Tempest - What do you expect or wish for?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

Just by the name Tempest and from the specializations we already know I imagine Tempest to be all about control and support via slow/chill and blind, knock downs and stuns but with fewer skills that deal damage.

I would like his mechanic to be a minor control condition on element switch like chill when you turn to water, cripple on earth, blind on air and immobilize on fire. Those conditions could last 1-2 secs or even trigger the longer you stay on an element instead of on element switch.

About the weapon people say it would be Sword but I think a Warhorn could fit better.
Weapon skills Examples:
Fire
Fire trap: Teleport (similar to the Flashing Light) summoning a fire tornado at your spot. The tornado leak flames and burns foes close to it.
Fire head: Buff your self with Fury, Might and swiftness. This skill could be also a finisher.
Water
Acid Rain: Summon a water storm that make enemies vulnerable while weaken them and heals allies.
Ice cube: Freeze (paralyze) your enemy for 1 second. (similar to Deep Freeze)
Air
Electric Skin: Damage, weaken and blind foes that are attacking you.
Compressed Air: Through a wave of air around you damaging and dazing foes (similar to the Tequatle’s wave). This could be a finisher.
Earth
Rough ground: Create a field that cripples and bleeds foes, while giving stability to allies.
Tactical retreat: Leap backwards living 3 lines of earth spikes that knockdown and damage enemies.

Also I would love to see some new mechanics on the utility skills such as pull, taunt or float effects.
Utility Skills Examples:
- Summon a tornado that pulls enemies in and blinds them,
or Summon a tornado that floats enemies that caught on it, enemies get a small damage when they land.
- Release forward a line of 5 mini whirlwinds that knock down foes they touch and cripple them. The whirlwinds disappear after they hit an enemy, if not they continue moving on random directions for few seconds until they fade away.
(the cast works as “Fiery Whirl” but without the caster moving)
- Create a storm wall that slows enemies that try to cross it and applying fury to your allies. (also could apply other boons like quickness or swiftness – but maybe too op)
- Summon a cyclone that applies taunt to the enemies and gives stability to the allies that try to touch it. The cyclone stays still and can be killed.
- Summon a wind storm that vanish you and your allies into thin air for a few seconds (stealth) the storm applies 3 stacks of vulnerability with each pulse to the enemies that stay inside it.

So those are some ideas that I would be exited to see! What’s yours?

(edited by Jaetara.4075)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

kitten , I’m really glad ele is not getting a warhorn. I mean those ideas could be fun to play for a bit, but I think elementalist needs a bit more main hand options.

What I’m hoping for:

Stealth (probably not gonna happen)
Deception skills (might happen)
Complete revamp of scepter (not gonna happen)
More mobility with acess to more teleports (sword is asking for it, probably going to happen)
Good AA in ALL attunements (Doubt it would happen): It doesn’t even need to be thematical as the current weapons. You know the fact water AA hardly does any damage, earth has some conditions…I just want high damage AA, which can be used on burst specs that does not have to depend on procs.

I like the idea of burst ele, it can even be some sort of battle mage. I just really don’t want to see another super tanky spec with the lack of support or super supporty character that does so little damage it’s close to healing enemies, too. Fresh air is the only option at the moment and it’s far from the spec I would imagine for a burst ele. I enjoy playing thief, too and the combination of thief and ele sounds really attractive to me.

It wouldn’t be bad if the elite spec had some good cc either (something like steal, diversion…) that do not have 3/4 sec cast time. Interrupts on demand are highly valued and I think it would help burst ele to get into the meta. Obviously having only this won’t make it.

I just hope there will be something new to play on ele and that it will be viable and have a high skil cap, that’s all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

My wish is sort of simple, as long as it still stays fun, keeps me engaged, and isn’t broken. Otherwise, i’m quite anxious/nervous on how it will be presented on POI, when they show it.

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thomas.8130

Thomas.8130

oh my gosh a revamp to scepter would mean the world to me. I also think the fire focus skills could use some touching up, more damage and/or burn time from fire wall and just… anything to make fire shield better. but those are changes that, if they come at all, probably won’t be part of the tempest.

I do hope the sword datamine was correct, i think we need a stronger main hand weapon. I hope, if it sword, all our auto-attacks are chains, like most swords get. I really hope the skills in water are strong. I know water is meant to be supportive, but it would be a nice change to see lots of chill vuln and damage from water.

as far as traits and profession mechanic changes, i really don’t know. It’s hard to think of ways they could change attunements without just directly buffing it, since it’s so core to the class.

in Elementalist

Jaetara.4075

I checked the skills that have been datamined and they are the dagger main hand skills with few additions on the auto attack skills and with the shocking aura being replaced.
Nothing is confirmed yet… and this datamine doesn’t seam like a proof to me.

But ye sword could be fun as well, maybe for a more dps focused approach.

in Elementalist

Thomas.8130

yeah, it looks like the datamine skills are just placeholders. We can expect a full set of new skills with no repeats. It’s definitely not confirmed though.

(but it would be so coooool)

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

I checked the skills that have been datamined and they are the dagger main hand skills with few additions on the auto attack skills and with the shocking aura being replaced.
Nothing is confirmed yet… and this datamine doesn’t seam like a proof to me.

But ye sword could be fun as well, maybe for a more dps focused approach.

Yes, those skill were placeholders as said above. It’s pretty much almost 100% ele is getting a sword.

in Elementalist

Thomas.8130

What I’m really curious about though is what they’ll do with our profession mechanic. I’ve really liked the changes for mesmer, guardian, and necromancer, and I really hope they do something fun with ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

I wish it doesn’t suck, it will though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

underwater spear is the tempest specialization. We’re too OP on land and no one knows how to balance ele, so give them a specialization that no one will actually use!

/sarcasm

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Well let’s see about ele…

1)Support role check

2)Tanky roamer check

3)Condi spec – a possibility

4)Burst role…non viable

So yeah at 100%, our specialization must be burst, without burst the ele will enter a decline phase. And this burst be must extremely viable to a point where it can become a nemesis for thief class..like med guardians for most instances

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I expect the worst, I wish for the best.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

Jaetara I am not a big elementalist user but I’m thinking you are right with warhorn. It would fit.

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Oh god please don’t let it be warhorn.

Seriously there are so many posts popping up here and there with people mentioning warhorn that it is making me paranoid into thinking that it is ANET sponsored to try and get people calmer with the idea that it won’t be sword (as the data mining suggested) but rather the warhorn.

With all due respect to your post, I think that, for the ele, warhorn would be a terrible idea.

Warhorn would only be usable with two weapons (Dagger or Scepter), ever. Unless ANET gives baseline new weapons or changes how specializations work (remember that currently they stated that specialization would use a special trait line slot that you only have one of).

Scepter, for me, feels like a selfish weapon that requires you to stay at mid range, dagger is a melee oriented weapon that meshes better with group support (what warhorn does). So Warhorn would be a weird hybrid with scepter or more suited to dagger.

Problem is though, that dagger off hand already gives group support and survivability skills (knockdowns, group heal, combo fields) and traited it even gives auras to allies. So it would be an equal style of weapon – thus not very new and “changing” to the way the class plays.

What would change for me is a high mobility / burst style weapon. I am hoping for a mix of the thief/mesmer sword style, with utility skills geared towards mobility (Teleports) and CC (knockdowns and interrupts).

I hope we get something like mantras, this way we could get a swordmage style that readies spells before hand to discharge them at opportune times and our survival in combat would be based on having mobility and interrupting our foes, rather than a stealth or “clone/misdirect” mechanic from thief/mesmer.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Oh god please don’t let it be warhorn.

I hope we get something like mantras, this way we could get a swordmage style that readies spells before hand to discharge them at opportune times and our survival in combat would be based on having mobility and interrupting our foes, rather than a stealth or “clone/misdirect” mechanic from thief/mesmer.

Mantras would be awful, way too long cast times for things like condi cleanse and stab…please no.

in Elementalist

Jaetara.4075

About the Warhorn, I picked it because I think it fits the concept of the Tempest, a class that in my mind should summon storms, call the lighting, through tornadoes and make a mess controlling enemies! I am not suggesting that this is the best weapon to use, it is just an idea. Sword could also fit the concept, I am just afraid that sword will be closed range and that is dangerous on a light armor user with such a low health… at the same time many people complaining about elementalist main hand weapon because they will get too many new skills, for some reason they think this would make them op… So, I thought that offhand weapon could cause less fuzz :P Btw, mace could be cool as well!

in Elementalist

Posted by: MeanCoffeeBean.2073

MeanCoffeeBean.2073

I still hold out hope for pistol mainhand. I want to be a spellslinger! I know it won’t happen, but don’t take my dream from me. It is all I have…

Fluttershy – Mesmer
Clarishy – Ranger
Tinkershy – Engineer

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I still hold out hope for pistol mainhand. I want to be a spellslinger! I know it won’t happen, but don’t take my dream from me. It is all I have…

Wildstar goes free to play soon!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Between Dagger and Focus, we’ve got a wide variety of offhand skills. However, we lack real melee cleave. Lightning Whip is fine, but that’s all we have outside of conjures. And even then, it’s not really that good of a melee cleave.

Our main-hands (at least from a PvE point of view) are quite…lacking. D/F is a great build; however, it requires the rest of your team to do their job in order to pull off the rotation. And in PvE it’s only really used for 3 abilities, Fire 3 for fire field, water 3 for blast finisher, and Lightning Whip. I know it’s much more versatile in PvP and WvW, but the majority of the players are in PvE so that should be taken into consideration.

Scepter…really is not that great. It’s great for might stacking, but D/F can compete with it without worrying about someone picking up your second lightning hammer. Great for burst, but only speed-running really focuses on burst and Staff does that super well.

I’m not really going to comment on Staff. Mostly because even if Tempest SUCKS for PvE, the standard staff build is getting a buff in the specializations. So the playstyle can stay the same…if not become better.

As for Tempest, I hope for Sword. Mostly because I want to be a battle-mage. As for traits, while I think traps would work, I’d hope for mantras. Mostly because we have enough long range AE abilities. What we need is some ranged single target. And mantras could…say…have different effects depending on which attunement they were cast in like glyphs. However, unlike glyphs, you can “store” the effect. So say we have a condition mantra. If you cast it in earth, it stores the ability to make your target bleed. Swap to air (which has no bleeds at all) and use the mantra. Now we’ve got access to conditions no matter what spec we’re in.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

Between Dagger and Focus, we’ve got a wide variety of offhand skills. However, we lack real melee cleave. Lightning Whip is fine, but that’s all we have outside of conjures. And even then, it’s not really that good of a melee cleave.

Our main-hands (at least from a PvE point of view) are quite…lacking. D/F is a great build; however, it requires the rest of your team to do their job in order to pull off the rotation. And in PvE it’s only really used for 3 abilities, Fire 3 for fire field, water 3 for blast finisher, and Lightning Whip. I know it’s much more versatile in PvP and WvW, but the majority of the players are in PvE so that should be taken into consideration.

Scepter…really is not that great. It’s great for might stacking, but D/F can compete with it without worrying about someone picking up your second lightning hammer. Great for burst, but only speed-running really focuses on burst and Staff does that super well.

I’m not really going to comment on Staff. Mostly because even if Tempest SUCKS for PvE, the standard staff build is getting a buff in the specializations. So the playstyle can stay the same…if not become better.

As for Tempest, I hope for Sword. Mostly because I want to be a battle-mage. As for traits, while I think traps would work, I’d hope for mantras. Mostly because we have enough long range AE abilities. What we need is some ranged single target. And mantras could…say…have different effects depending on which attunement they were cast in like glyphs. However, unlike glyphs, you can “store” the effect. So say we have a condition mantra. If you cast it in earth, it stores the ability to make your target bleed. Swap to air (which has no bleeds at all) and use the mantra. Now we’ve got access to conditions no matter what spec we’re in.

Mantras? Definitely not. Too long of a cast time and mesmers would have a fit the size of Texas if they made them instacast or shorter casts. Deceptions/Tricks on the other hand would fit in great with the main hand sword as it could give elementalists access to much needed mobility/evades to pull off a true melee weapon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

greatsword as wep please please. and 1h sword. and axes for both hands.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Mantras? Definitely not. Too long of a cast time and mesmers would have a fit the size of Texas if they made them instacast or shorter casts. Deceptions/Tricks on the other hand would fit in great with the main hand sword as it could give elementalists access to much needed mobility/evades to pull off a true melee weapon.

Umm…two things:

1. You’re supposed to cast mantras before combat to have them ready. They activate instantly once readied…so idk wtf you’re going on about with cast times.

2. At least for PvE the main Mesmer mantras are the healing one, the cleansing one, and the stun-break/AE stability one. (I don’t remember the names really.) Again, I take everything from a PvE standpoint because I hate sPvP and don’t do enough WvW. Also the majority of the playerbase is PvE oriented so that’ll have more weight than the other two.

My suggestion is to give us long range damage and/or condition options. These would not overlap with the main mesmer mantras as those are support mantras. Not only that, but also Mesmers would have stronger mantras regardless due to having more specializations with traits to improve them. Essentially, what I’m saying is comparing my idea for mantras is like comparing Reaper shouts to Guardian shouts. Two different beasts. (Yes, they can be compared but fewer similarities).

As for mobility, yes, I agree. But I don’t think it should come from utilities. I think the mobility should be baked into the Sword (or w/e melee weapon we get). This is because making it a utility would allow D/D to get an entire slew of mobility while it has good enough. I’d agree that yes it could have more…however…let’s remember the playerbase…and that nerfs come from the lowest common denominator.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Umm…two things:

1. You’re supposed to cast mantras before combat to have them ready. They activate instantly once readied…so idk wtf you’re going on about with cast times.

2. At least for PvE the main Mesmer mantras are the healing one, the cleansing one, and the stun-break/AE stability one. (I don’t remember the names really.) Again, I take everything from a PvE standpoint because I hate sPvP and don’t do enough WvW. Also the majority of the playerbase is PvE oriented so that’ll have more weight than the other two.

My suggestion is to give us long range damage and/or condition options. These would not overlap with the main mesmer mantras as those are support mantras. Not only that, but also Mesmers would have stronger mantras regardless due to having more specializations with traits to improve them. Essentially, what I’m saying is comparing my idea for mantras is like comparing Reaper shouts to Guardian shouts. Two different beasts. (Yes, they can be compared but fewer similarities).

Yes, because you won’t have to recharge the mantra in any fight, two charges are just enough for everything. Maybe try to look at things from a different point of view than pve. I don’t enjoy wvw or pve much either, but I still try to consider how certain things would go there. Having insanely long cast times on something would just result in no one using those skills in a fast paced enviroment, such as pvp.

There is not a healing mantra. (You can trait them for healing, yes.)

Mantras are not used for supprt in pvp at all and it’s pretty useless in pve anyway.

Hardly anyone wants an elite spec for ele that would revolve around conditions.

in Elementalist

Raif.9507

Umm…two things:

As for mobility, yes, I agree. But I don’t think it should come from utilities. I think the mobility should be baked into the Sword (or w/e melee weapon we get). This is because making it a utility would allow D/D to get an entire slew of mobility while it has good enough. I’d agree that yes it could have more…however…let’s remember the playerbase…and that nerfs come from the lowest common denominator.

1. Umm in PvP you don’t really want to charge anything so… IDK what wtf you’re talking about. In PvE it makes 0 difference yes, because the encounter doesn’t start until you decide it to start so you can pre-load them just like you do with stacking might/fury.

2. I think about everything from a WvW/PvP PoV and hate everything PvE and I think that it’s more important so everything needs to be balanced from that perspective because…reasons.
/s

PvP balance concerns have long overruled PvE balance concerns for pretty much the entire length of the GW2 lifespan. Get used to it, things get nerfed/buffed because they’re OP/UP in PvP and rarely do they get balanced for PvE. The very few times things get “balanced” for PvE is when the ability in question breaks PvE (i.e Fiery Greatsword, upcoming nerfs to Frost Bow and Lightning hammer, etc).

And no, we don’t need any more ranged options, you have a plethora of ranged options from Staff and most of the current damage oriented utilities. More ranged damage options are not necessary at all. In PvE, Elementalist is fine. It needs no help in that respect at all save whatever unknown nerf is coming to conjures. Even then, staff elementalist builds will become better after this patch.

What IS necessary however, is love for the melee elementalist who has 1 option currently to do anything in those game modes you despise so much. Utilities that are actual utilities and not damage are needed way more than damage utilities. Teleports, evades, shadowsteps would go a lot further to help the class than more damage utilities. You want damage utilities, you got the Arcane skills and some glyphs.

As far as conditions are concerned, the class also doesn’t need too much help there either as it has access to a good amount of conditions already. The existing traits for condition damage need a little re-working to make them a little better such as guaranteed burn/bleed on crit, but we already have some decent working condition builds that are also getting a wee bit stronger with the upcoming patch.

The only aspect of the elementalist that is being made weaker in this upcoming patch (and is currently relatively weak to competitors) is that of burst elementalist. Be it through losing the majority of what makes Scepter Fresh Air builds great, or the fact that we just dopn’t have the inherent utility to survive in combat while being so squishy. The best way to bring this up is through actual defensive utilities that assist in living and have the “supposed” main hand sword bring the damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

I suspect tempest will be a boon stripping class. I remember Jon Sharp talking about how the ele was a relied on boons but could not take away boons and how future content will be stripping boons. Going by that logic, something related to striping boons, I believe.

(So far anyways, i might be hopping on the necrotrain).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

I suspect tempest will be a boon stripping class. I remember Jon Sharp talking about how the ele was a relied on boons but could not take away boons and how future content will be stripping boons. Going by that logic, something related to striping boons, I believe.

(So far anyways, i might be hopping on the necrotrain).

That actually would be awesome! A boon stripping ele, yes you can sign me in

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mara.6782

Mara.6782

I wish many Point blank area of effect and evades/blocks GW1 got many good skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Heavy focus on positioning and single target pressure.
Slightly lower dps than dagger mainhand, more distinct focus on mono-attunement playstyle, but not exclusively.

Air: (targeted) port, blind, weakness on auto
Fire: burn, dash, execute ability, fast auto to justify pyromancer’s puissance
Water: heavy vuln, evade
Earth: hard cc, block, reflect

Posting here for future reference. Wanna see how many I get right.

Edit: 4th of june. Probably at least one cooldown reducing weapon skill. Best guess is one in air attunement that reduces attunement cooldowns globally to synergize with fresh air.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

(edited by Gokil.2543)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I hope Tempest allows us to tie weapons to attunements. You still swap attunements as usual, but you weapons swap with it. For example, a Tempest could tie their staff to fire, sword/focus to air, scepter/dagger to water, and dagger/dagger to earth.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

kitten , I’m really glad ele is not getting a warhorn. I mean those ideas could be fun to play for a bit, but I think elementalist needs a bit more main hand options.

As an owner of both Howler and a busty norn elementalist, I personally wouldn’t mind having Warhorn on Ele

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

Given that it’s highly probable we get sword, I’m hoping that the sword has 600 range cleave on the weapon, and it has high mobility and containment. Control is hard to say since im hoping we get more pulls and a lot of cripple/chill rather than stuns and knockbacks. Also some evade frames wouldn’t be bad. Maybe a leap at 600 range which is an evade also, I’m thinking it could be something in air attunenent (if we still have attunements), and a teleport on water (something aiming the lines of entering the water on one side, and coming up 900 range away).
Just some ideas I like, probably not going to get all of them, but some of them would be nice

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

Given that it’s highly probable we get sword, I’m hoping that the sword has 600 range cleave on the weapon, and it has high mobility and containment. Control is hard to say since im hoping we get more pulls and a lot of cripple/chill rather than stuns and knockbacks. Also some evade frames wouldn’t be bad. Maybe a leap at 600 range which is an evade also, I’m thinking it could be something in air attunenent (if we still have attunements), and a teleport on water (something aiming the lines of entering the water on one side, and coming up 900 range away).
Just some ideas I like, probably not going to get all of them, but some of them would be nice

Imo if zerker ele wants to be viable, it needs on demand interrupts.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

high mobility zerk with evades and blocks, oh and it needs to counter thieves in some way. that’s all i need to be happy. another thing i want is a useful elite for combat situations, 45-60s cooldowns with a nice effect.

i also want good traits, better ones that dragon hunter got.. do you hear me karl?

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in Elementalist

Posted by: randomly.6395

randomly.6395

I like the idea of a warhorn for the tempest. The concept of a storm caller would be awesome. My suggested abilities are probably a little too strong, but all the elite specs seem very powerful… And one can dream, can’t they?

• Fire
    Wildfire: Unleash the echo of flames, burning all targets within 600 units for 1 second. Summon a patch of wildfire at your feet that grows in size the more targets originally hit. Wildfire deals slightly less damage than lava font. Acts as a fire field. Lasts 5 seconds.
    Firemender: Blow your warhorn to heal yourself and allies for a moderate amount and cure burning and poison. Heal for much more if burning or poison is removed.
  • Water
    Call Fog: Surround yourself with a dense fog that chills and blinds for 4 seconds. Acts as a smoke field that moves with you.
    River Song: Echo out the River’s Song, giving nearby allies resistance and endurance.
  • Air:
    Hurricane: Summon a hurricane to push back enemies around you. Pulses every second for 3 seconds.
    Vacuum: Temporarily displace the air around an enemy (1 target), dazing them for 1 second and removing two boons.
  • Earth:
    Seismic Instability: The targeted area becomes unstable, pulsing AoE cripple and torment over 5 seconds.
    Magnetize: Magnetize your body, granting 2 stacks of stability, increasing your toughness by 2000, and pulling in all projectiles toward yourself for 5 seconds. Projectiles used against allies within 360 units are redirected to yourself during this time.

(edited by randomly.6395)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alkahell.9562

Alkahell.9562

The warhorn idea seems very nice to me it would really fit tempest thematically.
There could be a very dangerous gameplay involved with tempest. My suggestions are mostly for utility skills.
Tempest can play with corruption style magic that promotes the recklessness of the tempest:
Utility 1: Summon a sandstorm that immobilizes you but blinds and bleeds foes.
Utility 2: Summon a whirlwind that follows your enemy at high speed and damages him , while this happens you are slowed
Utility 3: Apply 10stacks of burning to your enemy while you get chilled
Utility 4:(Toggle) Create a water nebula that dazes your opponents in a certain area while this i active you lose health
Elite skill: Transform into a state that makes your allies into a block of ice(invulnerable) while you apply torment, bleed and confusion to enemies.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

I like the idea of a warhorn for the tempest. The concept of a storm caller would be awesome. My suggested abilities are probably a little too strong, but all the elite specs seem very powerful… And one can dream, can’t they?

• Fire
    Wildfire: Unleash the echo of flames, burning all targets within 600 units for 1 second. Summon a patch of wildfire at your feet that grows in size the more targets originally hit. Wildfire deals slightly less damage than lava font. Acts as a fire field. Lasts 5 seconds.
    Firemender: Blow your warhorn to heal yourself and allies for a moderate amount and cure burning and poison. Heal for much more if burning or poison is removed.
  • Water
    Call Fog: Surround yourself with a dense fog that chills and blinds for 4 seconds. Acts as a smoke field that moves with you.
    River Song: Echo out the River’s Song, giving nearby allies resistance and endurance.
  • Air:
    Hurricane: Summon a hurricane to push back enemies around you. Pulses every second for 3 seconds.
    Vacuum: Temporarily displace the air around an enemy (1 target), dazing them for 1 second and removing two boons.
  • Earth:
    Seismic Instability: The targeted area becomes unstable, pulsing AoE cripple and torment over 5 seconds.
    Magnetize: Magnetize your body, granting 2 stacks of stability, increasing your toughness by 2000, and pulling in all projectiles toward yourself for 5 seconds. Projectiles used against allies within 360 units are redirected to yourself during this time.

just a little feedback to your skills from my pov:

wildfire: 1s burn not enough, per target hit is generally always a bad mechanic (see necro shouts and how much hate they got), a field that grows in size is interesting, starting out small and expanding would be good but 5 seconds is too short then, basically a combustive shot, not that ele needs more burn fields.

firemender: why does this cure poison? i can understand that it removes or manipulates burning though. imo it doesn’t really fit the theme of a ragin storm.

call fog: if the fog is supposed to deal damage like necro’s warhorn 5 then it’s bad. blasting smoke fields give stealth (already a reason why this would never happen) so if the fog damaged players you would just get a insta reveal. i like the moving field though.

river song: ok but it’s a defensive skill again.

hurricane: basically a weaker version of tornado.

vacuum: a 2s aoe float field would be nice. boon strips don’t fit ele.

seismic instability: a cripple field, why not, maybe a bit weak. torment is not an ele condition and will most likely never be. every class has their signature conditions.

magnetize: would be better if this skill just gave you 1 second of protection for every projectile that hits you instead.

overall the skills are just another set of support skills and don’t really show the devastating aspect of a tempest.

The warhorn idea seems very nice to me it would really fit tempest thematically.
There could be a very dangerous gameplay involved with tempest. My suggestions are mostly for utility skills.
Tempest can play with corruption style magic that promotes the recklessness of the tempest:
Utility 1: Summon a sandstorm that immobilizes you but blinds and bleeds foes.
Utility 2: Summon a whirlwind that follows your enemy at high speed and damages him , while this happens you are slowed
Utility 3: Apply 10stacks of burning to your enemy while you get chilled
Utility 4:(Toggle) Create a water nebula that dazes your opponents in a certain area while this i active you lose health
Elite skill: Transform into a state that makes your allies into a block of ice(invulnerable) while you apply torment, bleed and confusion to enemies.

utility 1: basically earth attunement glyph with selfroot and bleeds on top of it.
utlity 2: why do you get slowed for this? this skill would have to hit like a truck to justify it.
utility 3: 10 stacks of burning is 2500 damage per second or more. this would be op like nothing else.
utility 4: a chaos field that doesn’t give you boons but even harms yourself.
elite: interesting if you want to make an ally invulnerable when low, but if you transformed every player of your team into an ice block they would tear your head off, especially if they die because of conditions. again, torment and confusion don’t fit the ele.

not that i wanna bash on any ideas here, it’s very nice that people actually come up with stuff but if you do something like this you have to calculate class design and overall design in. people talk about “dangerous storms and tempest” and yet come up with stuff that is not really dangerous. when i think about tempests and storms the first things that come to my mind are: i kitten don’t want to be where the tempest is, it’s devastating and disruptive.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I hope Tempest allows us to tie weapons to attunements. You still swap attunements as usual, but you weapons swap with it. For example, a Tempest could tie their staff to fire, sword/focus to air, scepter/dagger to water, and dagger/dagger to earth.

That would be awesome.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

That would be awesome.

I’m afraid that would be too strong. Remember they balance ele by giving us half of useless skills on our weapons.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Skill to decrease enemy traits for 1 point on each line for 10s.

Elemental hawk that will fly-follow your cursor dealing dmg while crossing enemy.

Make enemy float and when ends they fall = falling dmg = traits/runes related to falling dmg gets more use.

More skills that ingore line of sight.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

That would be awesome.

I agree with Laraley, it would be OP, just for the simple fact you could take staff in water for water-fields and then a bunch of blasts in fire (with scepter) or earth (with /D). Imagine having:

Fire: S/D
Air: D/D
Water: Staff
Earth: D/F

You would be able to go water→ fire → earth for a quick 4x blast of water field (OP), you would have RtL to get around, you would have dagger auto-attack, and you would still have an invuln in earth too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’m hoping for high personal DPS, wouldn’t have a problem with it being single target just want something to compensate for the extreme loss of build diversity and with the fact that they are in a way nerfing staff eles as well with modifying the AI of mobs in the game, I will need a reason to want to play ele in PvE.

I really, really hope it’s not some garbage cc/condi specialization. :/

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Honestly all I want from Tempest is sword use to make a cosplay character. Whatever it ends up being, it’ll be useful in some aspect, so I’ll tailor it to that purpose.

I like theory crafting, so the elite specializations and build changes are interesting regardless, but aside from that, sword is really all I’m hoping for.

Fishsticks