Tempest please don't make me a Bot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

First let me tell this, I am addictive to Ele.

I tried every class in the game but my doom was that I started with main Ele then all other classes felt so boring.

With every other class, you switch to weapon set, you use your skill then wait for them come of cooldown or switch weapon, so most of the time you stay there and auto attack, it feels unbearable for me.

What I really like about Ele it has a solution for everything, every time, nothing come close to this feeling in this game for me, other then some level Engineer.

When I see the Tempest first time, I said, oh my, Overload that locking me to attunements and increase their cooldowns, nooooooooo.

With my all best intents, I can’t see any good use ofOverloads other then glass Staff Ele camping Fire in PVE and Lighting Hammer builds camping water.

So ANet, if I want to use Tempest please don’t make me a bot, give me a chance to use Overloads but also able to be reactive and enjoy immersive play style.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Let me give a rundown for you of the current use of overloads.

Fire-the good thing about it isn’t really the burns (unless you pvp as tempest) its the might stacks overloading in fire provides you. That paired with boon sharing and you can give a good amount of might to allies.

Water-With the recent heal increase the healing potential of tempest is better than a d/d. The sad thing is the lack of water fields means you need to invest somewhat into healing power to help upkeep your allies.

air- Its not that useful at the moment. The damage increase is okay but no one is gonna overload air in the middle of a large fight.

earth- the same as air. The immobalize is cool in pvp, but their are better options on other classes or builds to keep your enemy where u want them.

So from a wvw percpective I only see fire and water overload worth using. In pvp you might use air and earth every now and then too.

Personally for me I would build a cele tempest with dire/apoth weapons and accessories and focus on healing and burn damage. Right now it doesn’t have enough to survive in the front without a good amount of toughness/ healing power.

For pvp, cele amulet seems to be the best choice at the moment. Scepter warhorn builds don’t work all too well currently. Possibly a bunker staff tempest could work with the shouts.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Let me give a rundown for you of the current use of overloads.

Fire-the good thing about it isn’t really the burns (unless you pvp as tempest) its the might stacks overloading in fire provides you. That paired with boon sharing and you can give a good amount of might to allies.

Let me give you an advice. PS warrior pressing one button gives 25 stacks of might.

air- Its not that useful at the moment. The damage increase is okay but no one is gonna overload air in the middle of a large fight.

earth- the same as air. The immobalize is cool in pvp, but their are better options on other classes or builds to keep your enemy where u want them.

That’s probably how each of those overloads are, a waste of time and they even punish you for casting them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

not like the shouts are worth taking over cantrips or arcane either. tempest as a whole is useless.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I think shouts are the only nice part. Overloads and warhorn can be skiped. That leaves you with a singe trait version: Gale Song, Tempestous aria, elemenal bastion. All other trates are near usless. The overload related might get use in case overloads get reworked.
You don´t get damage. So what ever you give up as a trait line in damage ist lost.
skip Fire — Lose lots of damage (and maybe control from blinding ashes)
skip Air: — Loose speed and damage + tempest defence
skip Water: — Loose survivability and group support by healing.
skip earth: — Loose defence. (Maybe damage if condition based)
skip Arcane — Loose boonsharing and a bit survivability.

With current numbers/setup this means shouts must compensate the skiped line + utilities (cantrips).
Despite traited shouts being good, that seems impossible…

Warhorn itself has its place in a healer setup with a bit boon sharing support. If this will ever be useful in Gw2 is another matter.

The solution can be a simple rework of tempest traits and rebound.

Example:
Traits:
Latent stamina: +5% condition damage and healing power based on vitality.

Tempestious aria: add -20% shout recharge.
Earthen proxy: excange it for +20% protection duration
Harmonious condit: Also gives 3s stability. (This is core to open usability for overloads)

Imbued Melodies. Add 3s vigor to allies.
Element Bastion: Instead of frost aura, remove a condition on aura aplication with no cooldown. If that seems to strong on the group do it only on self.

Rebound: Instant shout that spreads 8s light aura + area blind on enemies. (A fitting flash + aura). Can add a bit damage too.

Seemst not so hard to do it. Would eas the pain of tempest.
For me this trait changes will make the whole spec worth it. Maybe the stab on overcharges is not enough and the overcharges need a bit higher damage too.
This will also give build diversity for tempest specs. Think about the impact before tonning it down and explain why if you coment. Thanx.

Of course if you are general unhappe with tempest mechanic it won´t help.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I tried every class in the game but my doom was that I started with main Ele then all other classes felt so boring.

With every other class, you switch to weapon set, you use your skill then wait for them come of cooldown or switch weapon, so most of the time you stay there and auto attack, it feels unbearable for me.

What I really like about Ele it has a solution for everything, every time, nothing come close to this feeling in this game for me, other then some level Engineer.

When I see the Tempest first time, I said, oh my, Overload that locking me to attunements and increase their cooldowns, nooooooooo.

With my all best intents, I can’t see any good use ofOverloads other then glass Staff Ele camping Fire in PVE and Lighting Hammer builds camping water.

So ANet, if I want to use Tempest please don’t make me a bot, give me a chance to use Overloads but also able to be reactive and enjoy immersive play style.

I do not get this one bit you seem to love ele so why are you looking for a new class in tempest? You do understand that tempest is not a stronger version of the older class and that it should be on the same level as an ele. Simply put tempest being a support spec or playing differently then the ele class dose not take any thing away from ele.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I do not get this one bit you seem to love ele so why are you looking for a new class in tempest? You do understand that tempest is not a stronger version of the older class and that it should be on the same level as an ele. Simply put tempest being a support spec or playing differently then the ele class dose not take any thing away from ele.

The elite spec is supposed to provide a new playstyle that compliments the current design. Look at berserker, its turning a 3 adrnealine bar into 1 bar which leads to faster paced action, this idea is great and compliments the warrior playstyle. Now look at tempest, our overloads scream “interrupt me”, slow us down and lock us out of attunements longer than ever. Overloads dont feel like they compliment the class, they need to be scrapped and redesigned.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

The elite spec is supposed to provide a new playstyle that compliments the current design. Look at berserker, its turning a 3 adrnealine bar into 1 bar which leads to faster paced action, this idea is great and compliments the warrior playstyle. Now look at tempest, our overloads scream “interrupt me”, slow us down and lock us out of attunements longer than ever. Overloads dont feel like they compliment the class, they need to be scrapped and redesigned.

Being able to spame ability more is a new play-style? See to me tempest is a song base class who support there team in this way is a type play-style from that of ele and all other classes in the game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Argol Vazin.3061

Argol Vazin.3061

Being able to spame ability more is a new play-style? See to me tempest is a song base class who support there team in this way is a type play-style from that of ele and all other classes in the game.

stop calling it a song based class. having song sounding names doesn;t make it song based. Shouting isn’t singing. the warhorn certainty isn;t musical.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

stop calling it a song based class. having song sounding names doesn;t make it song based. Shouting isn’t singing. the warhorn certainty isn;t musical.

Shouts are a type of singing and warhorns are still a type of musical interment. Its a lot to do with the images of the trait line of tempest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Shouts are a type of singing and warhorns are still a type of musical interment. Its a lot to do with the images of the trait line of tempest.

:D

If anything, singing is a type of shouting, not the other way around.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Argol Vazin.3061

Argol Vazin.3061

I assume we will get a spec by the name of Bard sometime in the future. probably Mesmer. but until then, nothing about tempest is musical except trait names

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

I assume we will get a spec by the name of Bard sometime in the future. probably Mesmer. but until then, nothing about tempest is musical except trait names

Well tempest is more of voice / wind instrument i images mesmer version of bard would be more harp and string but they can use a foces already so i am not sure how that would work.

There more to the “names” in GW2 a shout is a type of singing or as close as one can get to it (all though shouting in real life is a type of singing). Its the images of the trait line a lot of it has music notes putting out that ideal that this is a song base class.