Tempest Changes Wishlist

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Overloads:

• All Overloads now grant superspeed while channeling by default.
  • Overload Fire: now grants aoe retaliation when finishing the cast.
  • Overload Water: now converts 2 conditions on allies into boons when finishing the cast.
  • Overload Air: range increased to 750.
  • Overload Earth: now also pulses aoe bleeding.

Traits:

• Minor Adept Trait: added Overloads granting superspeed while channeling.
  • Minor Master Trait: Reworked – now instead grants protection when you gain swiftness or superspeed. 10ish seconds cooldown.
  • Minor Grandmaster Trait: Reworked – now instead heals you (for a minor amount) whenever you gain a boon.
  • Unstable Conduit: now grants the aura when you start overloading instead of when you finish the cast. Now also reduces Overload cooldowns by 20%.
  • Tempestuous Aria: now also reduces the recharge of shouts by 20%.
  • Earthen Proxy: Reworked – now instead gives you retaliation when you gain protection.
  • Harmonious Conduits: Reworked – now instead gives you a single stack of stability when channeling a skill.
  • Lucid Singularity: Reworked – now instead grants you retaliation, aegis and protection after staying in an attunement for 10 seconds. 20ish second cooldown, per attunement.
  • Elemental Bastian: now casts an instant Flash-Freeze when hit below 75% instead of giving a frost aura. 30 seconds cooldown.

Shouts:

• Wash the Pain away: now also heals you for an additional 2000 health after finishing the cast.
  • Flashfreeze: now also inflicts a single stack of torment.
  • Feel the Burn: now inflicts 2 stacks of burning.
  • Shock and Aftershock: now also inflicts 5 stacks of bleeding.
  • Eye of the Storm: now also grants shocking aura.
  • Rebound: Reworked – Shout and infuse your allies with surges of energy, granting them Aegis and the aura corresponding to your current attunement. Now also instant cast. 60 seconds cooldown.

Warhorn:

• Wildfire (fire 5): cooldown reduced to 25 seconds.
  • Sandsquall (earth 4): now also is a Blast Finisher.

What’s your Tempest Changes Wishlist?

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

My tempest wishlist is in my general beta feedback thread, but I like this one a lot too! The only issue with yours is that your minor GM trait idea will make the salty necromancers angry about stealing the only good reaper trait, so I feel like it should function like altruistic healing instead, and heal others when granting a boon and/or pulsing an actually good heal during a channel.

Lucid singularity was also supposed to grant self healing during channels according tot he initial article post about it in 10tonhammer, but that was scrapped for some reason.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

• Minor Grandmaster Trait: Reworked – now instead heals you (for a minor amount) whenever you gain a boon.

Wouldn’t that be completely overpowered on an Elementalist that can very easily apply boons?

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

Ok, I’m bored so here’s some suggestions:

Overloads

• Overloads should be more rewarding if successfully channeled
  • All overloads take 5 seconds to channel, with effects occurring every second while channeling
  • Finishing a channel grants boons and summons some sort of entity based on the attunement
  • The entity performs the same tasks as actually overloading that attunement, but somewhat weaker
  • The entity is untargetable and slowly follows the player
  • The entity disappears when changing attunements or starting overloading the current attunement, but otherwise stays around for a long time

Overload Fire
Pulse Damage: 616
Pulse Burning (2s): 263 damage
5 Pulses
Radius: 180
On Finish Channeling: 5 Might (20s)
On Finish Channeling: Summon Fire Entity

Fire Entity
Pulse Damage: 308
Pulse Burning (2s) : 263 damage
30 Pulses
Radius: 180

Overload Water
Pulse Healing: 616
Pulse Condition Removal: 1
5 Pulses
Radius: 600
On Finish Channeling: Regeneration (20s): 2600 health
On Finish Channeling: Summon Water Entity

Water Entity
Pulse Healing: 308
Pulse Condition Removal: 1
30 Pulses

Overload Air
Pulse Damage: 616
Pulse Vulnerability (10s)
5 Pulses
Radius: 360
On Finish Channeling: Swiftness (20s)
On Finish Channeling: Summon Air Entity

Air Entity
Pulse Vulnerability (10s)
30 Pulses
Radius: 360

Overload Earth
Pulse Protection: 1s
5 Pulses
On Finish Channeling: 10 Stability (10s)
On Finish Channeling: Summon Earth Entity

Earth Entity
Pulse Damage: 154
Pulse Protection: 1s
30 Pulses

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

My changes wishlist. I have some things like you because I think they are pretty good ideas:

Overloads:

• Change animations for Fire (rediculous whirling), Water and Air overload. Make Earth overload final part better (Now it looks like you are flying, make it like that you are actually thrusting that rock back into the ground by you hands)
  • Overload Fire – increase final damage, increase radius, grants aoe retalation at the end of casting
  • Overload Water – increase final healing, convert 2 conditions into boons on nearby allies at the end of casting
  • Overload Air – increase radius, increase damage, daze foes at the end of casting
  • Overload Earth – now also pulses aoe bleeding

Shouts:

• “Wash the Pain Away!” – now also heals you for an additional 2000 health after finishing the cast
  • “Feel the Burn!” – now inflicts 2 stacks of burning
  • “Eye of the Storm!” – now also grants shocking aura
  • “Shock and Aftershock!” – decrease cd to 45 sec, split the “Aftershock” to 2nd skill available after the “Shock”. Recharging starts at the moment “Shock” is used. “Shock” grants that magnetic aura. “Aftershock” is instant and deals bleeding
  • “Flash-Freeze!” – make it instant cast, increase damage a little, reduce cd to 30 sec
  • “Rebound.” – Complete rework: Reduces recharge of your attunements by 50%, daze nearby enemies for 1/2 sec, damage and inflict weakness on them, you and nearby allies gain aura based on your attunement. Increase cd to 100 sec. Instant cast.

Warhorn:

• Change warhorn casting animations and sound (Effect animations are good)
  • Wildfire – reduce cd to 25 sec
  • Water Globe – decrease speed of the field
  • Lightning Orb – decrease speed of the orb, increase attack radius of the orb
  • Sandsquall – now also blast finisher
  • Make some cool warhorn skins

Traits:

• Minor 1: Added Overloads granting superspeed while channeling.
  • Minor 2: Now instead grants protection when you gain swiftness or superspeed. 10 sec cd.
  • Minor 3: Now instead heals you (for a minor amount) whenever you gain a boon.
  • Unstable Conduit: Now grants the aura when you start overloading instead of when you finish the cast. Now also reduces Overload cooldowns by 20%.
  • Latent Stamina: Reworked – Now you gain a boon and some heal if your overload is interrupted: Fire: Retalation, Water: Vigor, Air: Fury, Earth: Aegis.
  • Gale song: No change.
  • Tempestuous Aria – Now also reduces the recharge of shouts by 20%.
  • Harmonious Conduit: Reworked – Now gain stacking bonus to you stats each 2 (or 3 maybe?) sec when you stay in an attunement. Maximum 5 stacks. Resets on changing attunement. Fire – power, water – healing, air – precision, earth – toughness
  • Earthen Proxy: Reworked – Now instead gives you retaliation when you gain protection.
  • Elemental Bastion: Now casts an instant Flash-Freeze when hit below 75% instead of giving a frost aura. 30 seconds cd. Auras still heals allies.
  • Lucid Singularity: Reworked – Now instead grants you retaliation, aegis and protection after staying in an attunement for 10 seconds. 20ish second cooldown, per attunement. Remove the 1st movement-impeding condition while overloading.
  • Imbued Melodies: Now also gain 1 stack of might per ally stun breaked by you.
I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

(edited by Avador.8934)

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

my wishlist: scrap tempest and add a sword duellist with stances. problems solved.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

my wishlist: scrap tempest and add a sword duellist with stances. problems solved.

then when your sword is worse than dagger youll cry and ask for a rework right

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Yeah, this is in my wishlist too. But sadly it’s too late for this. But who knows, maybe we’ll see this in some future elite spec…

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: CDUB.1645

CDUB.1645

Lets just make warhorn available for mh and oh.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

then when your sword is worse than dagger youll cry and ask for a rework right

You assume it’s worse for what reason? If anything, it has far more potential as the MH weapon is a lot more defining of a play-style.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

The Elite Shout “Rebound” should affect overload abilities and yet it doesn’t……

WTF bruhhhh…..

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I am not sure there all that much you can do with out making tempest stronger in every way then the ele class. Tempest only gives up one line out of 3 to be a tempest getting 4 overlode skills and the abitly to use shouts / wh. To add much more to tempest may end up killing ele as a viable chose.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Rebound affected my overload, last I checked.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

I am not sure there all that much you can do with out making tempest stronger in every way then the ele class. Tempest only gives up one line out of 3 to be a tempest getting 4 overlode skills and the abitly to use shouts / wh. To add much more to tempest may end up killing ele as a viable chose.

An ability to use to bad skills doesn’t make one a stronger choice.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Rebound affected my overload, last I checked.

Doesn’t work with Earth Overload. On the other hand, it does work with autoattacks and attunement swap (before you say it’s intended, it doesn’t modify its recharge).

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

For me it’s: Remove it and come up with a different elite spec.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Throwing here one a idea i just had

Instead of putting your attunement on a 20sec cd, put all your spell on a 20sec cd (exept AA). Note i said PUT and not ADD, meaning if you spell is on like 30sec cd, it goes unaffected. Allows to keep attunement dancing (understand: overloading water isnt suicide annymore), if you trait cdr on overload AND cdr in one attunement, unused spell goes on ~13sec cd which is perfect for tempest. You spend 10-12sec waiting for attunement recharge, now you spend like 1-3sec waiting for cd to go ff, you cast your needed spell … BAM 5sec in attunement spend. Overload avaible, press and repeat.
Still need a buff to overload to be worth casting tho

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Legendofzelda.1278

Legendofzelda.1278

I think tempest would be allot better by simply adding stability while overloading and making the aoe bigger; protections should probably last the whole duration too. I would also like to see them reflect projectiles, but I didn’t want to go overboard.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

An ability to use to bad skills doesn’t make one a stronger choice.

But the chose dose tempest only lose one line and it gets at least 4 skills for it where the other specialization lose one line and f1-f5 skills. If you truly want to buff tempest you need it to lose its f1-f5 skills and have them replaces with another set and no not new atuments comply replacement.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Throwing here one a idea i just had

Instead of putting your attunement on a 20sec cd, put all your spell on a 20sec cd (exept AA). Note i said PUT and not ADD, meaning if you spell is on like 30sec cd, it goes unaffected. Allows to keep attunement dancing (understand: overloading water isnt suicide annymore), if you trait cdr on overload AND cdr in one attunement, unused spell goes on ~13sec cd which is perfect for tempest. You spend 10-12sec waiting for attunement recharge, now you spend like 1-3sec waiting for cd to go ff, you cast your needed spell … BAM 5sec in attunement spend. Overload avaible, press and repeat.
Still need a buff to overload to be worth casting tho

That’s an interesting thought.

SO the 2-5 skills go on a 15-20 sec (depending on traits) CD rather than the attunement.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adelas.6598

Adelas.6598

From Reddit:

>You should be able to switch attunements during overload without interrupting it. Often I’ll REALLY need that heal from switching to water but I can’t do it while overloading.

>WAY too easy to interrupt. Every overload should give a couple seconds of a single stack of stability during the second half of channeling, or have a break bar.

I second these statements. If I am investing 5 seconds of wait time, plus 20ish seconds of cooldown time, in a major skill that has to be channeled, it is really discouraging to get interrupted, or worse yet, to interrupt yourself by needing to move out of a field or dodge.

I’d love to see the overloads become an instant-cast, “background” skill that allows me to continue on my merry elementalist way doing other stuff while the overload happens. Even if it lengthened the attunement cooldown to like 30 or 40 seconds, even if you had to trait for the instant cast (choosing between that and reduced cooldown).

I traited my tempest in fire, arcana, and tempest, with scepter/warhorn and the celestial gear, and found that in PvE

• when I was in fire attunement I was unstoppable. As soon as I swapped out to try the other things, my DPS seemed to go WAY, WAY, WAY down. Part of this could be that I just don’t know the scepter skills (user error), but I definitely felt like when I was in water and earth, in particular, my HP just drained away. As soon as I swapped back into fire, I killed everything like crazy. I did trait the +10% dmg in fire trait, but this was wayyy more than 10%.
  • I didn’t like the shouts. I think part of this was because I was playing solo, and I needed DPS more than I needed CC or boons. They sound fine, but I just didn’t feel like they were helping much in my solo play.
    *I kept trying to do water overload as my health was approaching zero and I wouldn’t be able to get it cast/channeled and would get downed.
  • The warhorn skills’ cooldown was too long. I also wish the warhorn skills were stronger offensively. I feel like fire 4 is a completely useless skill with a too-long cooldown. I can stack might other ways.
  • I wish the earth shout would give me a block instead of just magnetic aura. I do understand auras are kind of central to some builds, but I wish I could block melee attacks and not just projectiles with this skill.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

1. Unlink Warhorn and Shouts from Tempest. They aren’t that great that they should require a spec line to use.

2. Change Latent Stamina to Latent Potential – Gain the following effects for each trait line you DO NOT have equipped.
a. Fire – 33% chance to cause 2 seconds of burning when attuned to Fire
b. Air – +25% movement speed when attuned to Air
c. Earth – Gain 3 seconds of protection when attuning to Earth.
d. Water – Gain 4 seconds of Regeneration when attuning to Water.
e. Arcane – Attunements recharge 15% faster.

3. Replace Imbued Melodies with Powerful Shouts.
a. Shout cooldown are reduced 20%
b. Shouts apply the following based on attunement:
i. Water – Remove one condition.
ii. Air – Gain 3 seconds of Super Speed.
iii. Earth – Gain 3 seconds of Protection.
iv. Fire – Apply 2 seconds of burning to 3 targets in a 200 radius.

4. Replace Earthen Proxy with Imbued Melodies –
a. Warhorn recharges 20% faster.
b. Gain the following when using warhorn abilities:
i. Combo Finisher: Blast (20% chance).

5. Change Lucid Singularity – Applies 2 Stacks of Stability per second while overloading.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

This may sound crazy, but you know what I would like?

Fire Overload:
Channel: 2s
Effect during channel: Same animation but you release only smoke. Creates smoke field centered on you (moves with you) that applies blindness (1s per pulse) to enemies and might to allies (2 stacks per pulse).
Effect after channel: Smoke bursts into a tornado of fire. Causes damage equal to a Burning Speed and applies 3 stacks of burn to enemies in blast area. Allies gain 3 stacks of might and fire aura (5s). Leaves 5s tornado of fire that works as a fire field that causes burn (1 stack per pulse) and does damage (slightly lower than Staff 2) to enemies.

Air Overload:
Channel: 1s
Targetable AoE: Range 1500, radius 360.
Effect after channel:
- Duration 5s. Enemies in area are struck by lightning (same as currently, including damage dealt).
- During the 5s you may activate the overload again by pressing F3 (1/2s cast time) to teleport to the area doing damage equal to a RtL and stunning enemies for 1.5s. Allies in the area gain shocking aura if used like this.

Water:
Channel: 2s
Effect during channel: Animation completely reworked, it becomes a dance movement ala The Last Airbender when water bending. Enemies in the area have 1 boon converted into a condi and allies have 1 condi converted to boon per pulse. Heals allies per pulse (around 1k per pulse).
Effect after channel: A whirlpool forms on the ground centered on you. Allies heal 3k, clear 2 condi and gain regeneration. Enemies are pulled to center of whirlpool (works as an interrupt) and suffer fumble, chill and vulnerability (5 stacks).

Earth attunement:
Channel time: 4s (but may be shorter)
Effect during channel: Animation similar to as it is now. Gain superspeed during channeling. Does damage (similar Ring of Earth) and bleed (3 stacks) per pulse to enemies around the tempest. Allies in the area gain protection and stability (2 stacks).
Effect after channel (or if triggered before): Animation changed to jumping down (similar to Earthquake) and the Tempest bursts the rocks. Does damage (about double of Ring of Earth). Knockdown to enemies in the area and applies bleeding (4 stacks). Allies gain protection and stability.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

My biggest hope is that water and earth are not essentially required to be a tempest. Since this class is designed around being close range, we need to have the tools available in the tempest trait line to stay alive, especially since overload essentially locks us out of doing anything else.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Altair.8402

My suggested trait changes:

Minor Adept:
Singularity: Can overload attunements.

Minor Master:
Enervating Boons: Applying boons to allies gives endurance.

Minor Grandmaster:
Gale Song: Trigger “Eye of the Storm” when CC’d.

Major Adept:
Latent Stamina: Auras you apply also apply vigor.
Tempestuous Aria: Shouts give might and weakness. CD reduced by 20%.
Imbued Melodies: Warhorn abilities break stun for nearby allies. CD reduced by 20%.

Major Master:
Speedy Conduit: Gain swiftness and quickness when overloading an attunement.
Hardy Conduit: Gain protection and resistance when overloading an attunement.
Stable Conduit: Gain stability when overloading an attunement.

Major Grandmaster:
Element Bastion: After completing overload, apply auras to nearby allies. Auras heal when applied.
Element Potency: After completing overload, same attunement skills do 10% additional damage for 20 seconds.
Element Furor: After completing overload, reset all other attunement CDs. Attunements can be overloaded after 3 seconds.

(edited by Altair.8402)

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

The problem with an ‘ability break stun for nearby allies’ trait, as pointed out by WP in one of his videos, is that the recharge on that skill will trigger whether it breaks a stun or not, so it’s not at all reliable.

i.e.

I cast a warhorn skill, now 45 second recharge starts on the stunbreak, whether it breaks stun or not.
20 seconds later, I get stunned.
Casting a warhorn skill will not break this stun.

Also out of your major masters, Stable Conduit is clearly the one to take. What would quickness even do if you can’t use any skills?

I really like your Element Potency and I think that should be inherent to the class. Right now it does not feel like you are overloading anything.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I spent most of the weekend with the reaper, so I only have a few ideas:

#1: Merge Lucid Singularity and Speedy Conduit as the adept master trait. This leaves an open spot in the master tier.
#2: Add a 20% cooldown trait to Tempestuous Aria.
#3: Increase the protection duration of Hardy Conduit by 2 seconds to 5 seconds base.
#4: Unstable Conduit needs to use 2 auras. First when the channel is started. Second when the channel ends. That way, the ele has 10 seconds of continuous Aura.
#5: Double the base healing and scaling healing of Elemental Bastion.

That’s all for now. Still not sure what to do with Earthen Proxy or Latent Stamina.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Altair.8402

Also out of your major masters, Stable Conduit is clearly the one to take. What would quickness even do if you can’t use any skills?

You could channel faster.

Tempest Changes Wishlist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Warhorn stunbreaks are stupid…..the stunbreak part is nice but would be better applied to attunement overloads/shouts rather than the silly warhorn abilities, which need fine tuning all around anyways.

Sad to see that all of the overloads are practically melee skills. There should be at least one with an increased range, Air makes the most sense, but even fire/earth should be upgraded to 240 radius, with Air jumping to 480.

Tidal surge (WH#4 water) should definitely have a longer range than melee though, it’s nearly useless as is. Lightning Orb (WH#5 Air) should travel slower to improve the efficiency on single targets as they mostly only launch 2-3 missles if the enemy is within 240 range before they are out of range of the orb, ither increase the range on the missles or slow down the travel speed of the orb, Dealer’s Choice. Dust Storm(WH#5 Earth) Is also lackluster as is, change it so the dust tornadoes spawn on the enemy targeted instead of the player who cast it. I just simply do not like Heat sync, so sorry but give me something actually useful, I can generate all that might without even thinking about it and I’m already giving most of it in an aoe anyways so replace it with a skill that applies blind and removes 2 conditions perhaps?

Shouts are pretty decent though, Rebound would be far better with instant cast or simply removing the delay between casting it and receiving the buff, which could be a bug? Could use Arcane shield for it’s aura as well….why not? Flash freeze could become a single target ice block stun perhaps? Doesn’t seem to appealing at the moment.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald