Tempest is underrated

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

not going to crunch numbers, speed runs , fracs etc etc whatever

Just saying, in the new maps, people are getting crushed. I see Tempest doing far better and surviving way better than most every other class not named Reaper tbh.

Ive been running with my tempest buddy to get hero points on my other professions and between air overload and auras it makes life 1000000x time easier. Soooo many smaller pack type things get crushed by Tempest (the mushrooms, smokescales, raptors etc).

gonna be honest, Tempest is really good for the new content

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Yeah, I’m having fun in PvE so far. I’ll be trying out WvW tonight so I hope it continues to be fun!

That said, I am grateful for all the number crunchers though because they do catch weird bugs and help balance the profession in the long-term. So hats off to you guys!

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Well i have to give it to them, overloads are really awesome, making life easier, but the rest of the class, no.

I get to slot tempest just for overloads but i dont feel like using anything else the spec provides

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Right, it’s not like it’s a support spec with its only supportive elements limited to its offhand weapon, which was already true of its vanilla weapons.

Oh wait, that’s exactly what it is.

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Say what you want about tempest, but you can’t deny how hawt that shoulder skin is. It’s easily the best armor skin of all the new elite specs.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

On that note, does anyone know if the Tempest final warhorn (North Wind) has any particle effects at all? The in-game preview window does not seem to have any effects, which is super lame, especially since IIRC the Herald Glint shield does have shiny effects.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

On that note, does anyone know if the Tempest final warhorn (North Wind) has any particle effects at all? The in-game preview window does not seem to have any effects, which is super lame, especially since IIRC the Herald Glint shield does have shiny effects.

All I know is that a PvP player, the amount of hero point grinding through WvW zerging or somehow completing hero point challenges is completely insane.. but I must have that should piece!

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

what tempest shoulder? Pic please

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Right, it’s not like it’s a support spec with its only supportive elements limited to its offhand weapon, which was already true of its vanilla weapons.

Oh wait, that’s exactly what it is.

That and the fact that it doesn’t even have that good of supportive elements either. It literally has nothing about it that seems strong.

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

what tempest shoulder? Pic please

I wish I could get it from PvP, but yeah, I’m in love with the color and shape and effects and assymetry and I MUST HAVE IT.

Attachments:

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Say what you want about tempest, but you can’t deny how hawt that shoulder skin is. It’s easily the best armor skin of all the new elite specs.

actually I think its beyond awful I prefer chrono shoulders and reaper mask

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

not going to crunch numbers, speed runs , fracs etc etc whatever

Just saying, in the new maps, people are getting crushed. I see Tempest doing far better and surviving way better than most every other class not named Reaper tbh.

Not for me, I tried it and normal staff build or D/D was far more effective IMHO.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

Love my Tempest in the new content. I run a Settler condi focused auramancer D/W and can crush large groups of enemies. Pretty fun! Just bring a staff for the Legendary Wyvern fights;-)

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

actually I think its beyond awful I prefer chrono shoulders and reaper mask

Ki like the chrono shoulders but the reaper hood is an ugly dementor hood ripoff.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Love my Tempest in the new content. I run a Settler condi focused auramancer D/W and can crush large groups of enemies. Pretty fun! Just bring a staff for the Legendary Wyvern fights;-)

Mind posting your build? Condition ele always sounds intriguing.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kovington.4296

Kovington.4296

As a chronomancer player, I’m relatively new to tempest but I ended up finishing my Tempest first because I was able to solo most of the content (i.e. hero points) in HoT. I’m currently running a hybrid S/W aura condi ele with a mix of Dire/Cele armor and Sinister/Cele trinkets. Traits are Fire/Earth/Tempest.

My tempest is pretty much an aura procing machine with auras that heals, regen, and vigor for self-sustain. I rotate between fire/earth/air skills + overload. I love stacking might and burning/bleeds/blinds to mobs easily. The protection uptime and 40% dmg reduction is also insane with almost 20+ seconds of protection after finishing an earth combo and overload, so I usually just face tank mobs and champions. I have to say that I’m having a lot of fun in PvE with Tempest, which completely surprised me! Now I’m dreading having to solo content as my chronomancer lol.

Tempest is underrated

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

I made a very good hybrid build for pve (hot). It has damage but also condi so all overloads are useful while still having survivability and condi cleanse WITHOUT WATER LINE!!!! (bring on the pitchforks) Trooper runes and shouts <3

Air signet can be replaced with any other stunbreaker too. I just love to move fast.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJBIhdSfJ0gJ2fJY3AwhJWEAM3U7st2GEAClHgi3QTMNA-TxRGABA8AAiS5HZ6BAa/BDOBAAq+jUKBBA-e

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!