Tempest Status Update

Tempest Status Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: DemonNinja.1602

DemonNinja.1602

Q:

Any word on what the status of the Tempest will be going into HoT? Would love to see some final thoughts on the community feedback from the developers after this last beta weekend. If there was 1 thing you could change about the tempest, and onlyt one thing, what would it be?

Aerilon Starsider
Elementalist Extraordinaire
http://twitch.tv/dustydemonninja

Tempest Status Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: grahf.7540

grahf.7540

The silence is not a good sign I don’t think… But anyway if they could only change one thing I think it must be making some stability baseline in the Tempest line, for all attunements.

Tempest Status Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

No word yet. We’re not guaranteed to hear anything from ANet about changes for HoT until HoT is released. Any information that is posted is most likely going to be incomplete or subject to change anyways.

If I could change one thing and only one thing, I’d make overloads fire weakened versions if interrupted/canceled instead of nothing. I play WvW a lot and wouldn’t mind a 3.5s channel that gets interrupted being a bit closer to a 4.0s channel.

Tempest Status Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I expect a short update next tuesday in a pre HoT patch but i don´t expect to get all information befor HoT. Of course i would like the details inkluding runes and sigil changes but i think we have to be patient.

Tempest Status Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Humblekain.5418

Humblekain.5418

I’m hoping for an update to the minor traits, but not much else at this point.

Oh yes, and it would be lovely to see Rebound as an attractive option however I’m just not holding out on this one. Definitely on my wish list though!

(edited by Humblekain.5418)

Tempest Status Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

I expect a short update next tuesday in a pre HoT patch but i don´t expect to get all information befor HoT. Of course i would like the details inkluding runes and sigil changes but i think we have to be patient.

Are there even rune and sigil changes?

Tempest Status Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alesthes.4287

Alesthes.4287

I am in the large camp of those who think the Tempest would need a radical overhaul, but that is clearly not going to happen at this point.

If I could change only one thing, it would be removing or seriously diminishing the 5s delay before the overload become available after changing the attunement. It makes overaloads absolutely useless to react to the situation, which has always been the main point of elementalist attunements, where all the gameplay is about switching to the right attunement at the right time. People often comment about the overloads out of context: the problem is not just the effect they produce, but if that effect can be deployed when needed. At the moment, it’s almost impossible.

If they wanted to offer an entirely alternative gameplay, they should have made the specialization much more radically different, starting from a main hand or two hand weapon. As it is, the Tempest just a clunckier Dagger Elementalist.

- Guild Wars 2 Roleplayers Community
Piken Square – EU Unofficial RP server
Tarnished Coast – US Unofficial RP server

Tempest Status Update

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

People don’t and won’t use tempest because it is a lackluster spec. So very little to no feedback, and that leads to anet not doing anything about it because they think it is good enough

Tour