Tempest Skill Types?

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

So what typs of skills will be associated with the new Tempest Trait line.

Wont be Shouts bc Necro got shout
Wont be Trap Guard got Trap
Wont Be Wells Mez got Wells

What is there left that would best fit a “tempest”

My money is on stance skills.
Water stance / Fire Stance ect.

Anyone have another of idea what we might get?

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They didn’t say they wouldn’t double up on any, just that they would all be existing types. Definitely shouts.

“Freeze!”
“You’re fired!”
“You’re full of hot air!”
“I’ll rock your world!”

And of course, the heal, “Water you doing, trying to kill me!?”

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

Hahaha i laughed so hard my eyes started crying.

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

They actually said in one of the articles that “at least one elite specialization would get a full set of six shouts”. So the tempest could very well get shouts, although when that article came out in april they probably weren’t very far along into tempest at the time. Plus thematically shouts go with warhorn (please don’t open a can of worms on me), as all the current warhorn users have shouts or will be getting shouts.

And yes those are so funny ronpierce! You just need an elite shout and you’re all set!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I would say mantras or concentrations could be a good fit for tempest. The first would allow fast blend of dofferent attack types at the same time, whereas the second would be a bit of a storm field

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Remedy.3429

Remedy.3429

I really like mantras and think they’d make sense with the theme of tempest. They take time to brew then unless rapidly, just like a monsoon or hurricane.

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: kalevinrajo.8360

kalevinrajo.8360

Okay so this is kind of a weird idea, but, hear me out.

What is a “tempest?” It’s a storm, a violent swirl. What do Eles have that matches that description already? Tornado Form, obvious. An AOE knockback/CC. Glyph of Storms, also obvious, AOE damage/conditions. Swirling Winds match the description of a tempest, a wide AOE denial. So, we can infer Tempest involves some form of AOE…something.

Look at the Tempest artwork again (which I don’t have the link off the top of my head, sorry). The Ele doesn’t have anything in his hand. It looks like there’s a sword planted in the ground, though, on the left side of the screen in the middle of the fire storm. (Which is my strongest thread of hope I’m clinging to for not-warhorn, but that’s neither here nor there.)

So, we have AOEs, and something planted in the ground to trigger it.

My idea is, Tempest can get turrets. Or wards. Or spirits. Something along those lines.

Concept: you plant a weapon into the ground to trigger an area effect. We don’t have a tool bar like engies do, so say it goes away after a while. Or whenever you pick up the item. While the AOE is active, press the skill again to trigger an additional effect. If they go with the weapon planting route as hinted in the artwork, then your weapon skills become weaker while the AOE is active. Or lose the attributes of that element, because that attunement is being channeled by something else; magical attacks become non elemental, dagger/sword becomes stabs or slashes, etc.

In essence, you tradeoff a strong long-lasting AOE (for damage or soft denial a la Meteor Storm/Glyph of Storms) for usage of one or more of your elements, while you run around and do more stuff elsewhere. This gives us a bit more area denial; the storms can be used to generate conditions; and provides a bit more risk/reward to playing up close and personal.

If we end up with warhorn instead, then…the idea loses a lot of oomph, but could still be pulled off. The AOEs would end up being more like ranger spirits than anything else.

I dunno. Does that overlap too much with wells/traps?

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

Just by the name Tempest and from the specializations we already know I imagine Tempest to be all about control and support via slow and blind, knock downs and stuns but with fewer skills that deal damage.

I would like his mechanic to be a minor control condition on element switch like chill when you turn to water, cripple on earth, blind on air and immobilize on fire. Those conditions could last 1-2 secs or even trigger the longer you stay on an element instead of on element switch.

Also I would love to see some new mechanics on the utility skills such as pull, taunt or float effects.

Utility Skills Examples:
- Summon a tornado that pulls enemies in and blinds them,
or Summon a tornado that floats enemies that caught on it, enemies get a small damage when they land.
- Release forward a line of 5 mini whirlwinds that knock down foes they touch and cripple them. The whirlwinds disappear after they hit an enemy, if not they continue moving on random directions for few seconds until they fade away.
(the cast works as “Fiery Whirl” but without the caster moving)
- Create a storm wall that slows enemies that try to cross it and applying fury to your allies. (also could apply other boons like quickness or swiftness – but maybe too op)
- Summon a cyclone that applies taunt to the enemies and gives stability to the allies that try to touch it. The cyclone stays still and can be killed.
- Summon a wind storm that vanish you and your allies into thin air for a few seconds (stealth) the storm applies 3 stacks of vulnerability with each pulse to the enemies that stay inside it.

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

ronpierce.2760

They didn’t say they wouldn’t double up on any, just that they would all be existing types. Definitely shouts.

“Freeze!”
“You’re fired!”
“I’ll rock your world!”

Eh, close enough. 1/5 isn’t bad… :P

http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-tempest-revealed

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

“Freeze!”
“You’re fired!”
“I’ll rock your world!”

Eh, close enough. 1/5 isn’t bad… :P

http://www.tentonhammer.com/news/guild-wars-2/guild-wars-2-tempest-revealed

I like your shouts better

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

wow right on the money!

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

Yeah I knew it would be shouts, I predicted shouts and warhorn long before the reveal because the first article about elite specs in April said “at least one profession will be getting a full set of 6 shouts”. And I was right, based on that one sentence

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Yeah I knew it would be shouts, I predicted shouts and warhorn long before the reveal because the first article about elite specs in April said “at least one profession will be getting a full set of 6 shouts”. And I was right, based on that one sentence

Let ronpierce have his limelight.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

ronpierce.2760

Let ronpierce have his limelight.

Thanks, homie friend. It’s my favorite kind of light.

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

Oh yeah I remember this now! I like your shout names better than the ones they came up with lol.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Did tempest got a full set?

Rebound! – As the only arcane skill available to the tempest, this shout affects all allies around you and causes their next ability to have a 25% reduced recharge.

What does it even mean? It has two types or what?

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

Did tempest got a full set?

Rebound! – As the only arcane skill available to the tempest, this shout affects all allies around you and causes their next ability to have a 25% reduced recharge.

What does it even mean? It has two types or what?

Yes its a full set, and yes rebound is a shout. It just falls under an arcane elemental style, much like freeze is water and feel the burn is fire. Idk if recharge traits for water/fire/arcane skills will actually effect the shouts though, but its possible.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Tempest Skill Types?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Freeze! is perfect, and Feel the burn! is very fitting, but Eye of the storm! and Aftershock! are weird phrases to shout. Can we riot to change the names? At the very least let’s go with the I’ll rock your world! suggestion.