Tempest D/W Fresh Air DPS in Raids

in Elementalist

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

Hey,

I’ve been very curious about what DPS the D/W Fresh Air build actually puts out in raids in optimal settings so I decided to record a good run of it.

This is by no means perfect play but should showcase realistic numbers, I used the jynX dps meter with recommended settings as well as compared it to manually computed DPS.

• Manually entered numbers can be found here and it resulted in 31.5k DPS.
  • jynX showed a DPS of 31.9k after excluding the damage dealt to the Seekers.

This shows that there is an error but it seems pretty minimal. Or maybe I managed to stare myself blind and made a mistake

Anyhow, this was way more DPS than I suspected it to be.

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

I’d love to see an actual full video, not these clips you keep putting up.

Impressive nonetheless.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I love how when Keyz said it was good people were like “lol staff lol bolt to the heart.” I’m glad people are waking up finally.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

This is awesome! Now I’m definitely not going back to staff!! I’m just way more comfortable with D/x….dat mobility!!! Just curious, how does this compare with staff DPS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

This is awesome! Now I’m definitely not going back to staff!! I’m just way more comfortable with D/x….dat mobility!!! Just curious, how does this compare with staff DPS?

Against Vale Guardian specifically the damage is almost certainly much better with D/W since most of the high dps staff skills require the target to remain stationary for the duration. The same applies obviously to any other mobile target in open world.

As far as the other raid bosses go:

Staff is substantially better than every other weapon against Gorseval. He gets hit with almost the entirety of meteor shower, and lava font to clear orbs from range and cleave the wall/spirits means that you maintain extremely high dps even while performing vital utility functions.

Against Sabetha I have no idea which one is better, though I can say with absolute certainty that staff is much easier to execute if you don’t have a lot of practice on the fight. My raid group has run D/W tempest for this fight (though we also ran 2 staff tempests at the same time), mainly because we were lacking protection and the swap to earth for 22 seconds of aoe protection is less of a dps loss as D/W. But even besides that, repeatedly granting static charge to allies on top of the fairly solid overload air dps is some pretty crazy damage. It’s definitely something I’m going to look into.

A few reasons I can see that it might compare unfavorably with staff here is that 1.) a lot times near the end of the sabetha fight it is difficult to stand near her for extended periods of time; 2.) Bolt to the Heart may only be active for half of the fight, but the last 25% of the fight is substantially harder than the rest, so it is really active all the time it actually matters; 3.) lava font is extremely quick and safe turret clearing utility.

I would definitely like to hear from others about D/W vs staff, maybe when I have some free time I’ll math it out and see how it looks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Roul.3205

Roul.3205

A few reasons I can see that it might compare unfavorably with staff here is that 1.) a lot times near the end of the sabetha fight it is difficult to stand near her for extended periods of time; 2.) Bolt to the Heart may only be active for half of the fight, but the last 25% of the fight is substantially harder than the rest, so it is really active all the time it actually matters; 3.) lava font is extremely quick and safe turret clearing utility.

Don’t forget that sabetha doesn’t move, thats rly good for staff ele ^^

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I’m still on the staff camp (because I adore German), but I’m glad about this number and I can totally imagine Zelyhn smiling from ears to ears with a glass of red wine on one hand and blue cheese on the other on top of the Eiffel Tower.

“C’est Magnifique, Particlar!”

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

Snowball.3497

Thanks!

To answer your question Iris on the stream the other day, I ran some tests comparing sigil of air and critting with sigil of hydromancy. From a maths perspective we need 330% critical damage in order to reach the breakpoint where they are equal, which sadly is unreachable.

I found out another thing I hadn’t realised before. It’s still not more than a theory so don’t take it as gospel, but it seems that sigil of air takes the weapons strength from the weapon that was used with the skill that procced the sigil. Say D/W AA procs the sigil it will take the weapon strength from the dagger.

Origin of Diboof

(edited by Snowball.3497)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

i been having a lot of fun with overloading since after update and hot when everyone was crying about how rubbish tempest is etc etc and how useless warhorn is blah blah.. now that more people adopting it.. i can see nerf is coming! :P plssssss dont nerf

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Can you post your build? I’ve been using D/F and i’m only getting 18-22k dps. Does warhorn really make that much of a difference?

in Elementalist

Snowball.3497

Origin of Diboof

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Using it in fractals, fun build and dat damage

in Elementalist

ZudetGambeous.9573

Thanks, pretty similar to what i’m using, i’ll have to try out this exact build and see!

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrEckers.2039

DrEckers.2039

Why Toxic maintence Oil? this build is power based not condi.

in Elementalist

Snowball.3497

Because toxic gives the exact same precision as the usual maintenance oil plus 10% condition duration for your burning from your fire fields.

Small increase, but an increase none the less.

Origin of Diboof

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Ey, thanks for the test Particlar. Although, I’m surprised at the 330% crit damage requirement, I’d probably just leave that sigil for pvp and whatnot.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

ZudetGambeous.9573

Well no matter what I do I couldn’t match these numbers. I was constantly getting 18-22k dps. Basically I get 22k on VG, 20k on Gor, and 18k on Sabetha.

My lightning storm hits do 4.9k, no where near the 7k you are getting. Not sure what my problem is. I don’t have infusion yet, but other than that everything is the same.

Maybe i’ll try setting up some recording software so I can go back and look.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Well no matter what I do I couldn’t match these numbers. I was constantly getting 18-22k dps. Basically I get 22k on VG, 20k on Gor, and 18k on Sabetha.

My lightning storm hits do 4.9k, no where near the 7k you are getting. Not sure what my problem is. I don’t have infusion yet, but other than that everything is the same.

Same food? Same group comp + buffs (alacrity/GOTL/Assassins Presence)?

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

ZudetGambeous.9573

Same food? Same group comp + buffs (alacrity/GOTL/Assassins Presence)?

Well that’s one of the reasons I want to try recording. It is hard to focus on the rotation and positioning while also checking my buffs. I feel like I must have been missing some of my buffs. I know on sabetha that I was at 25 might, pera quickness, alacrity, and fury, but I don’t know if I was getting the other banners/class buffs.

I’ll keep practicing I guess. I doubt i’ll ever be good enough to get to 31k, but I was thinking I could hit 26-28k at least.