Tempest HoT jungle chill mode build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tiggers.3890

Tiggers.3890

Back Story:

Pre HoT I did what all ele’s did, DPS DPS I NEED MORE DPS AAAARRRRR!!!!

Then comes HoT jungle which, honestly, DPS works just fine but it’s… irritating sometimes. Run into those pocket raptors? How about those mushrooms? The shadow stalk beast thing? Having 15 mordrem spawn out of the blue when you are just chilling at a WP? Yea… thats not a great feeling, esp since the jungle is pretty new and I want to explore a bit without always having to be on alert or else I get pwned.

On top of that, tempest ES to me anyway isn’t as exciting to try as herald or reaper or (what I’m working on currently) leveling a mesmer so I can do chronomancer, I kinda put my ele on the shelf. And that makes me sad since ele was my first lvl 80 I had.

What I’m looking for:
A tempest based build (so I have an excuse to grind HPs) that makes exploring the jungle much easier, do the events and just have some fun! I’ve heard people talking about the supporty auramancer build but the caveat is always “THIS BUILD IS BAD!!! But hey its fun so… try it!” So yea… I’m game!

TL;DR
Me want tempest build for PvE specifically the jungle and jungle based meta events. And maybe even dungeons and low lvl fractals as a bonus for a different playstyle (though I can always swap to DPS AAARRRRGGG!!!! build/gear if necessary)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Hmm I feel the DPS …………………………

I have a lot of fun running this in WvW and PvE.
This build might look strange, crazy and underpowerd but it beats power builds, escapes mob masses, runs through arbor with ease and melts monsters.
But this build it totaly personal preference and i like to build diffrent. But this kitten thing works :-).
I swap air sigil in for running around and often change back before combat.
Also FSG is totally great in this build. The 180 CD sucks and i try rebound a bit.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdn0XC9XiVYCOOAcYiFBAzN1+aztBBgQZRcIIsDSiA-TFSNABOo+DA6BUZ/BmOBA1oE6FlP5oEM1HAQAAEAO6OP6O35OLEQ5JA-w

I have prickly pear pies and toxic oil in my back. This is the cheap standard food version :-)

Currently i am thinking of the new armor types like viper and trailblazer if this might do some good. Its tempting.

Grettings

Wolf

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zicarous.2134

Zicarous.2134

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Neko’s build works well. If you want a bit more lazy, swap the zerk armor for cav and maybe a zerk weapon to knight. Reach that 1700 toughness and just face tank most things.