Thank you ArenaNet

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

Thank you for nerfing Elementalists to the ground and pigeon-holing them into a support role. That is all.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Bloody hell my “support” deals more damage than warriors!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

How is it having 14k hp and less than 2k armor?

Falkriiii – Elementalist

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

It’s very annoying when no one gas condition removal in the group
But I guess warriors also love facing foes like the harpies in the uncategorised fractal!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

As for the armor: signet of earth and poof! I’m a heavy.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Most eles have near-perma protection these days anyway.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

Yes, anet nerfed ele’s into the ground and they are worthless now.

As for the guy who says his ele does more damage than warriors: No, you don’t. Stop the lies.

As for the guy claiming ele’s have perma-protection: No, you don’t. Stop the lies.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

As for the guy who says his ele does more damage than warriors: No, you don’t. Stop the lies.

As for the guy claiming ele’s have perma-protection: No, you don’t. Stop the lies.

You should probably learn to ignore those two clowns.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flux Qemist.6712

Flux Qemist.6712

(From a wvw perspective) I too resent being a “static” + “water field” kitten and being herded around the battlefield like a sheep waiting to be back stabbed -_-
Defiant d/d forever.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Yes, you do.
And I think that 33% more damage is nothing to laugh at with LH
Staff can deal around 20% more damage.
FA builds can deal comparable damage.
FGS anyone?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Yes, you do.
And I think that 33% more damage is nothing to laugh at with LH
Staff can deal around 20% more damage.
FA builds can deal comparable damage.
FGS anyone?

If you’re outdpsing a warrior, they’re doing it wrong. Fresh Air is really not that amazing of a dps booster. AoE limit keeps a staff from wreaking the havoc it was designed to do, and FGS removes your ability to utilize your attunement skills unless you drop it, which makes it disappear. It’s an elite you only use if you absolutely know it will secure a kill.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

I disagree: fresh air the very best trait we have in order to boost our damage, and by far.
This is because:
- enables us to use our best AA: lightning whip (on the best set: D/F).
- procs electric discharge three times more (and fury if you have 5 points in arcana, for a 70% minimum uptime).
- make the most out of single attunement damage boosts: air training. Before this, single attunement damage boosts were useless.
- enables us to use other attunements with no loss in damage. This is the most crucial point. What I mean is that, before the introduction of FA, if you swapped out of air you would have to spend 15s in sub-optimal attunements before returning to air. People invested in arcana to counter this. This problem is that points invested in arcana are not invested elsewhere, so you gained boon duration and some support but you lost significantly on damage.

As for staff, I am not even talking about AOE. If you can land all your spells (requires an immobile target) then the optimal fire rotation can out-dps a warrior.

Anyway the biggest blow is with LH.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

(From a wvw perspective) I too resent being a “static” + “water field” kitten and being herded around the battlefield like a sheep waiting to be back stabbed -_-
Defiant d/d forever.

Same, the day I cant run with DnD is the day i will quit GW2.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

link?

Try ‘brains’ instead of ‘link’.

For starters, there’s Elemental Attunement which each ele and their mothers run. Most eles also run +boon runes, meaning that instead of 5 seconds, you get 8.75 seconds of protection. With 10 seconds attunement recharge, you’re only 1.25 seconds without protection. Granted, you’re unlikely to instantly switch out of earth again so the gap will be larger. However, this is just from one ability.

In actual combat, there’s a lot of things that can happen. If you use armor of earth, you get 9 seconds of protection (enough to fill 2 gaps). You can use Glyph of Elemental Harmony (5 sec) to fill another gap (two if traited). Your elite earth elemental also casts protection (another gap filled). And then there’s your party that also tosses around protection. A shout from a guardian can easily fill 2 to 3 gaps.

All those effects put together…why, even some of those effects put together pretty much give you permanent protection. You don’t need to provide all of it yourself. You can just use Elemental Attunement to prolong other boon effects indefinitely. It’s the same with Arcane Fury. A 10 second fury buff once a minute is pretty much enough for the ele to have 100% fury uptime during the entire fight.

So just because you’re ignorant of the way the game works means I’m a clown? Funny, from my perspective it’s the other way round.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

(edited by ThiBash.5634)

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

why? when the ridiculousness of what they type speaks volumes of hilarity

As you can see in my previous post, the near-perma protection is actually very possible. Glad you had a good laugh, now look at how stupid your comment makes you look and we’ll have another good laugh.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

You also have the earth trait to gain protection when you gain an aura

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

I disagree: fresh air the very best trait we have in order to boost our damage, and by far.

This doesn’t address the point. It’s still not an amazing dps booster and it doesn’t make your dps as good as a warrior; not even close. The fact that it’s our “best” one is sad, to say the least. All that trait does is bandaid the problem of having to invest in Arcana to be efficient.

- enables us to use our best AA: lightning whip (on the best set: D/F).
- procs electric discharge three times more (and fury if you have 5 points in arcana, for a 70% minimum uptime).
- make the most out of single attunement damage boosts: air training. Before this, single attunement damage boosts were useless.

Suddenly spamming Lightning Whip=amazing damage? Even with Fresh Air that’s not the case. If you’re using that skill consistently you’re missing out on a ton of utility, especially on a set like D/F, which by the way will get you killed consistently against a skilled opponent due to your set having no access to blind and no spike damage to finish them off before your defenses run out, which is part of the reason FA has moderate success with scepter builds.

Single attunement traits are still bad barring the one in Fire Magic, since you are entering fire specifically to do damage. You should not require FA to make One with Air good; that’s another example of a band-aid.

- enables us to use other attunements with no loss in damage. This is the most crucial point. What I mean is that, before the introduction of FA, if you swapped out of air you would have to spend 15s in sub-optimal attunements before returning to air. People invested in arcana to counter this. This problem is that points invested in arcana are not invested elsewhere, so you gained boon duration and some support but you lost significantly on damage.

You are again naming one of the main conceptual problems eles suffer from. FA doesn’t serve any purpose but to allow us a bit of extra damage while band-aiding long attunement recharges for.. one attunement.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Well I get it you are talking about WvW.
I don’t do this game mode.
What is there even to talk about in WvW ?? :o

The fact is, due to fresh air, we do damage comparable to warriors in PvE.
And at the same time we have access to much higher utility, we provide support, etc.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

Well I get it you are talking about WvW.
I don’t do this game mode.
What is there even to talk about in WvW ?? :o

The fact is, due to fresh air, we do damage comparable to warriors in PvE.
And at the same time we have access to much higher utility, we provide support, etc.

In my opinion :
PvE : every classes balance , cuz your enemies are champs ,mods ,world events bla bla … we need to be “friends” to beat them all.
PvP/WvW : Every classes OP cuz my main is ele . Im current running a burst FA zerk + valk mix . Eles miss the burst ,70% eles die .Thievies miss the burst ,just steath ,run away and do it again . Warrior miss the burst .. ah wait ,with 3s stun of skull crack every single 8s ,how can they miss it ? :v
And when people talking about the nerf ,they talking about WvW and PvP ,nothing happen to PvE :v

(edited by Fanta.8049)

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreamhaunt.4538

dreamhaunt.4538

I know we all love our eles and take pride at how awesome we are. But seriously, damage ? support ? Ele is 2nd rate at both.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Well 2nd rate at both makes you best overall.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

- The following is for PvE –
Over at GW2Guru there’s a post outlining how much damage staff elementalists can pump out.
Link –
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/85568-lh-is-the-new-bearbow-the-real-staff-dps-build-for-manly-men/

Also, at the below post, comment #30, Guang crunches the numbers for each class with max buffs. Elementalists came in third at ~13K DPS; warriors are sixth ~10K DPS.

In comment #35 he explains the criteria/conditions needed to achieve that amount.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardians-in-Dungeon-Runs

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

And then you realise that Guang has failed to prove his calculations so far despite my numerous requests for his spreadsheet.

The best “dps” so far in the game is the LH ele. (14k+)
Staff ele can do 12k+ (until proven otherwise)
FA ele with support does 9k5
FA ele no support does 10k5 + burning.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

And yet they hit like a regurgitated noodle.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

Over at GW2Guru there’s a post outlining how much damage staff elementalists can pump out.
Link –
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/85568-lh-is-the-new-bearbow-the-real-staff-dps-build-for-manly-men/

Also, at the below post, comment #30, Guang crunches the numbers for each class with max buffs. Elementalists came in third at ~13K DPS; warriors are sixth ~10K DPS.

In comment #35 he explains the criteria/conditions needed to achieve that amount.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardians-in-Dungeon-Runs

and here is a video of a warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITieQhX0MeE

I choose to believe a video and common sense over some hypothetical math that was done with incorrect formulas.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

On demand protection is better than armour.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Link –

theoretical calculations are worthless.

downed state is bad for PVP

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Not really. You have to swap out of your damage rotation (save for LH) just to get this “on demand” protection you covet. Easier to just have decent hp and decent toughness to begin with.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Defiant d/d forever.

I’m with this guy^

I’m tempted to chuck my staff entirely just so I can say I don’t have one. d/d or bust.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Just reroll a warrior. All the “fresh air” build stuff is good and all, UNTIL you actually play warrior class for yourself. Then you realize that there is no point making a chore out of elementalist play when you can just relax and accomplish more with less effort, and there is more fun and less struggle.
I mained ele and I’m playing warrior now, and it’s pretty ridiculous if you’re coming from Ele land. Basically all your skills have much shorter cds while actually doing more, and all attacks are automatically wide-range aoe (hit with melee weapon -> even stuff behind you might get hit), no need for “oh, nice, lightning whip” – no, it’s crap and bs actually in comparison.
Also, my warrior was already far more mobile at level 7 than my Ele at 80, thanks to weapon switching and the movement skills offered by warhorn+sword and greatsword. No idea why they nerfed RTL, they must just hate the class or be complete kittens whom someone kitten in their head, really.
Best thing is you dont need wrist surgery after trying to play WvW anymore.
I always feel sorry for eles running in wvw switching attunements and toggling frost/shocking aura to keep allies buffed. Sure, it can be “fun”, but in reality it’s just annoying to have to hit keys like an adhd kitten to be of any use.

That being said, unfortunately Warrior is also somewhat boring to play. As a consequence I’ll switch to Camelot Unchained when it comes out.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

(edited by Antiriad.7160)

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tei.1704

Tei.1704

Not really. You have to swap out of your damage rotation (save for LH) just to get this “on demand” protection you covet. Easier to just have decent hp and decent toughness to begin with.

High armor and hp don’t apply to allies, elemental attunement protection does. An ele interrupting an optimal damage rotation is a small price to pay for a protection duration other professions need to blow a utility for. Protection is one of the rarest and strongest boons, but everybody and their mom is dealing damage. The ele will always be a weak profession for people that don’t use or even know about the advantages it has.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

The ele will always be a weak profession for people that don’t use or even know about the advantages it has.

You mean for anyone who doesn’t want to play support.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Defiant d/d forever.

I love staff glass cannon in WvW. I cannot afford good runes, but I use Ruby Orbs. I have 4k attack power and die just as fast if I bunker. So I just go for my 4k -6.5k meteor showers and laugh at glass cannons!

Besides that, I still die if you spit on me, Bunker or Glass. Lol

On a side note, leveling a Mesmer, have to say seeing 6k+ crits from level 30 – 65 has been fun!

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tupi.2967

Tupi.2967

It’s so funny to read elementalists complaining about PvE. I can’t stop laughing.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tei.1704

Tei.1704

The ele will always be a weak profession for people that don’t use or even know about the advantages it has.

You mean for anyone who doesn’t want to play support.

Ele has , literally, always been a support profession. Why people saw all these strong aoe support traits and thought ele would and should be a damage class is beyond me. The support traits are instant, which means there is no way enemies can stop it, and don’t require you to use any specific utility, an advantage for support few other professions or builds have. The only weakness it has is short range. Ele damage has been easily avoided and extremely telegraphed since beta. Several ele damage skills can be avoided by walking away casually. They have been naturally squishy with no innate defenses since beta. Of course neglecting your defensive traits would result in quick deaths and speccing for defense would feel like a must. Everyone was looking at the same profession, but a lot of people seemed to have reached the wrong conclusion.

If the ele had been wrapped up in a paladin aesthetic, nobody would be whining. Guardians are pretty much always support. Thieves and warriors can’t support well at all. People don’t care because they expect that based on the professions’ archetype. People saw the mage style ele and assumed it would be an awesome damage class. This idea was so strong that people still can’t believe it isn’t true after a year. Will some of you people just switch professions already and stop filling up a forum with your drivel? On the infinitesimal chance a dev reads the forums, they see a bunch of people that willing ignore or don’t care about what the profession has to offer. You could not find a more straight example of a learn to play issue, but people wonder why devs don’t listen to it. There are 6 other professions that do various forms of pure offensive builds well. Ele will be a profession that is always expected to have some support along with guardian.

I’m not saying some or a lot of things with ele don’t need to be looked at. I’m saying some of you people have been ignoring the obvious for far too long.

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

fun
thanks for asking

Thank you ArenaNet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Will some of you people just switch professions already and stop filling up a forum with your drivel?

I was under the impression that every class was supposed to be able to fill every role, so I chose the class with the theme I liked. I have no desire to play any other class for roleplaying reasons.

I’ll keep whining unless the devs explicitly say the Elementalist is a support class, in which case I’ll just quit the game.