to be given the full suite of Zephyr weapons upon the release of HoT.

Unfortunately it is not just like that.
That Warhorn skin was datamined within a series of Ascended weapons, all coming from the latest patch, all with peculiar stats, and most being known Elite Specialization weapon skins, showed in the previews.
So no, unfortunately there’s a consistent rationale to think this Warhorn is not a generic skin, but an Elite Specialization one. May still not be the case, for sure, and I HOPE it is not the case. But it’s not that far-fetched.

- Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers Community
Piken Square – EU Unofficial RP server
Tarnished Coast – US Unofficial RP server

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

Man I was so excited for HoT, but getting warhorn would just kill any anticipation I had for the expansion. Warhorn is so lame compared to ANY of the other weapons in the game. Cmon Anet…. I really really hope that is just a gemstore skin or something.

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Last thing we need is another offhand weapon. We need dual staves, with main hand/second hand changing skills from the normal staff skills.

Tempest Background!!!!?

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well that picture is worth nothing. It doesn’t really show anything different that what the current ele couldn’t do.